Notices

I have to quit for good this time.

Old 10-28-2007, 04:26 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Sober But Struggling

I am a complete mess already today. My son for "what ever reason" is phsycotic and I want to have someone in the family have access to his condition.
Because of his conditon, he is unable to make correct assessment of the problems at hand and refuses to sign any papers (due to hipa) to allow us even any information about his case unless he tells us himself. I believe at this time that we need to get power of atourney to get the rights the help him make decisions.

Since my son went on Adderal for ADD which is Anphetamines at the age of 17 he has not been acting normal. ( Talking babble, distroying 3 cars and more ) I pleaded with his grandmother that she should not have taken him to get on this medication. But, She said he needed it. At this point I don't even think he realises the seriousness of his condition.

We need control and information about his care and condition in the hospital.

How do we do so?

I'm sorry.
I know this thread started out to be about my alcoholism. But, I can't even think about that right now.

I have been drinking, But, Not when I have to drive and go to work and to the hospital to see my son.

I am on the verge of a nervous breakdown which is not convienient right not because my son needs me. Fact of the matter I belong in the hospital myself.
But, I know they would not let family members be in the same hospital at the same time. And even if I went to another hosptial. Then I would not be able to be there for my son during visiting hours even though he only stays with us for maybe 5 to 10 minutes during the 1 and 1/2 hour visitation time.

I mainly go because, I don't want him to feel deserted. I don't care if he doesn't want to see anyone. I just want him to know someone is there for him if he wants to talk.

I AM SO UPSET BY THIS, I DON'T KNOW HOW TO HANDLE IT.