Notices

Update

Old 08-31-2007, 07:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Update

Well maybe some of you are wondering why I have been posting when I should be inpatient like I posted before.
Well..I sat in the hospital for 8 hours and went through all their procedures and for about 3 or 4 hours. One of the counselors kept walking back and forth saying he was waiting on confirmation from my ins. I had it all set up the day before.
So after about 3 and a half hopurs I took it upon myself to call and see what the deal was. Well apparently they took so long to call and confirm it became after hours and therew as no referring Dr there to confirm my eligability. So I came home and got to thinking. What is the root of my problem when I relapse? Money. When I have a job and get paid...Its strait to the jungle for me.
So..me and my family have come up with a plan that I am definately going to do very intensive outpatient. And when I do get a job...My check is going to be directly deposited into my grams account. I will get a small amount of money for things I need for the week. But nothing close to enough for me to get high with.
I think this could work.

ROWAN!!!!!...I am going to TRY VERY HARD TO MAKE IT TO A MEETING TONIGHT!!!!

But I dont want to jynk myself ..so I will leave it at that.

So that is where I stand so far.
I think this could work and my family has a big red target on my back. So I cant make any moves without someones radar going off. LOL.

Yea pretty pitiful...32 years old and have to be monitored by my family. But If it works..so what.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
believer

that part of the check being deposited on your grams account made me smile...if you keep this path you're on it...

God bless you....
Old 08-31-2007, 08:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

chiynita!

That is a great plan! And be more gentle with yourself and know that being monitored is not such a bad thing! It could be a wonderful thing, I honestly wish that I had someone that would do that for me! When I get down in the dumps...I go SHOPPING! Way to much shopping! LOL

I pray for good things to come for you! Hang in there this is a great step in the right direction!
Old 08-31-2007, 08:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Smile Great idea

Hi Chiynita, this sounds like a good plan. Gald to see you are doing well. GH
Old 08-31-2007, 09:03 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

So .. when ARE you going to treatment - if you said, I missed that, sorry.

So, young lady, you're gonna TRY to get to a meeting tonight? My heart will weep when you come back and say "I went to a meeting!" - but I can sense you're getting closer, Trish.

Thanks for the update - so good to see you
Old 08-31-2007, 09:08 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Sounds like a good plan, but for me the problem was me, not money or someone not monitoring me, the whole problem was me, I was a drunk whether I was drinking or not... I was a drunk. In order for me to no longer drink I had to change me.

Changing me for me was the key to staying sober because in reality until I changed the drunk I was, I was going to find a way to drink again, be it borrowing money or simply drinking what was offered to me.

I am no longer a drunk, I have changed, I used the 12 steps of AA to change me, I still have full access to every dime I make and do not buy because I am no longer a drunk. I can and do go to family functions where there is drinking going on and I am not even tempted, why? Because I changed, I am no longer the drunk I was.

Heck I even went to a Redskins game where I had access to an open bar and simply got hot chocolate and coffee.... Why? I have changed, I am no longer a drunk.

The plan should work as long as you are never offered anything by friends or aquaintances something, or you borrow or find $50.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:20 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

I live a good 30 mins from the dope spot. I live in the burbs and there isnt any crack around here as far as I know. Plus I have no using friends around here. I am pretty safe. Unless I do find 50 bucks..LOL....But hopefully that doesnt happen.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:31 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Sounds like you're ready to do the deal, Trish. I'm very proud of you and want nothing more than to see you succeed.

There's only one thing that prevents me from making it to a meeting, and that's MYSELF. Like Rowan said, I'd like to hear that you made it to one also.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:40 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Good luck to you trish, try & make a meeting, you will find people who know exactly where you are at right now and have found a way out of that hole.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:47 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Keep posting and let us know how you're doing, Trish!