Notices

Who are you?

Old 08-16-2007, 10:17 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Way to go on 90 days, TinLizzy!!
Old 08-16-2007, 01:02 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Hi
I'm not a Liz, but my wife is! I'm Mike a sober alcoholic in Boston. I'm 47, married (to the Fabulous Liz - sober 20 years. I have 11. She 13th stepped me lol) and have two beautiful kids: Sheila aged 3 years and Liam aged 9 months.

I enjoy sports, hiking, American History, old school punk rock, and am working on my doctorate in urban education.

Drunk, I am nothing.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:11 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Administrator

yeah, welcome mystic54 !

D
Old 08-16-2007, 03:28 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Hi! My name is Yvonne. I've finaly decided to un-lurk. I've been reading this board all summer.

I don't drink, but I'm the daughter of an alcoholic father who has now passed away. While I don't drink or do drugs, I do have issues with food. Life-long issues. Reading this board really inspires me. I have so much respect for all of you, and I hope that it's o.k. for me to be posting here.

I'm 48 (about to turn 49 next month.) I have a dear husband, two adult married daughters, a home-schooled 15 year old daughter, two grandchildren, and a son who died from leukemia at the age of 4 (he would be 14 if he were still alive,) two pugs and a weiner dog.

I worked for years as a secretary, but for the past five years, I've been a stay at home mom. I luuuuuuuv reading, collecting perfume, bossa nova, Judaica, chips & salsa, and watching movies!

Is there a place on this board for children of alcoholics?
Old 08-16-2007, 03:38 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Welcome Yvonne, very glad you decided to un-lurk and join us!

Yes, there are forums here for ACOA and Friends & Family Of Alcoholics. I'll look forward to hearing more from you.
Old 08-16-2007, 03:52 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

My name is Trish..I am a raging addict.
Up until recently..It was all I knew and wanted to do.
Aside from that...I am a very motivated..ambitious person that likes to work hard and spend lots of time with family. Especially my 4 little cousins who make every day worth it.
I live with my grams who is my world.
I have an awesome family who love me unconditionally. Lucky for me.
I like to play volleyball..and really all sports. I like sitting by the bech at night and just being at peace near the water.
I like riding beach cruisers and boating and living a full normal quality life.
Nice to meet you.
And to all you new comers..Welcome and hope you stick around. This is a great board with lots of caring people.
Old 08-16-2007, 03:55 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hi and Welcome Merwedeplein....

Here is the link for you

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...holic-parents/

Glad to see you here...Blessings
Old 08-16-2007, 05:42 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Hi, my name is Kevin. I live in the country North of Melbourne in Australia, have a beautiful 21 year old daughter, two lovely dogs and a nice place to live in. I work as a programmer and used to be an Author as well but drugs got in the way and I am only just beginning to write again.

My life today is a constant state of learning and whatever I am learning I am content with that. I have more friends more support and a better life than I ever dreamed possible and it’s not the money or the other material things I used to have its finding myself and learning to love myself and then of course others.

I do not do recovery alone I have support from the fellowship every day and a Loving HP.

I am grateful to not be living in shame guilt pain filth and darkness and to have the opportunity to dance in the light on a daily basis.

Kevin
Old 08-17-2007, 07:20 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

My name is Cate.

I re-found Cate March 17, 2007 and we have been getting to know eachother ever since.

I just moved away from the comfort of my family for the first time.

I (like octo) have no pets.

i adore the beach.

SHOCKER! I really love my job (ok, insert sarcastic comments here ____________)
Old 08-17-2007, 07:24 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Welcome Cate! I used to live at the Point Of Pines near Revere Beach, and really miss the Atlantic Ocean. Glad you're here!
Old 08-17-2007, 07:31 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Hi Astro, Thank you for that, now I have something to search for this weekend. I just moved to Mass from NJ, and part of my keeping myself sane(sober) has resulted in my exploring.

I did the run like hell to get myself out and knock on wood it's worked for me.

((sending you the Atlantic and sandy feet with love)))
Old 08-17-2007, 08:09 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Go to Kelly's at Revere Beach and try the fried clams!! (or anything else if you don't like clams;-)
Old 08-17-2007, 08:17 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Silly Rabbit

i love threads like these, 'cause i'm an alcoholic and i love to talk about myself. anybody shocked? yeah, that's what i thought.

um... i'm emily, i'm gonna be 23 on sept. 4th (i can give you my address if you wanna send presents ), i've been sober for 15 months. i thank god for AA because it's given me my life back. i have a 3 year old pitbull named Haze who is my shining star; 7 (yep, 7!) nieces and nephews who are all beautiful, funny, smart, cool little kids; my mom is amazing; my dad's pretty rad; i have 3 sisters and 1 brother who love me; and i have enough friends to keep me pretty busy. i work at a mental health hospital and want to go back to school to get my LCSW and work with substance abuse patients. i might have a little experience to share. what else? i love being outside, swimming, reading, snowboarding (moved to NC from CO, boy do i miss the mtns...), longboarding, riding my bicycle, dancing, going to shows, doing service work (a detox meeting'll keep me humble for at least a day or two), hanging out with the kids, and life in general. i'm pretty healthy, pretty active, and i can't imagine my life without the big guy in the sky. i also just got through a really tough situation sober, and handled it with more respect and dignity than ever in my life. thank god i'm sober, otherwise all of that stuff would vanish.

rowan, way to be a rockstar and let me yak about things that are nice about me... thanks!
Old 08-17-2007, 08:19 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

congrats on 15 months..that is fantastic!!!! Great goals...and talk it up girl...Its all good....hugs
Old 08-17-2007, 08:19 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
trying to get it..

Hi I am carl and hello all......I am living again..thx to my HP...I too love to read...that’s one of things my wife noticed straight off when I had my head in the bottle..I wasn't reading at all....I usually have 2-3 books going at once , I switch from one subject matter to another.......I am glad I found my thirst for reading again..as opposed to my thirst for other things....today I am off from work..waiting for the cable guy...I am going to hunker down on my family room couch and read a book I am into...when he leaves I'll read some more...time flys.....make a nice lunch and cannot wait for dinner as we do chinese on friday nights and the take out place close by makes the absolute greatest spicy chicken wings and house fried rice...great to have my appetite back too...one of my bottoms was going to one of our fav. french restaurants, was dead drunk by main course time and didn't even taste my wrapped quail etc..and of course, I’ll be going to a meeting tonight....be well all...one day at a time.

mtngirl...15 months you go girl....and AA has given me my life back as well....serneity is an underated value imho.