Notices

Old 08-20-2007, 12:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi

I have mananged not to drink for 3 weeks but last night I drank too much.
I have no support and do not know where to turn

please help me

Helena
Old 08-20-2007, 12:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Helena
it's ok - we've all been there. There's lots of people using lots of different programs here. LOL I don't actually have a programme as such, but I suggest you just read around for a while - it's a bit slow at the moment, but I'm sure others will be along shortly with advice and suggestions

welcome
D
Old 08-20-2007, 01:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome Helena, you are helping yourself by coming here and we will help with any advice you need and support too.

Have a read of the 'stickies' at the top of the alcoholism forum.
Old 08-20-2007, 01:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Glad to see you here Helena

The way I have support and understanding
is by using AA. Have you considered checking
out a meeting near you?

Congratulations on your sober time!

Do keep posting You are not alone.
Old 08-20-2007, 02:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome to SR I'm sure you're going to love it here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
hi-hello-01.jpg (14.9 KB, 34 views)
Old 08-20-2007, 02:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Helena and welcome to SR.

I drank too much as well and I couldn't control my drinking once I started. I went to AA to help me stop because I couldn't stop on my own.

You are not alone any more. We understand.

Old 08-20-2007, 03:00 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

hi helena
im on day 4 (ive started over after a month or so of binge drinking) i live alone and the drink monster has been a convenient buddy for me to cope with the stress in life and even boredom.
it is hard to know where to turn or what to do. the members here have lots of good suggestions and i agree with them on reading the tons of posts here. maybe you will find yourself in other people's stories (i have) it helps me to know that other people have experienced the same black moments i have and have come through it and still are doing what it takes. like dee i don't have a program either-just day by day.
glad you found the site-keep coming back. it helps me to check in at least once a day and more when i'm having weak moments.
take care!
Old 08-20-2007, 03:54 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
L Ron Hoover

Welcome Helena.
I, too, have found AA to be very effective for me. Keep posting here. There are a lot of people who understand what's going on. I've been hit and miss with my sobriety since late May. But going to meetings and getting a sponsor has been a big help.

Glad you found us.

Blessings,
LRH

Old 08-20-2007, 04:20 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi Helena,
For me, thinking I will never drink again, was to much for me comprehend....But the thought of not drinking for today was acceptable, so I just don't drink for today......and before you know it you have many "todays" in a row.... I think they call them weeks and months.....and you had that streak going before...you can start it up again....also be willing to learn , keep an open mind to suggestions.....

Work Hard and Enjoy Life.....Ned
Old 08-20-2007, 05:12 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Helena, habits die really hard, and to kill one takes tons of effort; don't beat up on yourself because of last night-now is a new time.

Jhana
Old 08-20-2007, 06:28 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Hi Helena...Glad you are here...There is alot of supprt here.
Hope to see more of you.
Attached Images
File Type: gif
63.gif (41.4 KB, 25 views)
Old 08-20-2007, 06:46 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi Helena,

Welcome to SR....Keep posting here...There is much to learn, and recovery is possible...
Old 08-20-2007, 07:42 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
let it grow!

nice to meet you, helena. recovery is tough without a support group, so i'm glad you found us and hope that you'll decide to try aa or another face to face option. keep posting and congrats on your 3 weeks of sobriety. even after a relapse, that time counts...

blessings, k
Old 08-20-2007, 08:00 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
outtahere

Hi Helena,

You managed for three weeks! That shows you can! Perhaps now you can manage to stay off for good! Only you can do it and I'll (for one) will be here to give you some support too!
Old 08-20-2007, 11:46 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hello Helena,

I'm one week sober and also new to this website.

I don't really have any type of family support either, so it has helped me a lot to be able to come here to read and write out my thoughts.

Stick with it; if you really want to change badly enough, you can do it! We can do it together.

Peace to you,
Cekiya
Old 08-20-2007, 01:37 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Helena, I'm a newbie too, only on here a few weeks, having found this place by accident while looking for something else. Now I believe it was fate that led me to my new friends here. Never have I felt more hope and compassion than I have through sharing my pain with these wonderful people. When everyone's asleep and you're all alone with your demons, you can come here and find comfort. You may still feel like hell, & scared, but you will not be alone! Most members do not lecture, even though everyone has their own formula for recovery. You can have a setback and still continue to participate. I was once sober for 3 years and then went back to it without even thinking. It was inconceivable to me that I couldn't just have a few and enjoy drinking socially once again, I was going to be so careful - I knew where I went wrong! Instead of saying NO MORE, I just said, I'll be more careful... it didn't work, and God knows I spent decades trying to invent a way to keep drinking! I crashed & burned horribly and now have health issues to deal with along with a great deal of remorse and regret. Just think, you don't have to go down that road! This is your chance, please take it, love!