Notices

I am new

Old 07-02-2007, 11:04 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Namaste

Originally Posted by want2stopnow View Post
I totally understand what you are going through. It my first day sober too! Except, I'm not wanting a drink. I could gag at the thought of drinking right now. My problem is I'll forget how bad I feel and by Friday, I think I could handle it and I don't stop drinking till I pass out on Sunday night. But Thank God for this board. People here really care about helping people like us. They are my rock. Keep posting and reading. It really gives me strength.

I understand this--i am afraid this will happen. I already think to myself, well i can go out with friends and have one...But i dont know if i should even do that. I feel like things wont be fun if i dont drink, but i know that's not true. How could I have been so sure saturday and now I feel like, oh, its not such a big deal...? I'm confused.
Old 07-02-2007, 06:21 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Life is Grand

Hi Sugar..I am glad you are here, there is a lot of recovery here, your for the taking!! I look forward to your posts.

Cathy
Old 07-02-2007, 06:29 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

You're gonna freak out at how much you and other people love you sober!!!

It's hard and I remember it well.....bout ayear ago...but I look back now and realize that I have lived more in the past year than I have in the 5 before that!!
Old 07-02-2007, 06:36 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Welcome to our recovery family, sugar. So glad you are with us. I hope you keep posting.