Notices

Awake and Depressed

Old 07-25-2007, 04:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Awake and Depressed

Well its morning--feel washed up physically and emotionally akter my relapse(sobr. date July 17) In a lonely place this morning,my phone list didnt work too well yesterday(SIGH).I posted yesterday and Im not computer savvy enough to know how to keep my thred "alive" sooo.... just post again.MIGHT make the noon meeting(got afew philosophical problems with AA-Best knows this(and i think yer here this morning)-will definitley go to my weekly IOP tonight. Thas Intensive Outpatient Recovery--3Hrs of meeting/fellowship/education--need to learn how to live life on lifes terms--Its hard--Im an unemployed geologist whos cleaning houses and hotel rooms right now . Gotta be aware of the blessings I have tho--I know Ill make it to that sweet spot of sobriety again-Im not in danger of drinking--no cravings etc-for me drinking dangers come after90-120 days(Ive been in this spot several times). God bless you kind people with your cyberspace support. Ill do my best to hang in there.
Old 07-25-2007, 05:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi ShawMac,

If you click on your UserName you will get a drop-down menu. One of those choices is Fine More Posts by and you can click on that to view any and all posts you've made here at SR.

It sounds like you have a good outlook and I'm glad that you do have a job. It may not be the job you want to have, but things will work out as long as you stay on the road to recovery.
Old 07-25-2007, 05:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

As Anna said. Also welcome to SR and do keep posting, we're here for you.
Old 07-25-2007, 06:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
let it grow!

it's great that you are doing IOP. keep posting, the folks here are good listeners.

blessings, k
Old 07-25-2007, 07:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I understand the depression, and feeling washed up after a relapse.

You made it back. You have a job. You're sober today. You're doing okay. Keep it simple friend, and don't quit before the miracle happens. You can do this, and we are right there with you.

Rowan
Old 07-25-2007, 10:16 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Awake and depressed, been there many times Mac. It is hard I know.
Hang in there bud.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:45 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

ShawMac, I just posted in that other thread so I have the link handy. It is at http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...re-either.html

My dangers of relapse were also the 90 and 120 day marks, any anniversary actually. I have taken care of myself through working my secular recovery program HARD as all those dates approach.

I'm glad you came back to post today, I was wondering where you went. Welcome to SR!
Old 07-25-2007, 11:43 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanx so much Alera--so strange.....the next 90-120 days are going to be a breeze!!!(that is once Im actually feeling better). however, then IM VULNERABLE--Ive done this SOO... many times before--Here we go again.Its seems that once that time limit is crossed I forget the pain I went thru or cant play the tape back in my head or SOMETHING!. Anyway- drop me apost with some advice/encouragement-Im quite curious abt your secular program(theres a reply to your message on the other forum) God Bless