Notices

Tell us something about you

Old 09-24-2007, 01:30 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi I'm D

um...no kids, no girlfriend, no house, no money...

geez my life sucks.

Thanks a lot K...

LOL. But seriously...I'm nearly sober six months, and despite the ups and downs of real life, I'm the happiest and most whole I've ever been...ever. And my life is full of people who care.

And that means a LOT to me
Old 09-24-2007, 05:27 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I am 27, I am an addict, I have red hair and am a prisoner in my own mind. I live in Los Angeles with my wonderful (sober!) boyfriend and my two cats, who were probably both drunks in their past life.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:04 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

I LOVE THREADS LIKE THESE....

Who Am I?

I am a addict in recovery in whom my HP is well pleased!

Thanks for the thread K

Old 09-25-2007, 05:40 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I am Sharon and I'm an alcoholic. I'm on day 40 today.

I love to read, garden and knit.
Old 09-25-2007, 07:55 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
On a tear

I'm BigSis, an Alanonic Alcoholic. I was about 60 miles from Mt. St. Helens when she blew back in 1980. The event confirmed to me how insignificant my problems are in the grand scheme of things. I use the Mountain as my avatar.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:31 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Beaglenut and serenitarium, it's a pleasure to meet you!
Old 09-25-2007, 08:33 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Thanks, k, for starting this thread; and, thanks to everyone who has posted a little about themselves.

Hmmmmn...something about me you don't already know? That's tough...since my life has pretty much been "an open book" since I joined SR.

Oh, that's something I don't think I've already shared...a few years ago, I started writing a sort of memoirs-semi-autobiographical story of my life. The title is Under The Big Top, And Beyond...my Dad owned a traveling circus, which was the way my life began, until my Mom left him when I was about nine years old. I guess I'd better get back to the writing, before someone else has to finish the "last chapter"...I'm not getting any younger, that's for sure, with my 76th Birthday coming up on October 4th.

I'll also, HP willing, be celebrating 28 years of continuous sobriety on November 15; and post here in the New Comers forum, not only to keep my memory green, but to hopefully be able to share my experience, strength, and hope with all of you.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:51 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

I Messed up you all ready know that I am a addict!

Something about me that you don't already KNOW!

Ummmm I think that you all know that my thoughts come out in poems.

here this might be something new?

All my life I hated to read, I despised it even in school, Maybe that is because when I was younger I found out that I could study and study and no matter what I did I couldn't get too good of grades. My foster mother (oh that my be something you didn't know that I had a foster family) told me one time that I had a problem. That I should try to remember things by rote (sp)? Memory.

So I tried that out and I then was able to increase my grades. People are so amazed when I can recite things by heart and I guess that part of me will always be there. It has helped a huge amount this last 16 months. Today I enjoy reading and I look forward to it for it is my time to gain some peace. OMG I almost forgot today I celebrate 16 MONTHS WHOOO HOOOOO!!!!

OK enough about me and my silly butt!@
Old 09-25-2007, 10:50 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I am 42 yrs old, an alcoholic and benzo addict, I have been sober 2 months. I am married and have 2 sons, the oldest is 19 and he lives with his wife and they also have a baby that is 2 months old, so that makes me a grandma, feels kinda weird . The baby is a boy. My youngest son is 13, I enjoy spending time w/ my kids, movies, exercise, and playing basketball.