Notices

Bottoms Part 2

Old 06-30-2007, 09:49 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Mark B. - Teetotaler |R|

Originally Posted by stone View Post
Actually, I drank last night but just didnt get drunk.
I can only speak for myself so all I can suggest is to be careful. The very first drink I had when I got out of rehab back in the summer of 2003 I justified like that: "Oh, I only had one drink but I didn't get drunk." And little did I realize at the time that First Drink was the beginning of that road to ruin for myself in which, at the end of it, I nearly ended up dead. Alcoholics are always the last to know.

That's how it starts. Soon your disease will convince you that if one didn't hurt then two will be okay. And soon you find yourself backsliding and losing yourself into that stinky glass prison.

If you're not an Alcoholic then a drink would be okay. But you're posting here so that tells us that you're not okay. And I really want you to be Sober for the sake of your own life. Only you knows where that drink truly leads.

And you never need to drink Just For Today. Don't worry about tomorrow but think about what you have Today. Then ask yourself if that drink will make things better Today. I guarantee you that there are numerous things you can do Today and that choice is yours.

I suggest going to a meeting, calling your sponsor or even posting here. You can even PM me if you need a little ESH. For we don't do that for the sake of convincing others. We do this to stay Sober ourselves. Reach out for anything but that drink Just For Today.

I'll pray for you to find that Guidance. You certainly won't find it at the bottom of your cups.

Yours in Recovery, Mark B.
Old 06-30-2007, 10:14 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Thanks Mark, your words mean a lot to me but I am already drinking today.

The most sober time I have is 24 days and that was very recently, then I drank for 3 days and then stayed sober for nearly a week then I drank again last night and the night before-and today.

I was going to keep quiet about it but I post here a lot and if I am not honest I couldnt keep posting without feeling like a fraud.

When I said I didnt get drunk, I drank enough to get drunk but it just didnt affect me-a tolerance thing I guess. At least it isnt turning me into Mr Hyde like it usually does.

I started going to AA at the start of my 24 days sober and I will start again-when-is the question.

'gypsy tears - Go to bed and shut your trap... '
I love ya hunni!
Old 06-30-2007, 12:13 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Well here I am again. Eating Indian food again, started with mixed kebab, which is onion bhaji, samosa and shami kebab.
Had chicken chili masala again, I think they must be under new management cos the food has just gone out of this world!

Anyway, I am drinking a bit but not gone weird, wont be posting much until I stop but wanted to say hi.

Karim and Rowan, you guys have a good flirt here ok? It will cheer me up!
Old 06-30-2007, 12:20 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Cheer me up Stone and put down the drink. Do continue with the Indian take-away tho... sounds fantastic.
Old 06-30-2007, 12:22 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Gypsy, I cant stop half way through the day. I can wake up and not drink from that point. Cant promise but that is the plan.
Old 06-30-2007, 12:42 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'd probably normally make a joke, but I'm just too tired.

I know it's impossible to stop once started for the day, but when you get up tomorrow, give it a red hot go Stone.

I haven't got a magic wand or words of wisdon, I just *know* it doesn't have to be like this, mate.

D
Old 06-30-2007, 12:57 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
believer

hey Dee why you so tired lately?..are you messing with one of those blond Aussie bombshells.?....lol
Old 06-30-2007, 01:02 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Administrator

I wish ooohhhh I wish....
LOL. no, just working hard kari...

D
Old 06-30-2007, 01:06 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  
believer

independence rocks...the more you make some money..the more they will come out of the beaches to want to know who you are...hahaha...lol..they might not even have time to change clothes...lol
Old 06-30-2007, 01:11 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Karim-cold shower now!!!
Old 06-30-2007, 01:14 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
believer

haha..what if i lived in a dorm? yes,..i have a friend of mine who's roommate is a spanish 28 year old girl...he's 19...
Old 06-30-2007, 01:26 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Mark B. - Teetotaler |R|

Well here I am again. Eating Indian food again, started with mixed kebab, which is onion bhaji, samosa and shami kebab.
Had chicken chili masala again, I think they must be under new management cos the food has just gone out of this world!
All of that sounds yummy. I've never had Indian food before so one of these days in my Sober life I'll have to find a good restaurant. Either that or I can always break down and buy the ingredients and cook my own.

Anyway, I am drinking a bit but not gone weird, wont be posting much until I stop but wanted to say hi.
Remember that you can always wake up tomorrow and make a fresh start on your New Day. Even the best of us makes mistakes. It always takes the better person who can humble themselves into not just admitting that but following trough to ensure those mistakes don't happen again.

Not many of us have another Recovery in us. So consider yourself blessed. You have another chance at hand and a whole lot of support out there rooting for you. We're all in your corner and whatever happens happens.

Now, if I ever get to the UK I'll make sure to find you so that we can score some vittles.

Yours in Recovery, Mark B.
Old 06-30-2007, 01:27 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Calm down dood, your hormones are going rampant! lol! Like the older woman huh?

Thats fine as long as you know Rowan is off limits
Old 06-30-2007, 01:31 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
believer

lol..my dog just pissed the entrance when i referred to him i was going to take him for a walk...ah...i love life..still..

my friend doesn't dig the chic..lol..he's african..he's always complaining of her lack of booty..
Old 06-30-2007, 01:31 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Thanks Mark, if you ever get to the UK I would love to hook up with ya.
BTW we dont all live in London even tho you guys assume we do!
Old 06-30-2007, 01:50 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
believer

sorry...i should have known that accent wasn't from London....
Old 06-30-2007, 02:01 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

How ya doin Karim mate, still studying? I have a degree in psychology and one in know-it-all-ogy BTW
Old 06-30-2007, 02:05 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
believer

you do...for real?...i have a bunch of exams...psychology is amazing..i had a class once..i was marveled with the knowledge of the freud phases....
Old 06-30-2007, 02:09 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Yup, degree in psychology-I got it by revising for 2 weeks a year to pass the exams. I only got a 2.2 compared to a 1 or a 3 but hell I dint even deserve that. I just partied, well me and my girlfriend did, she used to wake up and do her work, I stayed in bed because I was SO clever! haha. In a way I was clever cos I could pass exams easy but 2.2 hmmm.

If I could have coasted and got a first then I woulda been clever!
Old 06-30-2007, 02:16 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
believer

wow..you're smart dude...i only learned last year...that i was actually intelligent...i am glad you have a degree...education is evolution...you can work psychology on yourself...it's an amazing degree....