Notices

marijuana problem

Old 07-05-2007, 09:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

marijuana problem

june 1st was the last time i took a hit. and at first it was my last because i have to take a **** test for court, and if i pass, i get a misdameanor i have on my record off, if i dont, it stays. but i will pass, i know i will. i am just scared that after i pass and court is all over, i might start again. i flushed all of my weed on june 1st, took alot of guts, and i keep double thinking if i did the right thing or not. and i think, "ill start again, but just 1 time a week" everytime that happens though, 2 days later im a pothead again smoking everyday, happens everytime. so i know i cant just be a casual smoker. i need some help guys, i need to know tips just how to stay away from it. my friend just came over bout 20 minutes ago, i gave him all my pipes and bout a bowl of weed that i had just lying places, i didnt even charge him. i know im doing the right thing but its just hard, its hasnt even been a week and its already hard as hell. i am hoping i can stay off, but by the way i feel it feels like im not going to be able. i just dont wanna break my moms heart, im the only son she has left, my older brother died because he was drinkin and driving. im sick of seein my mom havin a broken heart, but its just so hard to get that monkey off my back. so please can any successful recoverers give me the best advice they have? i want to make a life for myself, make my mother proud.
thank you
Old 07-05-2007, 09:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

stay away from all friends cause when together you prob. smoke pot...that's just what you do. Do something productive with your life to be proud of.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

have yu checked out the NA threads?

I mean, like alcohol, there's a requirement to be met here, and you seem to know you're not going to meet it without help.

That's pretty much the definition of powerless.

check 'em out! and welcome!
Old 07-05-2007, 09:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

jrm ?
buddy you check back tomorrow I'll hunt down some links for ya, OK ?

take care
D
Old 07-05-2007, 09:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Becoming a Butterfly

Because pot is a psychological addiction, the key is to stay busy. Idle hands are the devil's plaything. Cleaning, a new hobby, that sort of activity, is vital to your staying quit.

Also consider why you are getting high all the time. Is an anti-depressant in order? Do you suspect you're self medicating, or is it just a ingrained habit?

Stay busy and you will make it.

Love
Old 07-05-2007, 10:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I am sorry to see you lost your brother.
Prayers for peace going out to you and your Mom.

Welcome to SR!
Old 07-06-2007, 06:43 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
let it grow!

welcome jrm - that's a shame about your brother, i'm sorry. keep posting - recovery is possible. blessings to you and your mom, k
Old 07-06-2007, 09:53 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Smile Welcome

Hi jrm, glad to have you here with us. You have come to a good place. Keep reading and posting!
Old 07-06-2007, 05:44 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

jrm
these are a few links I posted here elsewhere a few months back - I'm assuming they're all still good...just google your problem...that's all I did here

best wishes
D

MARIJUANA – A Guide to Quitting .. 6 page pdf
National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre,
University of New South Wales, Sydney, 2052 and the Departments of Nursing and Psychology, University of Wollongong, 2522, Australia.
http://www.nevdgp.org.au/info/std_mi...juanaQuit.html

Detoxing from Marijuana
http://www.marijuana-anonymous.org/Pages/detox.html

Quit Marijuana Blog
http://www.43things.com/things/view/302945

Quitting the Marijuana Addiction Cycle
http://www.rehabinfo.net/marijuana-rehab.htm
Old 07-06-2007, 08:16 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

thank all of you for your support, this is a great place with great people with great advice. and dee thank you for giving me those links, im reading them right now and plan to continue to. its wonderful that there is a place like this online that can help me and countless of other people get rid of their addiction. and again, thank you all.
Old 07-06-2007, 08:37 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope they help...they seemed OK to me. Wish I'd had some stuff to read back in the day

take care
D
Old 07-06-2007, 09:50 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
being me

M.j.

Hi jrm,

I found the marijauna detox thread on my own a few weeks ago and I think it is great. I have recently quit for the 3rd time and those symptoms just hit the nail on the head.

Keep it up! I am so happy not to be controlled by my smoking, and I hope you can look forward to that. It is very worth it and please PM me if you want to talk.

K
Old 07-08-2007, 07:09 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

hello again guys. some crap happended earlier this morning with my girlfriend of two years. all is better now but earlier the morning it wasnt. we got in an argument, we hung up, i went to my moms medicine cabanet, and took her whole bottle of alprozolams she had left, which is the generic brand of xanax. i took 9mgs. i just woke up just now, and i feel like ****. not physiciallly but mentally. and if i hadnt threw away and gave some of my weed away to my friends, i woulda for sured smoked that too. i thought i could get over it, i thought i wouldnt need any controled substance to make me get over a hard time. now my gf is really dissapointed, and my mom is crying, and she doesnt even have any anxiety pills for her to stop cause i had to take them all. the two woman i love most in my life and i have to go and screw up. so my soberiety is over, i have to start all over again. does anybody have any advice for me not to reason to drugs when things are going rough for me. and its always been like this, everytime i get made i go smoke a joint or 2. and other then that i was always high anyways, the only difference this time was i didnt have any weed, but i found my moms alprozolams, so can you give me advice please not to go to drugs in my time of needy. im dissapointed in myself
Old 07-08-2007, 07:25 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

man that's the kicker right there.
If I could tell ya how not to go to drugs in times of stress or anger or worry or disappointment or whatever, we wouldn't need this forum.

We have to find our own way, our own reasons to stop, and then put other priorities, other coping mechanisms, other strategies in place. And then work em like a dog.

You can't expect to get out of the woods in a single step, but it's possible to if you keep your head down and keep walking

don't give up, mate.

D

Last edited by Dee74; 07-08-2007 at 07:42 PM.
Old 07-08-2007, 07:34 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

get into a recovery program or daily mtgs. Wishing for something won't make it happen. Work a program. Your mom needs you. Trust me, I'm a mom of AS, you have no idea how her heart breaks. This is a family diesease and she suffers greatly.
You have the power to change if u become willing to work a program. Just stopping the drugs will get you sober, but a program will help you work on your dis-ease and character defects. When you take the alcohol away from an alcoholic you still have the "ick" That's what you must do or this will plague you for many many yrs. to come. Good Luck