SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Starting all over again - (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/127635-starting-all-over-again.html)

littlefish 07-03-2007 05:07 AM

Starting all over again -

Well, I had 17 wonderful sober days until late last week. Fell off the wagon. Darn it!
My fil became ill and went into the hospital, I started a renovation project that I now am having doubts about.....and I thought I "needed" a drink to handle the stress. Course, it didn't stop at one drink. And as usual, the drink itself has become a source of stress.

Now I'm starting all over again.

Earlier today the cravings were pretty bad. I'm sipping a coffee now and notice that they are not as frequent.

I just thought I'd come here and say hi to everyone. Get some of your wonderful encouragement for this difficult day. I'm counting the hours till the liquor store closes. It's pretty much a "one minute at a time" day"!
Wish me luck....

Anna 07-03-2007 05:14 AM

Hi littlefish,

One of the hard things to do in early recovery is to find new and different ways to deal with stress. I couldn't imagine getting through anything in my life without a drink, so it was really a stretch. But, everytime you get through something, you'll get stronger.

Rowan 07-03-2007 05:31 AM

Hi Littlefish, I'm glad that you posted and shared your experience, and that you're willing to start over. I didn't 'get' sobriety right away either.
Please keep posting - staying close to others in recovery can be really helpful.
Hang in there - and like you said, take it a minute at a time if you need to today.

Rowan

parentrecovers 07-03-2007 05:33 AM

sending you encouragement. what's your plan for the day? you can do this..

blessings, k

littlefish 07-03-2007 06:40 AM

Well, my plan for the day is to hang around here as much as I can: I made it through my last "day 1" by reading threads here. It helped me do it!

Anna 07-03-2007 06:42 AM

I can always find something to inspire me when I read around the forums.

The main thing is to not give up, ever.

stone 07-03-2007 06:43 AM

Hi Littlefish, mind if I join you in starting over again? Hang in there hun!
:hug:

juliee 07-03-2007 06:51 AM

Day one.....always better than day none!! Hang in there!

Missymae737 07-03-2007 08:32 AM

[QUOTE=littlefish;1394848]Well, I had 17 wonderful sober days until late last week. Fell off the wagon. Darn it!
Now I'm starting all over again.

Earlier today the cravings were pretty bad. I'm sipping a coffee now and notice that they are not as frequent.

./QUOTE]

You are not alone... I am starting over again also...Thinking of you...

NEEDTOBESOBER 07-03-2007 10:06 AM

I am starting over again also, but I was only had gone 4 days and went back to drinking, but several months ago I had 35 days and went back to drinking, that one really upset me but all I can say is keep trying and one day we will succeed at not drinking. I plan on going to AA as I have been before and is very helpful. Have you ever gone to aa? you might wanna try it. Good Luck!

BaldHeadedJohn 07-03-2007 04:51 PM

Congrats on your decision, littlefish! I've had more 'Day 1s' than I can count.

Keep posting and let us know how you are.

Brightest Blessings to you!

BHJ

CarolD 07-03-2007 04:59 PM

Many of us had false starts before we
found solid sobriety

The only failure is to quit trying.

Blessings