Notices

Hello new to this forum and would like to Introduce myself!

Old 07-31-2007, 04:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Hello new to this forum and would like to Introduce myself!

Hi there,

My name is Tom. I have just joined this forum/community as I am a addict! I am hoping to meet some new people that can help me through my recovery process as well as help others in need. I also look forward to taking in all the information I can to help along the way. I have been addicted to opiates for 8+ years now, My drugs of choice where prescription pain pills and occasional Herion usage.Everything in the opiate department I used codiene,Hydrocodone,hydromorphone,oxycodone,demero l,morphine, I snorted Herion on occasion and loved to smoke opium. It all started back in the year 2000 when I was in a terrible car accident, I rolled my vechile several times I rolled my truck so many times(It was a older model chevy blazer full size with a lift kit and mud tires so it sat higher off the ground than most cars or trucks) anyways, I rolled it so many times the body of the truck split off from the chasis and the engine was thrown about 1/8 of mile down the road. Needless to say I walked away with broken ribs, a broken leg,busted nose,cuts from glass under my eyes and all over my body as well as several other injurys. I was hospitalized for 2 weeks that was when for the first time in my life I was given narcotics. I was pumped full of morphine around the clock and sent home when discharged with percocets 10mg's. At first I took them as prescribed I hurt quite abit so as time when on it went from 1 every 4hrs to 2 every 4hrs and that was just the start but at the same time my introduction to that euphoria and plesuarable feeling of opiates. Over the years to follow I developed constant aches and pains in my neck and back and the physical theapery killed. I was getting scripted #120 perc 10's in the begining instructed to take 4 a day. it did'nt even take a full year and I was up to 10 a day. As time went on I did'nt feel that high and relief from pain as I used to so I began to seek meds off the streets. getting anything I could to get that high and fell that pleasure. I was snorting the pills for quicker feeling and taking as much as 60-70mg oxycodone at a time. 4 years later I realized after my dr. so kindly pointed out by calling me every four letter word in the book EXCEPT A DRUG ADDICT after dr.shopping on a regular basis I had a big problem. I checked myself into a in-patient rehab clinic to detox and get help. I was in for 34 days got out and it did'nt even take a week and there I was with a whole bottle of Norco 10/325 sitting in front of me so what do I do take 10 right off the back waited a hour took 10 more need I say more I OD. I go to the hospital get my stomach pumped get pumped full of Narcan and as if it was not enough I go home and keep on.This has continued (the dr.shopping,lying,stealing,buying drugs off the streets,destroying my family) for the years to come. Which brings me to now! This time I am determined if it kills me to get off this junk. I had a emergency appointment with a Dr. in the a city 100 miles from my hometown to be started on Suboxone which I have heard wonderful things about. Now this is only day two but I must say I am already feeling not great but good. And I am really hoping this time around with the help of this medication as well as counseling and the help of anyone of you that are willing to give advice and be there for me I may finally find myself ending a long path of destruction and turning over a new leaf. I have a family and 2 children ages 2 and 4 and this is very important to me to get my life and these problems delt with now,recover now and stay clean the rest of my life for the sake of not only my health and well being but the well being of my children. So with all this being said(Sorry about the length by the way, I may have jumped around abit but I wanted to keep it brief and to the point just to give you a insight to my addiction)Anyways with this all being said please feel free to contact me if you are in a similar situation or can offer any advice to me. And I look forward to eventually meeting you all and helping as well if I can. I am proud to say I am happy to be sober right now and I am also proud to say that I am ready to be sober right now. So it's a pleasure to meet you all and I think I will go browse around now. Take care one and all.

Tom
Old 07-31-2007, 04:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Glad you're here, Tom, and thank you for sharing your experience with us. You'll find plenty of help here, keep reading and posting.
Old 07-31-2007, 04:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Today is my first day on here as well. I'm an alcoholic but for a brief time had a problem with xanax and the withdrawals from that were frightening. I went to difficult lengths to get it and ended up on the internet getting who knows what. Glad you're here as we can both go through this together. You're not alone.
Old 07-31-2007, 04:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hello Im an alcoholic and a pill junkie.I loved hydro's. I went back to drinking when coming off pils pain was to much for me.good luck with your recovery keep posting.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Tom,

Welcome! It sounds like you're ready to make a big change in your life.

Please know that you are not alone in your struggle and that you have found a place where people understand.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Way to go Tom! First step is hard.
DO NOT GIVE UP!
Old 07-31-2007, 07:05 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
No more merlot, more mamma

Hi Tom..

Welcome.

Karen
Old 07-31-2007, 07:11 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Tom...

Welcome to SR...

You will find friends here..

That's a fact.

Love,

:

IO
Old 07-31-2007, 07:57 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
I pulled off your wings ...

Originally Posted by soberT View Post
Hi there,

My name is Tom. I have just joined this forum/community as I am a addict! I am hoping to meet some new people that can help me through my recovery process as well as help others in need. I also look forward to taking in all the information I can to help along the way. I have been addicted to opiates for 8+ years now, My drugs of choice where prescription pain pills and occasional Herion usage.Everything in the opiate department I used codiene,Hydrocodone,hydromorphone,oxycodone,demero l,morphine, I snorted Herion on occasion and loved to smoke opium. It all started back in the year 2000 when I was in a terrible car accident, I rolled my vechile several times I rolled my truck so many times(It was a older model chevy blazer full size with a lift kit and mud tires so it sat higher off the ground than most cars or trucks) anyways, I rolled it so many times the body of the truck split off from the chasis and the engine was thrown about 1/8 of mile down the road. Needless to say I walked away with broken ribs, a broken leg,busted nose,cuts from glass under my eyes and all over my body as well as several other injurys. I was hospitalized for 2 weeks that was when for the first time in my life I was given narcotics. I was pumped full of morphine around the clock and sent home when discharged with percocets 10mg's. At first I took them as prescribed I hurt quite abit so as time when on it went from 1 every 4hrs to 2 every 4hrs and that was just the start but at the same time my introduction to that euphoria and plesuarable feeling of opiates. Over the years to follow I developed constant aches and pains in my neck and back and the physical theapery killed. I was getting scripted #120 perc 10's in the begining instructed to take 4 a day. it did'nt even take a full year and I was up to 10 a day. As time went on I did'nt feel that high and relief from pain as I used to so I began to seek meds off the streets. getting anything I could to get that high and fell that pleasure. I was snorting the pills for quicker feeling and taking as much as 60-70mg oxycodone at a time. 4 years later I realized after my dr. so kindly pointed out by calling me every four letter word in the book EXCEPT A DRUG ADDICT after dr.shopping on a regular basis I had a big problem. I checked myself into a in-patient rehab clinic to detox and get help. I was in for 34 days got out and it did'nt even take a week and there I was with a whole bottle of Norco 10/325 sitting in front of me so what do I do take 10 right off the back waited a hour took 10 more need I say more I OD. I go to the hospital get my stomach pumped get pumped full of Narcan and as if it was not enough I go home and keep on.This has continued (the dr.shopping,lying,stealing,buying drugs off the streets,destroying my family) for the years to come. Which brings me to now! This time I am determined if it kills me to get off this junk. I had a emergency appointment with a Dr. in the a city 100 miles from my hometown to be started on Suboxone which I have heard wonderful things about. Now this is only day two but I must say I am already feeling not great but good. And I am really hoping this time around with the help of this medication as well as counseling and the help of anyone of you that are willing to give advice and be there for me I may finally find myself ending a long path of destruction and turning over a new leaf. I have a family and 2 children ages 2 and 4 and this is very important to me to get my life and these problems delt with now,recover now and stay clean the rest of my life for the sake of not only my health and well being but the well being of my children. So with all this being said(Sorry about the length by the way, I may have jumped around abit but I wanted to keep it brief and to the point just to give you a insight to my addiction)Anyways with this all being said please feel free to contact me if you are in a similar situation or can offer any advice to me. And I look forward to eventually meeting you all and helping as well if I can. I am proud to say I am happy to be sober right now and I am also proud to say that I am ready to be sober right now. So it's a pleasure to meet you all and I think I will go browse around now. Take care one and all.

Tom

hi tom...

i am a prescription pain pill addict myself (recovering)
im here for you
and im glad your here
Old 07-31-2007, 08:09 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome Tom.
Old 08-01-2007, 03:43 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi Tom,

Welcome to SR,

Here you will find great info. and support from people who understand what you are going through..

keep posting
Old 08-01-2007, 10:56 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
let it grow!

welcome tom! keep coming back. blessings, k