SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   why cant i make it? (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/131834-why-cant-i-make.html)

aloneandinsane 08-31-2007 02:54 PM

why cant i make it?

i dont get why i am always relapsing. i did over the last few days and i feel terrible about it too. he beat me once again because i went back to him and some people dont believe that i was in a motorcycle accident over the weekend i just need someone i can count on to help me out a bit because i feel so lost and scared. i dont know what i do. i am strong on the surface, but not all the way through so how do i survive am i doomed to be an addict till the day i die? am i going to die of a meth overdose or alcohol??? i am so scared, what do i do?? i need advice. i have tried to call my sponser but i cant reach her so i called a counselor i know well and she is going to call me back. gosh i feel so bad about that and i cant look away because it is right there...HELP!!!!

Anna 08-31-2007 03:23 PM

First of all, you need to get out of your situation now! It's not okay that he beat you again, not okay. Please look in your phone book and call a Women's Shelter. You need to get to a safe place. Please do this.

And, there is always hope.

Anna 08-31-2007 03:25 PM

Here is an address and a map for a Women's Shelter in Yankton.

There are two phone numbers. Please call:

Women's Center/Shelter Helpline

510 Broadway Ave
Yankton, SD 57078, USA

(605) 665-1448
(605) 665-4811

Alive 08-31-2007 03:29 PM

With Anna's precious help i don't know what else to say other than: you are much more important to yourself right now..You are what you got to live with..there won't be other chance, don't live your life being treated bellow a queen..ok?..that's the way you should be treated..My mom taught me to treat a woman with respect, if he doesn't know what that is, please don't let him keep destroying you..It's a crime..And you are a child of God, there's nothing wrong with you...You will shine on your own, i am sure..just take that step..

laurenlanai25 08-31-2007 03:45 PM

hello! i wish i could give u a big hug right now! your name screenname makes me so sad :( just remember the moment that we reach out we are not alone anymore!!

Emily2002 08-31-2007 06:36 PM

((((alone))))

Has your sponsor gotten back to you yet? Oh, I hope so.

I'm not in a situation quite like yours right now, but perhaps the relapses have something to do with the feelings of hopelessness, fear, etc. that you're experiencing while in that relationship?

Years ago, I had myself convinced I loved someone who hit me. Just once, but he made me feel horrible in other ways, too. Now I can recognize that it wasn't love but fear of being alone.

Anyway -- I hope things change for you... and soon.

Good luck and let us know how you are, later, ok?

nogard 08-31-2007 06:39 PM

how you doing (((alone)))