Notices

Intoduction

Old 07-20-2007, 11:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sober in New York State

Intoduction

Just want to say hi to everyone. I am not new to recovery but new to this site. I am in search of friends, and support around this site for my recovery. My name is jim and I have a little over 2 years sober. I love sobriety. I am 32 years old with custody of my 2 year old daughter. She is my pride and joy of my life. On the other hand my recovery comes first before anything because If i don't have my sobriety i will lose it all. I drank to much with to many consequences and just wanted to die when I was an active drunk. Today the compulsion to drink has been lifted by working the steps of AA. I am so grateful to be sober. I love going to AA meetings. I was taught meeting makers make it. I fear not going to meetings because every time I don't go I end up picking up and I refuse to give my sobriety up for any reason. I am glad I am here and look forward to making friends here. I am an open person and don't judge. I would like to get to know all of you, so god bless and have a great sober day.
Old 07-20-2007, 11:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome!! I am new here too. Lots of great information and support here. Come back often and you will be suprised. I was. AND I am thankful that someone showed me the way here....
Old 07-20-2007, 11:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Welcome James, always good to see another sober single parent here. I'm 43 and just over two years sober also. I have joint custody of 9&11 year olds, they attend meetings with me a few times every week. Sobriety has given me a life beyond my wildest dreams, and a second chance at being the father I always wanted to be, something that every child deserves. I'm sure you can relate.

Welcome also Teazr! So very glad you're both here.
Old 07-20-2007, 11:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Ditto, welcome to both of you.

James is my dad's name, and me and all my brother's middle names. Wish I could get him ONE DAY sober, but ... it's out of my hands.

Always nice to meet another member of the Fellowship, someone who is successfully WORKING THE PROGRAM ... even on a forum board.

We'll see you around. I use this board mainly because I only have 2 meetings a week in my area, and that just doesn't cut it in early sobriety ...
Old 07-20-2007, 12:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

Welcome Megan's daddy. It sounds like you have a lot to offer here, with your dedication to sobriety. So happy that you are doing right by your little girl by giving her a sober home.