Notices

London Meetings??

Old 10-08-2009, 04:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
KCB.com/justfortoday :-)

London Meetings??

I am going to London in November and have heard mixed things about the AA meetings! Just wondered if anyone could advise anywhere in particular that is good to go to? I have looked in the where to find but nothing really jumps out and London is so big! Will be staying near Wembley :0)

I think it would be an amazing experience as I just imagine the meetings being huge!!
Old 10-08-2009, 04:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

No idea LOL....but have a great time in London K!
D
Old 10-08-2009, 04:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
KCB.com/justfortoday :-)

Awww cheers Dee! I'm going with my best mate am so excited!
Old 10-08-2009, 04:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ago

There was one called "after nine" on Thursday nights in Belgravia at 8PM, and one on Tuesday nights in Soho I think at 6 or 8 that was awesome

AA in my experience in London was great

They didn't raise their hands to share, they judged the end of a share by a micromillisecond and while 98% of the people were saying Thank You, 2% were introducing themselves in order to start the next share.

In many areas (here in the USA) they set aside a portion of the meeting at the end for newcomers to ask questions, in London they set aside the final 15 minutes for foreigners to share (as in raise your hand to be called on) (in the soho meeting)

The "After Nine" meeting is specifically for dealing with navigating life in long term sobriety, there a newcomer is defined as someone with less then nine years.

Great meetings, I always made sure to introduce myself as a visitor then stand outside the meeting afterwards looking forlorn and lost, made great friends that way, and was turned on to great restaurants etc. but I'm shameless that way