Notices

WOW! 15 days - no alcohol

Old 08-30-2007, 07:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile WOW! 15 days - no alcohol

I'm still blow away by the fact that I just don't want it. I tried to stop before and I just never could make it. I just drank, drank and drank some more. Hungover ALL the time. Felt terrible mentally and physically all the time.

I can't believe how much better I feel by not drinking. I think had I kept on the destructive path I was on, I would not have lived a long time.

One thing I am doing different is removing the temptation. I think it may mean that I have to give up my s/o. That makes me sad but I have children (grown) that need me. I have a beautiful Grandson that I love so much.

I am very grateful and thankful for being sober. I just pray I can continue.

How sad that it took loosing my mama to be where I am right now.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

There are often very hard choices we have to make in order for sobriety to work for us. This sounds like a tough one. Good for you having 15 sober days!
Old 08-30-2007, 07:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes Anna, very hard choice but one I believe I'm willing to make if necessary.

Is that right? We do whatever we have to remain sober. In my mind that is right but I don't know.

It's kinda like stepping on someone else for my own good. Selfish maybe. I don't know. *smiles*
Old 08-30-2007, 07:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well done on your 15 days starlite dawn very happy for you
Old 08-30-2007, 07:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
let it grow!

here's to another day in recovery! hugs, k
Old 08-30-2007, 07:23 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Starlite-Well done and congratulations on 15 days! Keep praying! Hugs, Jomey
Old 08-30-2007, 07:27 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Congrats on 15 days! That is awesome that you feel better! Keep up the great work!!

Old 08-30-2007, 07:29 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Silly Rabbit

congratulations!!
Old 08-30-2007, 07:46 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Dom
Inspired

Great job and keep it up. 94 days for me and I enjoy being sober and having a different mentality towards life.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:00 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Congrats Starlite!
Old 08-30-2007, 08:59 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
believer

Congratulations...

i am sure she's proud of you..where ever she is....and mom's always know that their kids are struggling..i don't think we wanted to hurt out families..and i believe they know that..

she's proud of you Dawn...
Old 08-30-2007, 09:06 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

karimpatim - *tears*

I want my mama to be proud of me, I do.

This is all so strange to me. Always before, when things got hard, I ran straight to a bottle. I kinda feel like my little mama is leading me.

Thank you all so very much for the congrads and the encouragement. Very much appreciated.

*smiles*
Old 08-30-2007, 09:30 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Congrats on the 15 days, what exactly have you done to take your mama out of the equation if you do not mind me asking?
Old 08-30-2007, 09:36 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Taz - not sure what you are asking me here. I don't mine you asking me anything. *smiles* I just want to keep on the path I'm on right now.

I drank heavily on August 15. My mom had an accident August 16. I lost her August 19.

I have not drank since August 15.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:42 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
believer

It's a beautiful, and sad story..that can turn into a story of recovery..

For some people it's hard to deal with both recovery and the weight of a date related to a lost...But if for you this is something you feel ok with, i give you my complete congrats on having such an action...

I for once tried many times to get it together for others and it didn't work, because i was too destructive that i couldn't bare to deal with that...but i recognize, because i've been there, that it's one of the most beautiful actions a person can take..

i am sorry for your mom..But i am completely confident, believing in God, that you'll never walk alone, nomatter what happens...ok? Now you have an angel..
Old 08-30-2007, 09:49 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
outtahere

Whhhhaaaat weeee haaave heeeeere is a failure to comunicate!

So sorry your mama died (pretty sure that is what you are talking about). I really don't think anyone thinks you took your mama "out of the equation" (hmm I think we all know what that would mean). I hope you don't think I am trying to make light of this, just trying to help out.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:17 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Karimpatim - I'm real confused right now to be quite honest. I don't know why I'm not drinking or why I don't want to drink. I do get scared that the old urges will return and I won't be able to deal with them.

I can't say that I'm not drinking for my mama. My mama never knew I drank. It's just since all this has happend, I've not wanted to drink. I sure don't understand it. For the last 7-8 years, I've never gone this long without drinking. I'm one that drank on Monday, nursed that hangover on Tuesday and started all over on Wednesday.

Lee - yes, my mama, she died. I think a part of me did too. No, I don't think for one minute anyone meant anything bad. I think this is a place where people help you.

I am most grateful for your kind thoughts, comments and encouragement. I'm just trying to stay where I am right now and keep adding those days up. *smiles*
Old 08-30-2007, 10:25 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I'm just glad that you don't have the urge to drink, starlite dawn. Have you considered or are you already seeing a professional or health provider about your past alcohol abuse?

The old urges may return - and it's important to have a solid foundation, or plan, to fall back on if and when that happens.

I'm so glad you're here with us, starlite dawn.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:30 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
believer

Honey the fact you realize your confusion is a good thing..I got worried that you had all that weight in you shoulders.I will tell you why..When my uncle died i started thinking that all those people i knew and loved, who died, would be tremendously disappointed at me, looking down from Heaven, and seeing how troubled i was after all, being that i always was the guy who looked to be positive and ok...It took me a long time to realize that i am human and whatever they are doing up there they would understand my struggles....I think the fact you are recovering of two things is quite difficult...Are you being supported by other people?
Old 08-30-2007, 10:36 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Ah, Rowan, thank you. I'm so happy to be here and go glad I found this place. I came a good while back because I wanted to stop drinking but I never was able to do it. So I've been lurking because I was still drinking.

I am not seeing a professional at this time, but yes, I do feel I need to. I think my foundation is not solid. I wanted to have a drink Sunday but I was able to not do do that. It was not so hard that time but I do worry about the next time I want a drink.

My s/o, he is a very heavy drinker. I've avoided him. I have to. Plus the fact that I can't just have a drink. I'm the one that stays at the bar till the bartender screams "we ain't got no more liquor."

I want to remain sober so very badly. I pray almost non-stop. I am scared and confused. But I do know I want this sober life. I like it. *smiles*