SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Thanks for everything-and goodbye (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/127227-thanks-everything-goodbye.html)

Jules62 06-28-2007 01:11 AM

Thanks for everything-and goodbye

I just can't stay here.

I haven't even relapsed since the last time.(amazingly)

You are great people-but I find myself more and more cynical each day.

I'm an alcoholic-I freely admit it.I struggle every day-but that isn't all I am-and being here just seems to be so much about that being the only identifier.

Perhaps that works for some-and ok-but not me.

Everyone who has reached out to me in kindness-thank you-especially Rowan and Dee and the antipodean crew-steph and angie....

I wish you all well.This just isn't for me.

I just can't stay-but it felt rude to just disappear without saying goodbye.

No ill will-just have to move on in my own way.

Love to you all,

Rose/Jules xox

CarolD 06-28-2007 01:21 AM

Take good care of yourself Rose..
come back if you change your mind.

Blessings

Dee74 06-28-2007 01:26 AM

this place will be the poorer without you, and I mean that.
love ya Rosie...
D

karrotop 06-28-2007 01:52 AM

you'll be missed!

sorry to hear you are leaving us,Rose......yes, alchohol is what brings us all here,but what KEEPS us here is the understanding and support of others who have been in our shoes....and to help others who might be struggling along the way...and I am sorry to see you go......If you ever change your mind.....we will be here.....getting healthier and stronger in our own lives....good luck!KT

Pilgrim 06-28-2007 02:08 AM

Hi Rose.

I am so sorry to see you leave.

We all have lives that we lead that do not revolve around drinking or not drinking but this site is where we come for support with our drinking problem so yea- I guess that tends to be the subject matter.

I will miss you.

xx

Lizrox 06-28-2007 03:12 AM

Best of luck to you on your path to recovery...

Rowan 06-28-2007 03:22 AM

Cease fighting, Jules. I hope you change your mind. ((((((PJ)))))))

Lynn xoxoxoxo

indigo 06-28-2007 03:46 AM

Sorry to see that you are leaving, take care.
indigo

stone 06-28-2007 06:21 AM

Hi Rose-too good for us eh, ya snob?! ;)

parentrecovers 06-28-2007 06:36 AM

i'll miss you, rose. take care of yourself, k

Anna 06-28-2007 06:37 AM

I hope you find the peace you are looking for Jules.

GlassPrisoner 06-28-2007 07:16 AM

Good luck. If you change your mind, you know we'll be here.

hope3 06-28-2007 07:16 AM

Dear Rose, thank you for saying goodbye, so many

just leave, and leave us wondering what happened to

them. I wish you well and I hope you always navigate

your way to sobriety and happiness...If you stop by

occassionally and say hi that would be nice, if not well, I will understand.

Best of wishes, hope3

Alive 06-28-2007 09:12 AM

i won't forget you...and the door is always opened..i'm here...on a side of a computer thinking of you..and knowing you'll never walk alone, Hp is out there!

Grateful Heart 06-28-2007 09:13 AM

So long Rose

I won't say good-bye because that sounds too final. I hope and pray all goes well for you. I'm going to miss your posts. :(

Jersey Nonny 06-28-2007 11:09 AM

It's kinda like you're saying, "Thanks, but no thanks." That SR was helpful to you for a couple of months, and you even contributed over 200 messages of your own experience, strength, and hope to others. But, now you've chosen to

move on
...sorry to hear that, because I'm sure you still have a lot to give to those with less time in recovery.

At least it was courteous of you to let us know your intentions...I always hated being "dropped like a hot potato". Remember, just as the doors of AA are always open, so are the pages of SR always open.

Astro 06-28-2007 11:51 AM

Sorry that you're leaving Jules, I hope you return. This is a we program, and we'll always welcome you back.

angie9 06-28-2007 12:55 PM

hey Rose im gonna miss ya too you know. tis funny as this site is a godsend for me but the thought of going to a AA meeting just dosent do it for me here I can write down my fears my failings in the comfort of my own home.
You look after yourself ok we will all be thinking of you you wishing you well and guess what you have proved that you are stronger than this addicition I hope you are proud of yourself as I and everyone here is of you.
takecare Ang

Aysha 06-28-2007 01:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Awww Rose...I am going to miss you.
Well I wish you luck.
And you know we are always here for you.
Much love and respect mommita...More rosey hugs for you.

IO Storm 06-28-2007 01:59 PM

The door of love and welcome is always open....

Always.

Love,

IO