Notices

a plan

Old 09-26-2007, 05:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

a plan

here is the truth of it: I have already had a drink today-morning "coffee" with Kahlua. i also have to clean up the liquor closet. There are a number of bottles in there with colored water. Need to replace those. (There are several members of my family who drink normally, and sooner or later this will get found out). They all think I haven't had a drink in a long time.

There is a noon AA meeting I have been avoiding, even though I know the community helps, even if I don't believe in the whole program. (Been there, did it, but ultimately went back to drinking).

Have nice work to do at the office today, and a dinner out to look forward to.

Oh, I hope I can do this,

Alyce
Old 09-26-2007, 05:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Ok...the next right thing, the next right thing. paid the credit card bills (on time, still. amazing I have got that much together).

Alyce

Oh, and I plugged in the cell phone to charge. Now if I can remember to brush my teeth.
Old 09-26-2007, 05:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

thanks laurenlanai25 for reading here. It is noticed, the "thanked" posts.
Old 09-26-2007, 05:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Alyce
here is the truth of it:
This is key to getting and staying sober, being honest with your self and the world.
I have already had a drink today-morning "coffee" with Kahlua.
Trust me you will not be the first nor the last person to go to an AA meeting after drinking, the first one I went to I was drunk on my butt, I was still welcome there with open arms.
There is a noon AA meeting I have been avoiding, even though I know the community helps, even if I don't believe in the whole program. (Been there, did it, but ultimately went back to drinking).
As with any other program it will not work if you do not work it. For me to stay stopped I had to be willing to do what ever it took to get and stay sober, once I worked the whole AA program and not just the easy parts that I liked it worked for me and hundreds of thousands of others, as it says in chapter 5
Rarely have we seen a person fail who has thoroughly followed our path.
Further in the chapter it says
Half measures availed us nothing.
Anything done half way is doomed to failure, this applies to all programs, not just AA.
Oh, I hope I can do this,
If you are willing to go to any length to get and stay sober you can do it. If you want to NOT drink more then you WANT to drink then you are ready to take certain steps.

Hang in there Alyce, when you are really ready to work it, it will work for you.
Old 09-26-2007, 06:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Alyce, you know the changes you have to make. You can do this.

Get rid of the alcohol in the house, if you possibly can. Stay sober for the rest of the day. This a good place to start.
Old 09-26-2007, 07:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Ok, fixed the flowers, fed the dog (well, alright, I do THAT every day-am not going to make her suffer).

Tazman, I know all that stuff, but thanks for reminding me. I have my problems with AA but if it is that or death, well, choices might have to be made.

Alyce
Old 09-26-2007, 07:30 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Alyce,

I missed your presence y'day. So glad you have a plan. You can do this!

R
Old 09-26-2007, 08:21 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

but if it is that or death
Death ? Who says your gonna die ? You just going to wish you were dead. I did.

Those things you're taking care of are nice, but they're not gonna keep you sober for long. You know what has to be done. You know it works for many. Suck it up and go do it.

We're all hoping the best for you.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:25 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Most of us tend to say "if I can do it, anyone can". I truly believe that Alyce, and know that you can do it too. AA did it for me, I hope your experience at the meeting is a positive one.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:42 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I agree with Astro you can, keep on keepin on is the saying.........you can do it and I loved the fact it is life or death that is exactly how I see it it is much of a death sentance as diabeties, cancer or a heart attack, just as deadly and just as serious!
Old 09-26-2007, 10:07 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Keep on going Alyce,never give up.