Notices

1st Weekend without Drinking

Old 07-30-2007, 01:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

1st Weekend without Drinking

This is the first time in months that I've went without having a drink. This is day 9 sober. My plan is still to go into rehab on Wednesday. I haven't posted any over the weekend because I've been busy with the kids.

I've had them since Friday night and I've been trying to spend as much time with them as possible before I go into treatment.

I went to an AA meeting on Saturday night and hung out with some AA people afterwards for awhile. I'm going to try to go to one tonight as well.

It seems like when I talk to my husband, I just end up getting upset. It's not been an issue of drinking here, because I'm at my moms house. I don't know what mine and his future hold. The lady in recovery that I've been talking with tells me just not to make any decisions until I've through treatment and have a few months at least at a halfway house. I'm trying just to put him out of my mind, but that is difficult to do.

Thanks for listening.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

That's good advice Amanada.

I think you will find that things fall into place and become clearer to you as you go through recovery.

I hope you can keep in touch with us.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by amanda30 View Post
It seems like when I talk to my husband, I just end up getting upset. It's not been an issue of drinking here, because I'm at my moms house. I don't know what mine and his future hold. The lady in recovery that I've been talking with tells me just not to make any decisions until I've through treatment and have a few months at least at a halfway house. I'm trying just to put him out of my mind, but that is difficult to do.

Thanks for listening.
Hi Amanda,

I can relate to the kaos of being in a relationship sober...Sometimes I feel so lost...I feel like I am in mourning and find myself in a painful situation of just LETTING GO. I go back and forth...

I have remained somewhat sane because I put my sobriety first.

I also feel like if it is meant to be, it will BE....I hold on to that...

Thinking of you.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I agree that is very good advice.
Once you get out of rehab please make sure you have a plan-AA is a good one!
Old 07-30-2007, 01:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

When I get out of rehab, I already know that I need to go to a halfway house. I have no desire to drink while I'm in rehab, it's when I get back into "the real world".

The lady in recovery I've been talking to use to run a halfway house and she has some contacts. She was supposed to call them today and let them know about me so that I can be sure to get a bed when I finish treatment.
Old 07-30-2007, 02:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Amanda, you're being smart and planning ahead - especially seeing that being out in the real world may pose a challenge.

There's always someone around if you need to talk online here this weekend.
Old 07-30-2007, 02:57 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

especially seeing that being out in the real world may pose a challenge.
Boy, there's an understatement.

But yeah, follow up your inpatient with whatever they tell you to do. I didn't, and I drank.

After the relapse from hell, I found myself in AA. I've been there ever since and have put together 9 months of sobriety.