Very Rough Day

Old 08-05-2007, 08:46 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
trying to get it..

Originally Posted by micepod View Post
Point
Let's here it for another day sober.

Karen

thats right, no booze today... we are in the same time zone..I am going to vacuum the house ( my wife HATES vacuuming), do laundry, make a great breakfast, watch a movie and..( its great having my appetite back)..do some reading, call a fellow AA member that took me under his wing, that I didn't see at last nights meeting.

....dinner tonight, beef pinwheels with garlic, provolone, red peppers and spinach inside....gonna make them from scratch..takes tiiimmme...yup, keeping busy, no room for the booze today, no way....get to bed early to attack the week...I get up at 430 am so, I go to bed and try read myself to sleep by 830/900..thats the plan.

if I read longer to get to sleep fine..if I wake up early..I just try and meditate a bit...sending out good thoughts.......filling up the idle hours of the day is key for some I think...thats why I have taken up cooking again....
Old 08-05-2007, 08:51 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Carl, you are incredible. Good for you. I would love to be invited for dinner. LOL

I used to live in the SF Bay area. I used to wake up at 4:30 am too. I hated it.

Have fun.

Karen
Old 08-05-2007, 08:57 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Good Morning Parent!!
Old 08-05-2007, 09:38 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Hi micepod . How are you feeling today? Sorry about your bad dreams... but hopefully they won't last long. I didn't experience that so I have no advice to offer about it.

I can say 7 days is awesome though !!!! I'm glad you're here.
Old 08-05-2007, 10:06 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Hey micepod !

Yeah, those "vivid" dreams can get crazy ! I met death in one of mine. He wasn't wearing his hood, or carrying a sickle, but it was him. Scared the **** out of me.

You'll probably get drinking dreams too later on. And insomnia.

Hang in there, it gets better.
Old 08-05-2007, 12:39 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Hi Karen, Wow Congratulations on a week. I think its so neat all us newbies are sticking together and posting each other. I'm on day 15. It's been hard this weekend but i talked about it at my meeting last night which helped.

I haven't had any vivid dreams yet which makes me a little nervous or drunk dreams. I don't know what's up with that. It might be because I'm still trying to get use to hearing my husband snore again. LOL It's still takes me a little while to get to sleep because of his snoring. God, I hate his snoring.

He told me i was talking in my sleep and woke him up. I guess i said "I don't dream anymore" but i don't remember it. LOL I've been a restless sleeper my whole life. Even as a child. I talked in my sleep as a child even. Isn't that weird. I've had some dreams come true even, which I'm not going to get into because it can be scary.

Keep up the good work. The first week is the hardest.

Barb
Old 08-05-2007, 11:44 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Hi micepod. My heart goes out to you. I'm also clean 7 days. Hang in there, it sounds like you have loved ones around you to help you get through these horribly painful days. I really know what it's like and just getting feedback from everyone seems like mental medicine for me. Just think of what it's going to be like when you can look around you and realize that you have a great life ahead of you without the help of a drink. God bless and thank's for sharing, it truely helped me in my recovery.
Old 08-06-2007, 08:01 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Hi Cad

You are so right, I am so fortunate to have loved ones around me. I need to remember that more. My family is the most important part of my life.

Congrats on 7 days. Today is Day 8.

We are moving right along. Your post has helped me too.

Karen
Old 08-06-2007, 08:41 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
let it grow!

sending out encouragement to you, karen. blessings, k
Old 08-06-2007, 12:29 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Hey Karen, you're really doing great there. Good for you and keep fighting! The strength you are showing right now should make you feel proud.
Old 08-06-2007, 01:19 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Hi Karen. I hope your having a good day.

Barb