SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Looking for UK support (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/131410-looking-uk-support.html)

Star_dust 08-25-2007 02:44 PM

Looking for UK support

Hi,
I'm new here and am really hoping to 'meet' others in the UK to chat to, email etc. I've recently admitted properly to myself that I have a problem with alcohol, and for the first time ever have shared that with my partner and a couple of friends. I've drank in secret for many years, so nobody has known. I have tried so many times to stop drinking with no help. Of course it didn't work!
I'm now seeing a counsellor, have an AA contact and am managing to stay sober. It's not been long, but I feel much more positive about it this time as I'm not alone.
Just wondered if there's anyone out there who might enjoy exhanging mail, just to chat about how we're doing - you can never have too much support.
Thanks in advance
SD

cmc 08-25-2007 02:57 PM

Hi,
I'm not from the UK but wanted to give you a warm (USA) welcome to SR and this forum. I'm sure you will make lots of new friends here- we have so many wonderful people on SR. In the meantime, you might want to read the stickys at the top of the page and take a look at some other posts to familiarize yourself here.

gypsytears 08-25-2007 07:07 PM

Hi Star_Dust :). I'm not from the UK either but I wanted to let you know on the Bottoms thread we have people from all over the USA, Canada, NZ, Australia & the UK. There's also the Bottoms meets the Newbie Bus with some fellow UKer's & a thread by Octoman (can't remember the title atm). He's from the UK. That should get you started. I'm sure if you poke round you'll fnd more but that's what I know of right off the top of my head. HTH :).

nogard 08-25-2007 07:10 PM

Hi Star_Dust, I am from the UK but have lived in Australia for over 20 years, so welcome to SR :)

Kevin

Anna 08-25-2007 08:04 PM

Hi StarDust,

Welcome!

I'm from Canada, but the beauty of SR is that we can all help each other along, no matter where we live. The boards are quite active and you can always PM people and even exchange email addresses if you like.

I'm glad you're reaching out for help.

stone 08-25-2007 11:51 PM

Hi and welcome Star!
:)

Room1 08-26-2007 12:08 AM

:wave: Hello Star,

I am in the UK, but I really don't think it matters where you are from as there is loads of support on these boards from all over the world and everyone is lovely.

It's a wonderfull place to come to when you need advice, support or just somewhere to hang out for a while.

I have only been sober a short while but these boards have been a great help to me.

Sax

Amelie 08-26-2007 01:23 AM

Hi i am from the uk. Just wanted to say hi
Amelie

Arura 08-26-2007 01:33 AM

Welcome to SR......:wave:

....:)

CarolD 08-26-2007 03:10 AM

Welcome to SR....:)

Please notice we have 2 Forums in Alcoholism Information
and I hope to see you there too.

Forward we go...side by side