Notices

Just have to share again

Old 07-11-2007, 08:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Raised from the Dead

Just have to share again

again i have to share. its a very complicated story so ill briefly generalize. at work ive been making tremendous strides. the guy i work for (not the owner but the guy i was personally working under) is a dry drunk. he wasnt there for 2 days and i did a couple of deals on my own. he came back and saw that i could do it on my own. realizing that i was advancing and would in the near future be making money for myself and not for him, he went off on me. berated me for mispelling some things on the application that were easily fixable. now i feel like quiting as he's going to make my life miserable. i dont want to stay under him (the owner doesnt want me too either) but i also dont want to be on the other side of the office periodically running into him. im finally making serious money which ive always dreamed of but now i fear him. an old miserable dry drunk. i had to say this other alcoholics as i need to be honest when something is getting me down. i was just overcome with thoughts of dispair. im tired of dealing with psycho people in AA not working on anything. its really frustrating. i try to surround myself with people who make alot of meetings the best of my ability but in my life i have dry people floating around me.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

You dont fear anyone!!
You do what you gotta do and F the rest.
If he feels intimidated by you .Thats his problem.
Dont miss out on your dream and bettering yourself for some guy who is obviously feeling the heat.
You keep on doing what your doing and best of luck to you.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Document the events, clearly spelling out that the chewing out you got was not in proportion to the "sin" of a few minor, correctable errors. Copy your boss, and HR on the letter.

Don't just take this crap, stand up for yourself.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I'm with Chiy on this one.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
IO Storm

"i had to say this other alcoholics as i need to be honest when something is getting me down. i was just overcome with thoughts of dispair. im tired of dealing with psycho people in AA not working on anything. its really frustrating."

I've been there many times..relapsed a couple because of that. But remember what

the Big Book teaches us? It is not what we get out of meetings, its what we have

to offer..our experience, strength, and hope..

To help other alcoholics to obtain sobriety..always reaching out our hands to

newcomers. Reading that helped me put on a "new pair of glasses"..

And some are sicker than others...

I believe you have the strength to overcome the problems with the dry drunk

boss!

And be careful..do not become one yourself because of "people places and

things"...

Yours in sobriety..C.

Love,

IO
Old 07-12-2007, 12:55 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

"we treat them as we would a sick friend" ....

that's what came to mind for me reading this.

and if that don't work - NUKE 'em !!!!
Old 07-12-2007, 07:13 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
let it grow!

it's just the way it is. be patient with folks like that. blessings, k
Old 07-12-2007, 07:42 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

Have you spoken to your sponsor about this.

If I went to my sponsor with this issues he properly would tell me to stop taking others inventory and keep the focus on me.

He would say I wasn’t working my program. Instead of looking at the negative look at the positive. Through that dry drunk, he pointed out some misspelling on the applications that could have cost you from making all that money your excited about.

The sick people that surround us, reminder we was there at one time. Those who forget there past are doom to repeat them.

And for dry drunk and your boss pray for them that one day they can find the path to freedom that we in recovery and in our fellowship has to offer.

Peace and Love
Ivan
Old 07-12-2007, 10:03 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

realizing that i was advancing and would in the near future be making money for myself and not for him, he went off on me.
My sponsor says I don't know even what motivates ME. How in the heck do I know what motivates others ?

Keep your side of the street clean. Do the next right thing. Forget about him. And consider what everyone else posted here too.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:23 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

when something makes me angry... especialy with respect to my job and my professional life I try my best to make no decisions or do anything while I am mad, angry, upset... I wait until I am calm...

Don't get me wrong... I often write out the email with all the harsh words in it... (theripudic)... but NOW I always remember to NOT put any email addresses in the to line... just incase I accidentlly hit send... by the way ctrl-enter sends an email in outlook which is really close to the same keys as to type a quote... lol...

I try sleep on it... there isn't anything that will come of my action today that cannot be done tomorrow when I have cooled off...
Old 07-12-2007, 06:42 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Raised from the Dead

thanks for the replies. today was much better. i slept on it, made a meeting at lunch and went to the gym after work. i feel good. he was cool today realizing he was out of line. i agree i should not worry about other peoples programs and just worry about mine. i handled it with the tools AA has taught me (pray, make meetings, tell other alcoholics) and suprise...i feel good again. anyways i turned it over to God this morning and he'll lead me down the path im supposed to go on. yay for the tools!
Old 07-12-2007, 06:58 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Glad that things worked out for. I was going to post earlier, but I got real busy at work today.

My best to you.

BHJ