Notices

I have to keep the faith

Old 10-05-2007, 10:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I have to keep the faith

I have to keep the faith on tuesday I am suppose to turn myself in to go to jail. I talked to my probation officer and she is going to send a letter to the judge for him to reconsider not sending me. Please everyone pray as I am praying that I will not have to go, but if i do I am ready to go. I still have a few days left and will keep posting now I have to put it in my HP hands.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Shemp,

I will pray that you are shown compassion and mercy.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Shemp...wish I could give you a hug! Gods Speed to you.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Lots of prayers coming your way Shemp.

Please let us know what happens.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Prayers on the way Shemp......how long will you have to serve?
Old 10-05-2007, 12:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi.
You're attitude is inspirational. That's what I call courage!
You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.
Good luck!
Old 10-05-2007, 12:38 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Smile Thoughts & Prayers.....

Hi Shemp,

You will have my thoughts and prayers that you don't have to go to jail. For some reason I never got caught for anything by the police while I was drinking. Then when I sobered up there seemed to be cops all over when I drove somewhere!

kelsh
Old 10-05-2007, 03:29 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Raised from the Dead

the Good Lord will put you through whatever you need to endure in order to get where you need to be. In cases like this, its extraordinarily tough to trust God. however, it's our only option. If we fight His will, it will make every situation worse. i still naturally want to run from things....but when i run instead of facing the situation it puts me in even worse of a position. easier said than done, i know. stay strong, you have my thoughts!
Old 10-05-2007, 04:31 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Will say a prayer for you Shemp.Well done on facing up to everything,this will set you up for the future.
Old 10-05-2007, 04:32 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

thank you all! yes god works in mysteries ways. We must Put him in head of everything. I have the faith and what happens happens. If I have to go to jail on tuesday then I am ready. I will post when I get out and i will keep posting till I go. Love all of you and thank you.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:12 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

(+) (+) (+)
Hugs and Prayers coming your way
Old 10-05-2007, 07:42 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Have faith that God will see you through this trying time.

If not, send me the address of the jail and I'll mail you a cake with a file in it!

j/k Hope you have the strength to get through it.....
Old 10-05-2007, 07:43 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

Shemp,

I sure can relate to what you're going through at the moment. Due to idiotic choices when I was using, I did two seperate stretches in prison. Reading your thread made me think back to the feelings of helplessness and hopelessness that I felt waiting to go to court knowing that I wouldn't be going out the same door I came in through. The first time I was sentenced, I went into court in the full throws of this disease. I had the 'it won't happen to me attitude' As a matter of fact, I told the guy I was dating that him and my son who was 3 at the time should just wait in the car I'd be out in a few minutes. That few minutes ended up being 6 months. Would have been longer if it weren't for parole. The entire time I was locked up I sat on the pity pot,blaming the Judge and anyone else who I could think of, for being the reason I was there. After I got out, I was just clean, (not clean and sober) for a few years. Then a few million tears later, I ended up going back for a year. However, this time I had a different attitude. I was clean AND sober for three months when the old charges came back to bite me in the butt. Luckily I had a built a strong foundation in AA/NA and continued to work my Program, the Steps and on myself for an additional five months before I went to court for the sentencing that I landed in prison for a year. That year I spent working on myself. I had established a very strong support system that I received alot of mail, love and strength from those on the outside. While in prison, I started some NA meetings which in turn helped other addicts. So I do believe that everything happens for a reason. Unfortunately after I came out, I ended up relapsing and several years later, in the grip of this disease I ended up Dr. shopping again and was arrested once more. I got clean one week before going to court to be sentenced yet again to prison. However, God knew that I had hit my bottom and I completely surrendered. My attorney had told me that the Judge was sentencing me to prison again so I was prepared. I had packed my apt up and said my goodbyes. This was Aug. 4, 2005. I'll never forget the Judge looking at me and saying 'I had every intention of sentencing you to . . . . however; last night I had second thoughts. I don't know why, but I'm going to give you one more chance. I got probation. And the second thoughts that the Judge spoke of? I'll let the reader figure that one out. My sobriety date is July 25, 2005. I have never been more happy, joyous, free, self confidant, at peace, forgiving, honest, trustworthy,reliable, truthful, kindhearted, understanding, loving . . . Two years, two months and ten days later, here I am sharing my experience, strength and hope with you. God Bless
Old 10-05-2007, 07:54 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

plenty of prayers coming you way. Stay strong.

Kevin
Old 10-05-2007, 08:04 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

You'll be in my prayers. Remember, you are in God's hands and there is nothing that you have to go through without his help. No matter what happens, he'll see you through and God will turn it all out for your good. Nothing happens in God's world by mistake.

No matter what happens, you'll get through this.
Old 10-05-2007, 08:09 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Is A Girl

if you do go to jail, just remember you can ask God to surround you with protective angels whenever and for however long you like.
i find that helps me if i feel scared or alone =)

my thoughts, prayers and love are with you

Max x