Notices

Weekend

Old 08-17-2007, 05:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Weekend

Silly but true this.

A long time ago someone told me that only Saturday was good on the Weekend because Sunday was depressing as it heralded the start of the working week.

That has stayed with me all these years and its not even my belief it just sort of slotted in nicely into my pity pot mentality at the time.

I would appreciate other perspectives although talk and writing about it has already changed it.

Kevin
Old 08-17-2007, 06:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
L Ron Hoover

I never thought about it that way. When I was actively drinking, every day was pretty much the same, except I got to sleep in a little later and start drinking a little earlier.

I look forward to the both days of the weekend now. The days are so much more enjoyable when I can remember them. Don't have a whole lot of continuous time, but every time I've had those one or two day slips in these past few months, they always happened on a weekday.

Yours in sobriety

Old 08-17-2007, 06:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Thanks LRH and yes your right teh days did blur together but that still had an impact on me.

Kevin
Old 08-17-2007, 06:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

no im with ya on that theory! i HATE sundays, my friends and i are not allowed to mention the w word (work) on sundays. for me it has nothing to do with hangovers or drinking, sundays just suck because of the whole w thing on mondays! sorry i wish i had some words of wisdom for ya, maybe when i retire sundays wont be so bad!
Old 08-17-2007, 06:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Kev,

Yeah being a 9-5 gal, I despise Sundays. It means getting up early, doing laundry, groceries, getting clothes ready for Monday blah all that stuff.
But .. I try to tell myself it's just another day. If I lie about all day or go hang out with friends I may have to catch up with that stuff through the week but that's ok. I try not to sweat the small stuff. It's getting easier.
Here's hoping that you enjoy Sunday! Treat yourself well!
Old 08-17-2007, 06:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

lol I just figured it was time I let this go as every day is a miracle for me.

Kevin
Old 08-17-2007, 06:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Thanks Rowan
Old 08-17-2007, 06:39 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You bet :P

Every day is a miracle for me, too!
Old 08-17-2007, 06:42 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Funny, I've always like Fridays better than Sundays. Even though I have work Friday and not Sunday, Sunday was always more depressing.

I started thinking about it this way.....If there weren't a Sunday I would then in turn hate Saturday.
Old 08-17-2007, 08:38 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

I work on saturdays. so sunday is my saturday. monday isn't my sunday cuz I get tuesday off too. So I guess tuesday is my sunday, but monday is my saturday night? makin wednesday my monday and friday my wednesday, but I don't have a thursday because I only work four days....

what was the question?
Old 08-17-2007, 08:44 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Zoinks!
Old 08-17-2007, 11:55 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Sundays still stir a warm memory because I was reared in church..

After was Sunday dinner at my folks...a time to be together....

This was until my drinking career took off with a bang.....

What was a problem for me was getting the "itchy scratchies" on Friday

afternoon...like a cat on a hot tin roof!

Drinking...weed...and when that stopped..

Speeding and gambling...

When the speed stopped..the gambling fizzled away...........

So I guess every day is special to me now...or normal...learning

what that is.

IO
Old 08-18-2007, 12:02 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

I think that's one of the best posts I've ever done ... thanks Kevin!!!
Old 08-18-2007, 12:19 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I love Sundays, I allways think of them as peaceful family days, they are allways sunny when I think of them, I get to have a lie in and then am usually out walking, marvaling in nature and the world around me. Then you have Sunday Lunch which is allways the best meal of the week, then you get to relax and do nothing

Of course in reality, the kids wake up at 6 am as usual, they moan they are tired the whole time you are out walking, you spend 3 hours preparing dinner for them not to eat it and spend the rest of the day tidying up the complete mess they make as they run riot all day long and you fall into bed completely knackered, but I still love Sundays
Old 08-18-2007, 01:25 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Lurker

to tell you the trueth it always seems that I work harder on the weekends. Even when drinking. So the work week did not scare me much, because I got some peace and quite there.
Old 08-18-2007, 05:16 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I love Sundays too because they are peaceful to me and I think of Sunday as the start of my week. Saturdays have always depressed me. I know it is because I grew up in the era of Saturday night dates and I did not date until I was in my 20's. Too shy to be "popular". So when the other high school girls were going to dances and the movies, I was sitting home. Kind of carried over into my adult life. I have now made peace with Saturdays, but they are still my least favorite day of the week. Marle
Old 08-18-2007, 05:21 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I like Sundays now because I try to plan some kind of special family outing then. I try to study all day on saturday (doesn't work too often) so Sunday is a day to get out and hike with the kids, go to a farm, petting zoo, museum - anything for fun. It makes it something to look forward to all week.
Mike
Old 08-18-2007, 05:23 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I agree Marle...Saturday is my trouble day. It depresses the hell outta me! There's sod all on tv and a long time to kill til the week when I am distracted and able to keep myself busy. I always seem to end up relapsing on a Saturday.......BUT NOT TODAY! YEAH!
Lol, I guess my attitude is good today.
Amelia x
Old 08-18-2007, 06:08 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

I have to say Sundays are my favorite day. Seems to be the only day when everyone can get together in the family and hang out and BBQ or do something together.
Sunday has always been a day of gathering in my life. Not so much religiously. But in a sense of getting together with family and friends and just spending time doing whatever.
So I have to say I love Sundays.
But I never was a MON- FRI type person. So it really didnt affect me that way.
Old 08-18-2007, 07:14 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

During Football Season it's a no brainer for me. I love Sundays! But I do still get depressed once the sun starts going down and reality begins setting in.