Notices

Ya Know?

Old 08-31-2007, 06:22 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

... a long time coming for me, too. I HAVE to keep telling myself that the better life (that we all deserve) is in store if only I can hang in there long ENOUGH.

Oh -- and about "becoming" -- that's exactly why I chose my signature line! It's never, ever, really too late.
Old 08-31-2007, 06:47 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

At least you want better now NewLeaf. I can remember it wasnt very long ago when all i wanted to do was drink. I didnt care about recovery. I didnt want to grow or be better. I just wanted everything without actually putting any effort or doing any work to get it. Give me it all and my drink too was my mentality. But that was unrealistic as much then as it is now. So i can now say that i have grown just a little. At least i want more now and have a little more insight on what i need to do to get there. It doesnt completely illiminate the struggle. I can only say im a little more aware. These forums especially on days like today are so helpfull to me. I know i have alot more work to do but im glad i have these pages to turn to when i need some good encouragment. It makes me want to share more of myself with other people which was not really an option for me a year ago. I would of been happy living on my own little island without seeing another soul then.
Old 08-31-2007, 06:58 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

NL, it may seem now, like life will never be just what you want it to be. If you make a decision to be sober one day at a time, it will only bet better..and better..till one day you turn around and see how far you've come and how happy you've become.
Old 08-31-2007, 07:16 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I have found that even when you go far, get some clean time. Its easy to slip back into the funk. My natural tendency is to want to be alone on that island. When I'm alone and not accountable, thats when I get into trouble.......
Old 08-31-2007, 11:30 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

When *I* get this way ...
it's because I'm not getting MY way ...
and when I think of that ...
I REALLY get pissed off.

But then I come here,
post a while, go to a meeting.,
call someone with that 100# phone ...

you gotta want it, On~Fire.
*I* want you to want it, but YOU gotta.