SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   My story...my recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/129956-my-story-my-recovery.html)

havefaith3802 08-02-2007 11:45 AM

My story...my recovery

Hey everyone...

Wow...I am so glad I found this site! I have been reading the threads all morning and crying my eyes out at the same time! I never knew there could be so many people with the same problem I have. I am an addict, and it started almost 2 years ago. My addiction is oxycodone (preferrably roxy 15mg and 30mg, and oxycontin. 40-100mg/day). I have known for a while that I have a problem, and wanted to end it so many times. But the withdrawals, the pain, it's the hardest thing I have ever had to go through. Me and my husband both have the addiction, and we are trying to fight it together. I found out I was pregnant on July 23, 2007, and I knew then it was time to change my life. My husband and I haven't touched a pill in 10 days, we are on our 10th day today. I know that doesn't sound like a long time, but for us it is. We've never went more than a day for the past 2 years. The money that we have spent, the time that we have lost with our daughter, and now I have another one on the way. I don't won't to go back, I just want to go forward. Please pray for us.

have faith...

Rowan 08-02-2007 11:57 AM

Welcome to Sober Recovery, HaveFaith.

Congratulations on your pregnancy, and on your decision to get clean. Recovery is hard work, but it can be done. I'm glad that you have the support of your husband, and vice versa.

You have my prayers. I hope you keep reading and posting. We care.

Rowan

Lilybug 08-02-2007 12:14 PM

Welcome HaveFaith. You can do it.

havefaith3802 08-02-2007 12:17 PM

Thank you so much for replying. This is the first time I have gotten this out in the open to anyone. I am only on the start of recovery, and everyday is still hard as hell for me. I know now I'm not alone, and I think that will help me more now that I know that.

Thank you
have faith

Rowan 08-02-2007 12:21 PM

You're definitely not alone! I'm in recovery from booze and pills - and I know what withdrawals from pills can be like - I had a terrible time coming off benzos.
If you're at day 10, hopefully you're through the worst of it.
It feels good to open up, doesn't it? :)

parentrecovers 08-02-2007 12:55 PM

nice to meet you, havefaith. it's ok to cry here - most of us do sometimes. keep posting and blessings, k

havefaith3802 08-02-2007 01:11 PM

It does feel better to open up! The first week was definetly the hardest. The pain was almost unbearable! My legs and lower back, no sleep, the cramping of all my joints, irritability, headaches and migrains. Me and my husband have been doing this alone, without any doctors. I have been reading how that is a dangerous way to do it and to go get help, but i'm pregnant. I would not won't to do anything else to risk my unborn baby's well being, no matter how much pain I have been going through. The first week, everyday all I wanted to do was call someone to get me a pill. But I have been fighting it, and I have also been very scared, more scared than I have ever been. Scared that my husband may be going behind my back, scared of myself. So far I don't think my husband is lying to me. But there is always that chance. I am finally now getting about 5 hours of sleep a night, which is better than none. Thanks for listening. I just need someone else to talk to about this, another friend I guess.

Thank you
have faith

Taking5 08-02-2007 01:54 PM

Hang in there Faith. I will send up a little prayer for you tonight.

Also post often and let us know how you are doing. There is great support here.

carl11 08-02-2007 04:26 PM

keep trucking.......... one step in front of another...you can do this...and I will pray for your strength as well...

havefaith3802 08-02-2007 08:24 PM

Thanks to all of you...
You guys and this forum, reading each and every thread, I have spent my whole day on this site! Ya'll have helped me more than you will ever know. I need all of the support and prayers I can get. Thanks again...i'll be back, don't worry!

have faith

Aducksdelight 08-02-2007 08:54 PM

You're doing just what you need to be doing have faith. I am glad you are here. I am on Oxy addict and I know what it feels like to detox off of those. I've been there too. Congrats on your pregnancy and I hope everything goes well. Ten days is a miracle! Keep coming back.

scaredykat 08-02-2007 09:49 PM

Hi Havefaith, I just wanted to welcome you to SR. A lot of good people here to listen and help and be friends with. I'm not a pill addict myself, but I am a alcoholic and I'm going on 13 days sober. This forum has helped me a lot also. I couldn't have done it with out them. Keep reading and posting.

Barb

sobahinSF 08-03-2007 06:26 AM

Ten Days is incredible of OXY and get to doc!

Hi couple off oxy,
How you did it I will never know other than love of your baby. Ten days of oxycontin as a couple without help and pregnant is not only a billion to one odds of making it ten days but insane to do. You must go to a OBGYN and be checked and also to a recovery or support group of your choice. Couples rarely stay clean, one sabotages the others recovery. Oxy is the second most additive drug under crack in terms of brain chemistry. Please, please post here for help in finding you a Doctor and if you are worried about being caught with multiple prescriptions or one of you in the medical field their are ways to get you the help you need. I know, our couple went to that big hospital for his ER residency and came back in your shoes. Please post here to let us know if you want some SUGGESTIONS of where you may go. You need medical management of your baby, and if the Oxycontin for a real cause your pain and your link to getting too much. Please, 23 year clean and sober and saw many of my community fall to OXY.