Notices

Ouch!!!

Old 08-23-2007, 06:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Exclamation Ouch!!!

Well, I juist spent an HOUR typing my thread, without backing it up, and what do you know... I LOST ALL OF IT!!!! ARRRGGGHHH! The wonders of addiction recovery...

Now, I will retype the short version...

HELLO ALL, I'm Brad, and I'm a cross addicted drug addict/ alcoholic..
I'm in a bit of a bind here, so please bear with me...
I've been in and out of recovery for about 20 years, and am only 35.. I've found that the most support is in the rooms of AA/ NA. My latest downfall was narcotics, eg. schedule 3's, like hydrocodone, oxycodone, hydromorphone, and tramadol. This is because I took it upon myself to (after being prescribed Dilaudid 5mgs, lortab 10mgs, and tramadol, 50mgs ALL AT THE SAME TIME, by the way- for having 2 foot surgeries), to acquire my drugs by what you all may know as "Doctor Shopping". My problem is as follows:
On 7/13/07, I got a knock on my door. It was the Flagler County Sheriffs Office Criminal Investigations Unit, and they asked me if I wanted to go with them for an "interview". So, not wanting them to come at a later time, and kick my door down, I followed them to their sub-station..
Turns out they were investigating my DR. Shopping. This took place a year and a half ago, at which time I got sick & tired of being sick and tired, and went to a PRIVATE outpatient rehab, called Stewart Marchman.. At that point, I stopped the DR. Shopping, and was following my plan, going to meetings, and truly working my program (still am).. So, I was COMPLETELY honest with the detective, and he told me that I faced up to a $5000 fine/ and or 5 years in prison. I had NO IDEA that I was that SICK!!! It made me SICK to see the number of pills I was munching on!!
Anyway, I got in trouble for a domestic issue (and no, I was NOT the aggressor, I defended myself by holding my ex-wife when she punched me in the face 6-8 times!), and was put on probation.. I was ALSO supposed to complete an anger management course, and a substance abuse program by the county. I continued with Stewart Marchman, and was not told otherwise, until my last month and a half, in which time, I had to go to 3 substance abuse classes a week, @ $20 a pop, so as to not be "violated". I lost my job, and did something STUPID- I stopped going to the classes.. I went to a few more, owed them $60, payed them back, and just stopped.. My own fault, and I do take responsibility for my actions.. I wound up getting arrested for violation of probation.. SURPRISE, SURPRISE!!!

When the detective interviewed me, he told me that I was NOT being arrested for this. That he was going to "call" me, and that I needed to get in touch with my doctor @ Stewart Marchman, that he would need to go to court with me, etc...
Well, upon my re-entry to probation, my PO took me next door for a COMPLETE drug panel.. I of course, came up clean, as I have been for some time now..
She came to get the results, and let me know that there was a FELONY WARRANT out for me.... OUCH!
So, I need some advise here, as I've never gotten in trouble for this, and know nothing short of getting 5 yrs. and or a $5000 fine, max... Now the weird thing is, my P.O. did NOTHING, and I thought that she was under some legal BIND to turn me in, at least thats what I'm, told.. Also, I was JUST in court today, for the domestic issue, and I was saying good-bye to my girlfriend, because my divorce atty. told me that I would MOST CERTAINLY be picked up for my outstanding warrant @ that time.. But.. I wasn't!!! Do you think they may have changed things a bit, after seing that I'm at least CLEAN, and working a program??? PLEASE someone, tell me something, as I've never been in this kind of bind, and I stand to lose quite a bit. I have an 8 yr. old little girl, and she is in the gifted program this year, and I don't want her to think her daddy is a FELON, with no civil rights..
I appreciate you guys reading this LONG thread, and ANY advice you may have..
THANKS, and GOD BLESS!!
Old 08-23-2007, 06:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hi Brad....

Sorry I have no experience with your situation.

However.....Prayer is always good for my peace of mind.
Welcome to SR
Old 08-23-2007, 06:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you, Carol!! I know I have a relatively unique situation... This site seems to have MANY resources, and I'm sure somebody will have some advice for me..
Take care!
Old 08-23-2007, 06:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and Welcome,

I am glad you're clean and that's obviously the best thing you can be doing for yourself and your daughter.

Have you considered getting a lawyer and some legal advice to know where you stand? It might be worth it.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

hi bug -

I don't have any experience with what you're talking about, although near the end of my drinking, I *did* have a little oxy/morphine habit to kick as well as drinking. Where I come from, what you're describing is known as 'working the docs'.
Ouch is right.
Someone will come along soo, I'm sure with a bit of advice, or at least experience with your problem.

Meanwhile - hang in there!
Old 08-24-2007, 01:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

hey, bug - are you in a program of recovery? or are you just winging it?
Old 08-24-2007, 01:42 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Good to see you posting.
Attached Images
File Type: gif
06f.gif (28.0 KB, 54 views)
Old 08-24-2007, 02:01 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome Bug!
Old 08-24-2007, 03:03 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi Bug,

I agree with Carol and Anna.

I would get a lawyer and continue to stay sober and clean by working the programme with your sponsor - doing the steps honestly and with willingness, trusting in God, Prayer and helping others.

Good luck and keep posting.
Old 08-26-2007, 10:24 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

My story is similar.

I've had a domestic, and a warrant, err, warrants. I quit going to my school for DUI. Heck, at the time, I just didn't bother. Didn't pay my fines either. And yeah, they violated me. I ended up doing about 6 weeks in county. This was all my "first time around" before I went back out, and eventually found AA and entered recovery.

I'm, also a single Dad of two wonderful daughters. 15 and 20.It sounds like you've embraced a 12 step program. And here's my advice.

Pray, do the next right thing, and let God sort it out. Focus on your recovery, and everything will work itself in the in run.

This last time, I was out of work, my daughters had left, and I had two broken down cars and a public in-tox at my daughters High School (ouch). I focused on my program, and did what was suggested.

Today, both daughters are back, my car is running, I'm making more money than I ever have, and I've also received the serenity and peace this program promises.

One last thing. I've seen more than one example of others in the program facing large sentences. In both case, they worked their recovery and eventually received much more lenient sentences. Actually, ankle bracelets in both cases.
Old 08-26-2007, 11:24 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
outtahere

Giving the green finger avatar. What does that mean?
Old 08-26-2007, 02:51 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi, lee-
The green thumb avatar is actually the little alien guy from "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy", by Douglas Adams.. I've been an avid fan of his writting since I was a kid..
Old 08-26-2007, 02:53 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thanks for the good words- I need all of the advice I can get.. I am aware that I need to work a solid program now, and always..
Old 08-26-2007, 02:56 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
believer

Congratulations on making the move for a new, healthy, and true life!

keep posting around!
Old 08-26-2007, 03:31 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Ive had so much legal troubles too because of my addiction. I am a convicted felon and have just taken getting in trouble to extremes. *Luckily*, I the most i have ever served was 6 months at one time. But things could of very easily of been much worse in my situations. I am starting on day 1 again today. But you know im not giving up. I wish you the best of luck with your legal problems. I hope whatever the outcome is, you can still turn to your higher power for some peace of mind. Thanks for posting, Its always good to know there are people out there fighting this addiction as well, bettering their lives.
Old 08-26-2007, 06:01 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
outtahere

If that is a thumb then I have eight thumbs and two fingers! That cartoon character can be made to look like it is doing almost anything by an accomplished cartoonist that will do something like that. Better take a better look at it.