SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   B-12 PATCHES for increasing your energy (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/127895-b-12-patches-increasing-your-energy.html)

NEEDTOBESOBER 07-06-2007 07:23 AM

B-12 PATCHES for increasing your energy

Has anyone had experience with B-12 patches, I just got some, but havnt tryed it yet, they are supposed to be like the shots you get at the doctor-when I went to the doctor awhile back she said my B-12 vitamin count was low and gave me a shot and told me to come back once a week but I couldnt afford but it did give me a lot more enery then I had for a long time?

Rowan 07-06-2007 07:27 AM

What a great idea - I take B-12 supplements when I can remember - and hadn't heard of them in patch form. Let me know how you like them - I'd be very much interested.

NEEDTOBESOBER 07-06-2007 07:32 AM

I got them off the internet if you enter B-12 Vitamins it will come up, I am going to try first one today and see how it worrks, I will let you know.

Anna 07-06-2007 07:38 AM

I take B12 too, most of the time. I take supplements of all the B vitamins and I really believe they help me to have energy and also to deal with stress. I take them in the AM and the PM. In fact, I think my body doesn't process B vitamins from food very well, and that's one of the things that had gotten me down physically and mentally, before I began drinking. And, then alcohol depletes the B vitamins in the body, so it got worse.

Rowan 07-06-2007 07:38 AM

COOL thanks!

parentrecovers 07-06-2007 07:40 AM

i take b12 everyday. my mom gets the shots. it helps! k

NEEDTOBESOBER 07-06-2007 09:14 AM

I put one patch on after I posted this thread and within 15-20 minutes I felt my energy level go up, I think it is cause it goes direcly through your skin to your bloodstream instead have pills that have to go through your liver at least I believe that is what the instructions said.

Rowan 07-06-2007 09:33 AM

Wow - I'm definitely going to call my health food store

Debaucher 07-06-2007 09:59 AM

OMG...

are we all just freaks... ;-)

I take a B complex daily... too.. I think it makes a huge difference.

I take choline and inositol as well and it has cleared up my Eczema completely...

amazing how much better you can feel if you give your body what it needs and stop putting poison in it... ;-)

Grateful Heart 07-06-2007 10:12 AM

Good information

Thanks for the info on B-12 and the other B vitamins....I never knew they were so beneficial.

barb dwyer 07-06-2007 11:03 PM

Please let me know about that.

My mother used to get the shots ... I was thinking about asking the doc on my next check in about it, myself.

What an unbelievable coincidence you brought this up!

The big thing with B12 is the absorbtion thing ... you can eat and eat and eat 'em and not actually GET that much ... hence the shots.

But I hate needles.

Please let us know!!!