Notices

Worst drunken experiences

Old 09-29-2007, 02:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Worst drunken experiences

There have been many occasions when i have woken up after a session with that feeling of dread-fighting,thrown out of places,some vandalism and even being locked up a few times for being drunk.But the worst two experiences both happened when i was single(thankfully).One time i had been drinking beer in the pub for about 4 hours and then i bought a litre bottle of whisky and downed it in one.I awoke hours later in hospital with a very sore throat.They told me i had had a stomach pump and was lucky,the police who called to arrest me weren't so lucky,i threw up all over them.
The second time i lost over a day with no idea of what i did.I drank a neat bottle of Southern Comfort and then drank most of a bottle of vodka,all this in about half an hour on a Friday afternoon.Late on the Saturday afternoon i found myself in a burger bar with the waitress waiting to take my order.I had some food and then left the restaurant and went into the road.For the life of me,i didn't have a clue were i was so i asked someone if there was a train station nearby.I checked in my pockets and found a return ticket to the town i was in,which was about 350 miles from home.I got the last train home and decided it was time to lay off drinking spirits,not the beer though,unfortunately.
Old 09-29-2007, 03:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you found us Dave.

I am so grateful to be sober and your thread is a reminder.
Old 09-29-2007, 03:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Dave!
That's a bad story. It certainly makes you realize the crazy things one ends up doing under the influence.
I don't miss my intoxicated antics at all. I used to do some really insane shenanigans.
Thank God we're sober.
Old 09-29-2007, 03:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Yes...life is sooo much better in sobriety!
Old 09-29-2007, 03:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

My worst is a bit nasty to post on the forum!! I'd be censored.
Old 09-29-2007, 05:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

I was the worstest I did ......

These days I am learning to be myself - Kevin and loving that.

Kevin
Old 09-29-2007, 05:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

I don't remember my worst.

What I do remember is being told about many of the things I did do and the fear of repeating them, or going to jail if I repeated them, or kill someone (didn't care what happend to me) if I repeated some of them... such memories are what had me say...Enough ....and start looking at not picking up that first drink again.
The best way I could find to cover my butt from what could be was to find out how to say no to that first drink. The first drink was always the problem, as it caused me to have a desire for the next 1,000.
Old 09-29-2007, 05:39 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
"Grateful to be Sober."

Wow, that's scary...! I've had blackouts many times from early on through drink but never gone on trips and stuff! It just shows aswell how much insanity alcoholism produces- like you saying even after that u didn't quit booze, just went onto beer- as if it would make anything better...i can identify with that. I remember swearing i'd only drink alcopops - lol, i was soon drinking voddy again, felt i was in some sort of control because thats all i drank. But some of my worst experiences to date have been on vodka! ( A recent Hospital trip, violence and all day drinking) The real reason i only drank it was because i found i no longer seemed to get hangovers on it. Dunno why. But yeah ii'm only 20- drank for 6 yrs so not that long compared others but in that time i have made endless mistakes. I could never understand what was wrong with my head- i swore i wouldn't do certain things when i drunk, promised myself because i honestly did not want to. The next day i'd wake up in a strangers bed, or would be sat in room full of people all of us off our face on drink and speed or something. It's hard to pinpoint worst drinking experience- theres been many- but that recent trip to hospital certainly sticks out- that night i managed to fit in every bad thing that could happen drunk- except get in trouble with the law (altho i was in a blackout for some of it so who knows...)!
Old 09-29-2007, 07:32 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hands down, the worst thing I ever did was display an inability to learn from my experiences.
Old 09-29-2007, 08:03 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Ah memories......I have so many ( sigh) but here's a funny one.....I was driving ( drunk of course) and my car ran out of gas .I was given a lift by a nice gentleman who took me to a restuarant ( actually he had called the police and was waiting for them to show up...unbeknownst to me). Anyway, I'm sitting there at the table when a policeman walks up and without even looking up I tell him I'd like a Vodka double on the rocks. It wasn't till I heard him say "Ma'am, do I look like a waiter to you?" that I looked up and realized what I had done.
Old 09-29-2007, 08:16 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Is A Girl

its the worst feeling in the world when you draw a blank on vast periods of time.

Mine was definately having the crap kicked out of me by a middle aged woman (im 17, 6 foot tall and i play rugby) sounds funny, but this woman and her family are my neighbours and they are the kind of people who kill your cats of they dont like you (they did it to the woman who lived here before us)

Love,
Max x
Old 09-29-2007, 08:59 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
No more merlot, more mamma

I'm avoiding remembering all the stuff that I did until I get to my fourth step.

Sometime time week

;-)

Karen
Old 09-29-2007, 10:43 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pinkcuda View Post
Hands down, the worst thing I ever did was display an inability to learn from my experiences.
Same here, and post some stupid harmless postings on the internet (thank god). I ususally sit in my house and drink. I have though wandered out of my house and down the street. That sucks. I am pretty sick of it, it makes it so I have a hard time being social.
Old 09-30-2007, 05:22 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi Dave,

I have had many experiences that were life threatening especially during the end of my alcoholism...

My son informed of a situation that happened while I was out there...

Imagine my horror!!! The police found me and took me to my son's home one night. They informed Shane that they found me urinating in back of a car, and then I laid on top of the car and passed out...

Not to humiliating!!!