Notices

Here I go again...

Old 07-16-2007, 01:22 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Fallgirl..

Bess your yeart...

I tried a few times by myself...

It was like One Day said..My best thinking got me into the rooms of AA.

We have a term for folks who try to do it alone..as i did.

It's called "white knuckling"...self explanatory.

And..it's Okay to cry through meetings..when we identify with people

who are telling OUR stories is very very emotional...

sometimes we are afraid of those strong feelings but they are a release and

very healthy.

My best you,

IO
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
3013442741.jpg (5.7 KB, 32 views)
Old 07-16-2007, 06:54 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

IO - thank you, I appreciate your thoughts. I'm just not sure about AA - I know alot of people on here have had great success, but I'm not sure it's for me - I've already gone 3 times - and it hasn't worked out.
I did get a link to SMART so I might try that and see what its like

I appreciate everyones feedback - thats what I love so much about this sight - there is ALWAYS support!

So the good thing, is that today is Monday, so my week will be filled with school, work and the lovely routine we have going in our house now - so I'll be busy, which is the best thing for me right now. The hard part will be this weekend, when the temptation is at its greatest - does anyone else find boredom a trigger?
But by then I'll have a few days of sobriety under my belt - and I'll definately be coming here and posting!

Stay strong everyone!

FallGirl
Old 07-16-2007, 07:35 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
let it grow!

sending support, k
Old 07-16-2007, 11:00 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

"I'm just not sure about AA - I've already gone 3 times - and it hasn't worked out."

Is it POSSIBLE is WAS NOT AA that didn't work, but YOU???

Not looking to be harsh, only candid.

Perhaps you are not in enough pain....

Give it some thought???
Old 07-16-2007, 11:18 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

By the way, thanks for your honesty, candor, and the reminder of where all of us could be RIGHT BACK TO if we fail to work our programs (whatever that may consist of...) Please do keep coming back, we need you here.

That being said ... when you say AA didn't work for you ...

Did you buy the Big Book and read it ALL?
Did you receive "Living Sober" and read it ALL?
Did you do your 90 meetings in 90 days?
Did you get a sponsor?
Did you work the steps?
Did you follow all the suggestions of the Program, those of the other people in the Program, people who KNOW MUCH MORE THAN YOU DO ABOUT LIVING SOBER, to the very best of your ability?

If the answer to any one of those questions is "No", then you haven't 'tried AA'. I suggest you try it, or something like it, again. And keep coming back until it DOES work. There are COUNTLESS living breathing examples in the rooms that say AA DOES work. But ... YOU have to WORK IT.

So, anyways, a hearty Welcome (back) to you. Hope to see you around.

You can do this thing, you just have to want it bad enough that you're willing to put in the effort to gain the knowledge you MUST HAVE in order to live sober. It's all about changing your thought processes in PROFOUND ways. And you don't know how to do it on your own, or you already WOULD HAVE.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:32 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Using the word FAILURE...with regards to your relapse, in this particular case, not referring to AA...

Is often simply CHOOSING to put a negative spin on something that is, in actuality, a positive. It's the way the minds of us addicts/alcoholics tend to work, and it's one of the 'thinking habits' you must learn to break in order to stay sober. You MUST learn to find the good. Watch here, as I do this FOR you, just this one time. Pay close attention, I'm only gonna say this once:

What you have done, is not FAILURE.

No, the reality is that through logical, hands-on, and quite scientific inquiry, you have SUCCESSFULLY determined ... What Does Not Work.

Now, doesn't that feel a lot better than failing? I knew it would
Old 07-17-2007, 01:05 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Still here supportin' ya..

Love,

IO
Old 07-17-2007, 01:27 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hugs Fallgirl just wanting to say thinking of you and sending thoughts your way. Ive being there mate its bloody horrible and even tho Im still sober after nearly three months Im still bloody sacred as I love this new sober me but that dam voice that dam alcohol voice is always in the back of my mind and I hate it!!
hey tomorrow is another day one NEW Day one sober day
huggs Ang
Old 07-17-2007, 07:00 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Can you buy these booke, the Big Book and Living Sober in a regular bookstore?
bv - what you said makes me feel better, I am NOT a failure, I just need to find what works.
I actually have been doing better, I was 3 months sober from feb - may of this year, and it's been progressing worse since I started again.
I keep my calender next to my desk, and everyday I don't drink I mark the calender (sounds corny, but it's a visual aid for me!) and for the month of july I've drank twice the 6th and the 14th - which is the night I started posting here again)
So I actually am improving from what i was before, which was an everyday drinker. I just can't seem to get over this final hurdle of quitting all together!

I appreciate everyones input!

FallGirl