Notices

Wow.. I can't believe I'm posting on a sober recovery board

Old 08-28-2007, 05:27 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

thank you all for your kind words and posts. Believe me, I'm not over it.. I still get the temptation everyday, I don't plan on breaking. I don't think I have it in my spirit to be OK with a drink here or there after I'm sober for a while. I don't think I'll ever be able to do that. I'm done. I'll never be a social drinker. I've come to grips with that. It's black and white for me. I either drink or I don't drink. I choose not to drink.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:34 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Hey GWP...

My name is mtnmagic. I was reading your thread late last night. I admire your resolve. I have been trying to stay sober since this last December. It has been an ongoing struggle and I find myself on Day 5 today. I have mostly lurked as I struggled with relapse after relapse since finding this board in December. I have decided not to lurk and join this board once again.

I don't know why, but something feels very different these five days. Perhaps it is some of the determination that just screams out in your posts. Hope I can join you on this journey. I really enjoy reading your posts.

Gonna go give the dog a walk now. I will be back later. Thanks for being so open and honest in your postings. Without even knowing it, you have helped me come out of the shadows.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:38 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  
Administrator

Just sharing some of my idiot pratfalls with you, GWP...
glad you're doing so well

D
Old 08-28-2007, 05:52 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  

You sound very on to it GWP! That's great

Jules
Old 08-29-2007, 02:20 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mtnmagic View Post
Hey GWP...

My name is mtnmagic. I was reading your thread late last night. I admire your resolve. I have been trying to stay sober since this last December. It has been an ongoing struggle and I find myself on Day 5 today. I have mostly lurked as I struggled with relapse after relapse since finding this board in December. I have decided not to lurk and join this board once again.

I don't know why, but something feels very different these five days. Perhaps it is some of the determination that just screams out in your posts. Hope I can join you on this journey. I really enjoy reading your posts.

Gonna go give the dog a walk now. I will be back later. Thanks for being so open and honest in your postings. Without even knowing it, you have helped me come out of the shadows.
Mtnmagic.. I hope you can join me in this crazy journey as well. Life is so much better sober. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy partying and had a great time drinking. I know, terrible thing to say on a recovery board, but I'm just being honest. What I have come to realize is life really is better after you get past the first week or two. I've really started understanding what I have been missing out on. It's so refreshing to not wakeup feeling like crap and not being dependent on something to get through some hard times.

It's really helped me to just tell myself.. "There is no way I'm drinking again".. I really enjoy life and want to remember as much of it as I can. I have a family that needs me to be healthy and happy. They are more important to me than a little buzz.
Old 08-29-2007, 02:26 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Side note to lurkers. I've had quite a few people respond in my post stating that they are just starting out and for some strange reason I inspire them. I am overwhelmed that my determination and short progress can help people get through a day or two. For those of you that feel uncomfortable posting and want to share anything with me, please send me a private message. I would be more than happy to help out with anything I can.

One thing to remember.. If my posting can help some of you, your responses and posts most likely can help someone else. Life is a crazy thing and the internet is a wonderful social tool that can change peoples lives when used in a positive light.

If you feel you can't do it.. I say.. send me a message and bring it on!!! I'll talk you out of slipping if I can.!

Lurkers Rule!! Boozers drool!
Old 08-30-2007, 12:45 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Another day finished sober. Still not all together mentally or physically. But I have a sense of strength and purpose. A belief that I can and will do this for myself. I dunno, in a nutshell, I just feel different this time...Hmmmm, if I ever figure it out, I'll let ya all know.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:39 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Nice work mtn. Very proud of you. It's more difficult than people think it is. Everyday you get by, celebrate and be proud of yourself. It IS an accomplishment.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:58 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

I woke up today with the same strong resolve. I will stay sober today. I know that I will. It is not that scared, sinking feeling with that little voice in my head telling me, "Uh huh, no you can't." This is a very tiny glimpse into believing in myself again.
It feels really good. So off I go to meet the day.

Thanks for the encouragement GWP. You have a great day too, ok?
Old 09-01-2007, 12:25 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  

So far so good. What a great feeling to wake up in the morning with a strong resolve as you say. Mtnmagic, that is so great that you are starting to believe in yourself again. That's some great progress. Keep up the good work.

I'm doing good, thanks for asking. I will be celebrating my first 30 days on Sunday. I'm pumped up.
Old 09-01-2007, 12:46 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

way to go, GUY !!!!! good job!!!
Old 09-02-2007, 10:57 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Yeehaw.. Celebrating my first 30 days of recovery today.. Nice and clean. I feel great. Thanks everyone for all of your support. This community helped so much.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:05 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  

5 weeks.. going on a month and a half..
Old 09-11-2007, 04:12 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Awesome work, guy, keep it up.

Funny how it gets easier as you attached to both your sober time ... and your sober life, eh?

Keep us posted
Old 09-11-2007, 08:53 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Good going Guy.

Barb
Old 09-11-2007, 09:24 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  

as the world turns. I just had a huge blowout with my wife.. I won't get into the details, but it was the worst fight we've had in a while. We probably need to go back to counseling. It was WAY out of control. I have been disrespected so much lately.. I know it will pass. I'm trying to keep my personal relationship out of this forum so the details are at a minimum.. Let's concentrate on alcohol recovery.

I left the house because it was getting worse.. I drove by my old place to by some wine. I had a smoke and came home. I'm here now. this sucks.. ( I didn't buy the wine).

I'm going to be pessimistic here for a minute.. For those of you who know me, I'm usually not.. so let me rant here for a minute.

I've been sober for 5 weeks... the week after I quit drinking, I ruptured my ear drum, then I slipped a disc in my back, now I have a cold. I haven't had the chance to really feel the benefits of being clean. The first week or two I felt great but all my other ailments have really put a downer on my recovery.

I was all excited to be healthy and then all that crap happened. Then I've got into a couple beefs with my wife, standard stuff, nothing to hard core until tonight. I'm really bummed out now. I would love to drown my sorrows in a glass.

I'm in a bad mood.. so I'll be blunt.. I'm not going to AA, I'm not going to read the book.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:36 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  
Administrator

then you have to learn, like me, that kinda crap is *life*.
We just *can't* run to the bottle anymore.

Just gotta suck it up, big guy....

D
Old 09-11-2007, 09:46 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Hey guy.........Ive been watching your progress and rooting from the sidelines. hang in there. It would be a terrible thing to wake up tomorrow or the next hungover and still fighting. At least this time you can remember what was said lol. Kepp up the good work you have alot of fans pulling for every day one day at a time. Viki
Old 09-11-2007, 10:16 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  

I am kinda new to SR and have enjoyed reading this thread. I am sober almost 8 months. Sobriety date is 1-17-07. Something I heard at a meeting "If you don't pick up you never have to quit again" I like that. And I dont wanna start using and drinking again b/c I don't want a new sobriety date. dont wanna start over. the beginning was just too hard to do again. I personally do not think I could stay sober w/o meetings. Hang in there guy.......it gets better. Heck, it gets great!
Old 09-11-2007, 11:19 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Hey GWP

Yep.My relapses have been about just this-anger....feeling misunderstood, unappreciated.....

It looks like a great excuse to go 'screw it!I'll just drink!'But the only person who will end up hurt the most-is you.It's a lie that you'll feel better-or vindicated.You won't.Believe me.Done it..

I'm sorry you've had a bad time physically.But I do know you're strong emotionally.This WILL pass.

You won't make her pay by drinking.Ultimately?It will be you who does.Dont pick up.Keep posting-or do something else to distract you.anything.It's not worth it.

When you run the drinking pic to the end?You-me-all of us-DIE.(maybe believing we were right-but so what?)

That's a fact.

Julesxox

Last edited by Jules62; 09-11-2007 at 11:22 PM. Reason: typo