Notices

My first AA meeting

Old 07-27-2007, 11:40 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

you know, an oldtimer told me when I came back to the Program ... put as much effort into your recovery as you did into your drinking ...
eleven months later - it's paid off.
And I'm still not doing anything else.

LOL
Old 07-28-2007, 03:21 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Barb and co

Hi,

Well it's Saturday (noon) here and I am feeling better today. Had a tough one yesterday, but a good nights sleep and some food did the trick.

AA is not as developed up here as in the US and other places. They have two meetings a week that I can attend (in my area) One on Wednesdays (closed) and one on Friday (open). In answer to your question Barb... don't have the option to go every day, well if I drive for 2-3 hours I could probably find one.

It has been almost a week since I had anything to drink and I am happy about that.

I am being open with my friends about this and I know that they mean well, but some of them are trying to tell me that I just shouldn't drink when I am emotional. It comes and goes with me. I have had a bumpy ride the six last years and in some ways I get what they are saying. The times I have gotten into situations with blackouts are when I have been emotionally drained and tired.

As I told my friend yesterday... I am getting a bit defensive about it all because it doesn't matter if I am emotional or tired. The problem is that I don't have the "alarm" that tells me when I should stay away from alcohol or not. My judgement is shot to h... !!!

I have reached a point where I feel that it's all or nothing. As long as I stay away from drinking I feel safe.... does that make sense ??? As someone wrote... it's not the 13 or 14 drink that is my problem... it's the 1 st one. That is the exact problem that I have. Once I have that first one... it's all downhill from there.

I know that my friends mean well, but everyone has a different perseption of what alcoholism is I suppose.

Thanks for listening and have a wonderful day !!! Good luck everyone !!

Peace and Hugs from
Yasmin

Hope
Old 07-28-2007, 03:37 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

thanks for the post yaz... were hear to listen too...

yep, for me... its the first drink that gets me in a blackout... lol

hey, maybe that two hour drive might be worth the trip...

i know i would have driven two hours for a bottle or a bag... might of been a little nerved up tho...

wishing you all the best yaz...

xxoo, rz
Old 08-04-2007, 09:01 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

HI yasmin,

Please dont give up. i feel like doing the same but something keeps me coming back.

Please keep posting i need to hear from you.

Nicola.
Old 08-04-2007, 09:09 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Yasmin,

Oh God, you could be an (Irish) me. I feel exacxtly the way you do. Only beware. My friends are all heavy drinkers. I bet yours are too.

They keep telling me i don't have a problem. But i know i do. In fact they don't know half of the things i've done when drunk.

I hope you're feeling better. U can always talk to me.

Nicola.