Notices

My Story (cont'd)

Old 10-01-2007, 08:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My Story (cont'd)

Continued from:
soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/132960-my-story-hello-all-well-met.html

Well, Today is day 18 and I feel fantastic. Many people are proud of me, but none of them can come close to the pride I have in my self.

I have been asked on a few occasions the longest interval I've had without a drink, and I am certain that since I started drinking 6 years ago, this is it.

So far, the hardest day was the first day I had to go to the grocery store. This was day 8. I went in to get milk for my father and only once did my mind wander from my objective. Before it could gravitate toward the beer isle, I simply forced a new idea into mind: I need milk and bread for myself. The physical strain required to carry two gallons of milk combined with the mental strain to also carry a loaf of bread without squishing it combined to keep my mind off alcohol.

That worked splendidly, but later that night, the craving, the desire to get trashed was immense. But I held my ground. And here I am still sober.

No night since has been as tough, but there are good days and bad.... No I correct myself, there are only good days. I will not accept that a day is bad because I desire intoxication. I refuse to let that make any day a bad day.If a day is off kilter for some other reason (relationships, work, etc.) I will turn it into a good day by refusing that desire inside of me.

Well i don't have much else to add other than every day has been bright, joyful, and wonderful since i stopped. Til next time...
Old 10-01-2007, 09:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
let it grow!

congrats on 18 day, ddream..! fantastic! keep posting, k
Old 10-01-2007, 09:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Congrats on 18 days, just do it one day at a time.