Notices

help

Old 09-05-2007, 07:16 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Administrator

can I do that from here?
Can you *stop* yourself, Gyps ? LOL.

OK feeling a little better...

next week when my legs are better, I'll start packing...already subscribed to some email lists of properties, so I'll just go at it piece by piece.

Can't rely on the Government either, Best - the public housing in my state is a disgrace. Already been on the list 5 years....

It's down to me. But with the support I have here, I can do it

thanks again for all the kind words and love. still...wow.
D
Old 09-05-2007, 07:27 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post

Can't rely on the Government either, Best - the public housing in my state is a disgrace. Already been on the list 5 years....
What state?
Old 09-05-2007, 07:53 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sorry Best I thought you knew...I'm Australian.
State of Queensland. Croc Hunter territory

D
Old 09-05-2007, 09:33 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Dee...
Do you have low income government housing where you are?
An Oxford House for sober men?
Call the s Salvation Army for info??

You may not have to legally pay rent
if you are under eviction. Depends on the area.

If you are using AA...talk about this in meetings.
You will find movers and perhaps handy tips.

(+) (+) (+) Hugs and Prayers
Old 09-05-2007, 09:51 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

************************** DEE }}}}}}}}}}}

I'm here, hon.

We don't drink because of what's happeneing...
we drink because we're alcoholics.
You didnt drink.
You did what you're supposed to -
you came to your resource circle.
You came here.

That's how you do something different ..*mate*.
(ok - just tryin to go 'local' with ya)
I'm not gonna stand here holding a gator and talk to ya-
wombat, maybe .. but not a gator.

In telling us - You're telling a Power Greater than just Yourself.
Good job.

This is what life ... is like.
All real and stuff.
This is what we're not used to in early sobriety.

I had to move, remember?
I came here.
Things happened.

Things will happen for you too, love.

I'm here. We're here.
Old 09-05-2007, 10:29 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

I hope everything works out for you and you find a new apartment. I hope you mom makes out all right too. My father had the same thing done. He's all right now except for all of his other problems.

Keep us updated on everything.

Barb
Old 09-06-2007, 07:17 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Sorry Best I thought you knew...I'm Australian.
State of Queensland. Croc Hunter territory

D
I knew it was OZ but not the state. I had an old contact that handled such matters but they are in Perth. Would have been worth a shot if on the same coast anyway.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:29 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Awakened

Hey D...good job staying strong. Things have a way of working themselves out, (or at least that's what I keep telling myself lol). I'm glad that you have reached out...you have shown us all a great example on how to handle unexpected stress. Thanks.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:54 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

(((Dee)))

I thank the Lord you've remained strong through this, Dee. I can't even imagine being in your shoes.

One thing to consider though... Can you imagine just how much worse things would be if you gave in?

You're a very special person, Dee. Hope things turn around for you; you deserve every GOOD thing coming your way, 'cause you help so many others.
Old 09-06-2007, 01:37 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Can you *stop* yourself, Gyps ? LOL.
Never... can't, won't, ain't quitting... oops wrong thread .

How's ya feeling today Deedee ?
Old 09-06-2007, 02:03 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Administrator

Better thanks Gyps...still quite dunno how I'll do it all, but I will...sorting out the overpayment thing anyway, I have moving help organised and a sober place to stay if things get bad...

I'm grateful for the lessons learned really

Thanks too to all the people I haven't thanked before...

you guys are amazing
D
Old 09-06-2007, 02:26 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

dee
Old 09-06-2007, 05:21 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Things could be worse

Dee..... I probally am not going to say this right, if I don't, call it tough love from hopefully a new friend. I need to tell you about someone I know.
She is in her late 30's with no children, totally secluded doesn't go out because she hates socitey as a whole. She has Diabeties which are uncontroled, and was a pot head/ cokehead which she took with vicodin and methadone for the constant pain that she is in. She has Fibermyalgia, norapathy, and has had 6 of her lower spine bones fractures, she was stabbed 9 times in both of her lungs as well as two broken hips and a broken pelvic bone from her ex who was a crack head who was "trying" to help her. She goes to collage full time and it is on line because she is terrified of the world and people around her, she found out all love isn't good love. She sits in a chair most days and sometimes she has to use her cane or a wheel chair to get around.
She used to run track and was a cheerleader, she has been threw the ups and downs in this life yet she still struggles everyday. She recently had to move out of the home she has lived in for the last 2 years. She bought a home because the rent was too much and the teens in the area keep robbing her blind, also she started living her life with out the drugs.
She used to drink. Then she decided to quit that and move on with her life, ended up with cancer of the throat and was perscribed pot for medical reasons then methadone and now up to over 29 pills a day and 13 different shots just to control her body.
She has to move herself, she doesn't have any money, the teens she paid to help her move robbed her of all of her meds and everything else that wasn't nailed down, she wanted a drink again so badly. She went out to get some and actually bought it. Then she remembered she quit cold turkey because she wanted a better life without abuse, and since she didn't have her meds she went cold turkey there as well ( by that I mean the pot, methadon, vicodins and loratabs) and that she needed help.
She went to her computer and low and behold came across this site and your feed. Thank you Dee. Thank you for reminding me it is OK to have bad days. It is just how we handle them and How we chose to live our lives. I will be ever grateful for reading this post that you placed up. In case you hadn't realized that woman is me, and I got up this morning and I packed two more boxes over at the old house, my back is killing me and I could cry because of the pain(I took my extra strength excedrin) but I got them here to my new home, haven't unpacked them as of yet, but they are here.
I once staied down in Aussie land for a time, so I know that things are worse down there than in the United States as far as real estate I wish I could send my old home to you....I would in a heart beat( Do mobile homes float?)but alas I cannot. But you will be in my thoughts and prayers and everytime I pack up a box or deal with this moving crap I will think of you and know that it was your statements which have pulled me threw this VERY rough time. Be Blessed in all that you do and may YOUR Higher Power find you through this very rough time and transition of your life.

PS Thank You for allowing me to hope again and gain my faith back! AND THANK GOD FOR ANOTHER DAY OF MY SOBRITY!!!!! It has been 3years and 6 months and 12 days!
Old 09-06-2007, 05:38 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thank you so much wldkatz. I'm so so glad my post helped you.

Truth be told, you post has inspired me too. I'll pray for you if you pray for
me, deal ?

D
Old 09-06-2007, 05:46 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

You have got it!!!! I will make some calls to friends in your area if you would like and see if they may be able to help!!
Old 09-06-2007, 05:56 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Administrator

Oh thank you wldkatz. But I really think you have enough on your plate. I am over the other side of the world after all LOL. I wasn't asking for help really - despite the title LOL - I just needed to share

I really am doing much better. I've made some calls and I have a place to stay if I get stuck and some friends who'll help me move. I'll be ok - I have faith in that now.

thank you. You're a good soul !
Hope you stick around
D
Old 09-06-2007, 06:19 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Talking

Most certainly, not many places where I feel like I have an already built in family! As for being on the other side of the world..... Naw your only a keyboard stroke away! Or a phone call I lived in Aussy land for almost 2 years ( ex wife and daughter of military men so I love to travel) would be no problem, besides if I am able to help ANYONE I will it makes me not think of my problems for a moment or two so please feel free!!!
Old 09-06-2007, 06:24 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'll certainly let you know if I get into difficulties wldkatz

D
Old 09-06-2007, 06:33 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

no problems at all.....now I am going to leave this adictive site for a few so I may go pick up my dinner, gotta love KFC"s mac and cheese!!!!!
Old 09-10-2007, 06:12 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

hummmmmmmmmmm hows your days been going Mr Dee??? Just thought I'd say hey!!!