Originally Posted by CarolD View Post

When I was drinking
I had no computer.
Did you Vic?

To go with your whine...
Edam or Brie?

Hugs
I sold my computer for 5 8-balls of crack

Grateful it isn't anything that serious and as far as the Edam or Brie I have to google to see what that mean
Old 06-27-2007, 12:59 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Ok..My comaplaint for the day....I have no smokes and no money until tomorrow.
Kinda sux..But not as bad as I thought.
Old 06-27-2007, 01:03 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
believer

people i ordered one..it's free...but i think my mailing address i gave them, is wrong...lol

http://acomplaintfreeworld.org/bracelets/

you know something...i have been born again....i can't complain anymore...because these days i realized my own personal power of change, so how can i complain when i can move myself out of this chair if its killing my but with all that assmosis?
Old 06-27-2007, 01:03 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by chiynita View Post
Ok..My comaplaint for the day....I have no smokes and no money until tomorrow.
Kinda sux..But not as bad as I thought.
Well you could go to a meeting and I am sure someone would give you cigs and maybe a little cash until tomorrow. I know that I give quite a bit of money and cigs when people need them. I know how it feels...Uuuggghhhhhh

Old 06-27-2007, 01:04 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

The address don't work Karimpatim
Old 06-27-2007, 01:04 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

My boss just gave me heads up that there's a lay-off coming. I'm contract, so I'll be the first to go......and, my car broke down last week.

Glad there's a meeting tonight. I'm calling my sponsor pronto......
Old 06-27-2007, 01:05 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by GlassPrisoner View Post
My boss just gave me heads up that there's a lay-off coming. I'm contract, so I'll be the first to go......and, my car broke down last week.

Glad there's a meeting tonight. I'm calling my sponsor pronto......

Yep that is what I did last night and OMG does it ever help...then of course looking at my part is the most rewarding.
Old 06-27-2007, 01:10 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
believer

it's working for me..i don't know..maybe it's because i have an advanced model..

well if you guys want to you can google; a complaint free world..and it's the first link..

http://www.google.pt/search?q=a+comp...ient=firefox-a

let's try the other one again:

http://acomplaintfreeworld.org/bracelets/

take care...stay strong
Old 06-27-2007, 03:17 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

See..I complained but said it wasnt that bad.
Got me some smokes and money not long after.
Thx for family. Didnt even have to ask.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:20 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by chiynita View Post
See..I complained but said it wasnt that bad.
Got me some smokes and money not long after.
Thx for family. Didnt even have to ask.
I would have brought you some! Might have taken a few hours though. Anyways yes it is OK to complain, I mean we are human right! And even with all the stuff that has happened over the last few days with my space. I am so excited that I learned to copy and paste the codes onto a notebook and then transfer that over to my flash drive and then if anything happens to my computer I will have everything on it already.

Damn my mind must finally be starting to work again the way it used too, but still have a long ways to go for this silly guy.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:19 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
IO Storm

I'll take some muenster...and some sourdough bread...

and some of Karim's onion tea from my Where's IO thread.....

I just wanted to share..don't know nuthin about PC's!

Ha

Love,

IO
Old 06-28-2007, 04:51 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by IO Storm View Post

I just wanted to share..don't know nuthin about PC's!

Ha

Love,

IO
I don't either but it sure is fun learning. Anyways I really don't have too much to complain about today but I heard through the grapevine that Pat might Anyways I am glad that things pass in time.
Old 06-28-2007, 05:00 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

the grapevines correct... reformat'n vista the second time... cant get sound driver... without sound... no YOUTUBE! arg... back to my Ubuntu for the time being... TG

Whiners Anonymous, or W.A.

Wah! Wah! Wah!

Whiners Anonymous Help (WAH!)
Do you whine, complain, or snivel? Are you a grumpy old fart?
Do you seek out others in taverns or internet chat rooms to whine about things?
Do people ever tell you to "like it or lump it"?
Are you asked, "What are you crying about?"
Do friends or family seem less likely to talk to you as the years go by?
Do you constantly tell other people they whine too much?

If you do any of these things, you may be in need of the WAH! 12 step program.
Whining is for tiny tots! Do you want to die a lonely old man/woman and whine about the prospect?
Stop whining now!

The WAH! 12 Step Program:

1. Admit you whine.

Just say, "I am a whiner."

2. Admit your whining is a problem.

It's not enough to know you whine--you have to realize it interferes with your life. Tell yourself, your spouse, and a friend that you have a problem with whining, that all you have ever done is whine. But don't whine to God! He already knows, all too well. God just sat back while you whined away the years. It's not His fault, after all, so don't go whining to Him with your problem.

3. Seek help to cure your whining.

Whining is but one of your many shortcomings, since you are a miserable excuse for a human being. Another shortcoming is you can't do anything for yourself, otherwise you would not whine. Go whine to somebody to help you--that's all you know how to do, remember?

4. Laugh at your whine.

Made a decision to turn your constant whining over to your sense of humor and learn to "lovingly and wholeheartedly" laugh at yourself each time you whine. Be prepared to be given the nickname "Loony Tunes," however.

5. Step out of your shoes.

Put your whine in perspective. There's a woman in Africa living in a mud hut with a grass roof and NO indoor plumbing. She lives off of $27 a year. She is totally blind and collects sticks for firewood, hoping the next stick isn't a snake. Now, what was your whine again?

6. Eat something nasty.

Eat some vegetable you hate without whining about the taste. And don't hold your nose or cover it with cheese!

7. Listen to other whiners.

Get a part job in a complaint department and listen to other peoples' whines 8 hours a day. But don't complain about your job! If you do, go back to step 3. Go a whole week listening to your wife/husband complain and just say "yes dear." If you can't, go back to step 2. Have kids and listen to them whine--that's how you sound to others. Pay back time! What goes around, comes around!

8. Make a victim list.

Make of list of all persons you thought you had harmed and hope to hell that they'd forgotten all the minuscule crap you'd blown out of proportion. Ask them if you ever whined, and then be prepared to take the return whine.

9. Beat the crap out of your parents.

After all, they raised a whiner. Yes, you started early, but it is not your fault!

10. Beware of falling off the wagon.

Resign yourself to the fact you are going to whine each time you try to stick to your guns when you know you are right. Once a whiner, always a whiner, they say. So either just admit your are wrong or go back to step 1. Cripes, you mean you really want to go back to step 1 after getting to step 10?

11. Whine to your dog.

They love you no matter how much you whine. It's called unconditional love. Unless of course they sense your foul mood. Disguise your whine by mixing the words "good dog" in every sentence. They only know so many words--those two they know. Otherwise, your dog would hate you like all the people you know.

12. Help others.

Help some other whiney-assed ******* with his whine problem. You get to whine about their whining. It's great...................................

keep whine'n...

xxoo, zip
Old 06-28-2007, 05:53 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by Rusty Zipper View Post
the grapevines correct... reformat'n vista the second time... cant get sound driver... without sound... no YOUTUBE! arg... back to my Ubuntu for the time being... TG

keep whine'n...

xxoo, zip

I programed in Windows Vista Business Pat and it was terrible. I love the Program but nothing worked really, no printer driver for it, and a lot of pop ups asking permission. I had to reformat back to Windows SP2 yep it sucks.

I think others here also went back. Until they get the glitches out here is to Windows Vista

WINDOWS VISTA :uzi2: WHINERS ANONYMOUS
Old 06-28-2007, 09:14 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
believer

i knew nothing bout computers, but let me tell you machintosh rocks!!!!!!!
Old 06-28-2007, 02:46 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Whiner's Anonymous???

Ha ha ha...

I know a few folks that should study...

I think I am blessed with the Looney Tunes attitude to

whine too much!

Grateful for that...but...if any of you ever catch me whining...

You have pop up permission to kick my whiney a--!!!!!!

In love,

IO
Old 06-28-2007, 06:26 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

The, The, The, The, Thats all Folks...

all of vista...

step-1 addmitted i am powerless over vista business (same as you vic). and my life could become unmanagable...

my whine, i couldnt get the XP to reformat... a three disk job...

and Then!!!... i tried using my bootleg version(character flaw)... (honestly didnt know... got it from the Jack Ass's friend)...

microsoft intercepted it... no programs, just the ugly blue interface... who designed that?

Wa! Wa! Wa!

and SS, gunna hold you to that statement...

Viv'a W.A...

who would like to chair?
Old 06-28-2007, 06:50 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Mark B. - Teetotaler |R|

Originally Posted by Chance View Post
I went to my meeting and then went to check messages on my new space and I went to add something but the funny thing about the thing is that is showed that I was logged in and I wasn't ...it wouldn't let me do anything. So I rebooted my computer and went back on and I was still logged on. Finally I got to where I could do the add, I checked the preview and it looked good and then I hit the changes. Went to check out Profile :uzi2: Background, everything on the right was gone..everything but the codes were all still there. The friends were there and comments but that is it GGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Hello Chance.

I'm not too impressed with MySpace. I do have an account registered there but I find it to bee too much of a spam haven. Not to mention a lot of the tricked out MySpace profiles are not pleasing to these eyes.

What I plan on doing is scrapping my homepage and starting from scratch. To me it reflects my early Recovery but not my current Recovery. Besides I'm more comfortable coding with a good HTML editor than something proprietary and bug-ridden like MySpace.

Don't get me wrong. I'm an avid computer hobbyist with loads of experience under my belt. I've literally had the best seat in the house watching the evolution of the personal computer and participating in that evolution as well. So it should come as no surprise for me to state that Vista should be avoided at all costs.

If one wants decent multimedia one can find a good Ubuntu Linux setup or, if need be, an XP-Pro setup and go from there. A lot of the players and editors I use for my various multimedia projects tend to be much more behaved and functional under XP-Pro than Vista. To me, Vista just consumes far too many resources. And I think it would stress my Recovery more than going with what already worked well to begin with.

My other suggestions are obvious: Run Firefox instead of IE. Use Thunderbird (the mail client) instead of Outlook Express (or, if you want to replace both the mail and web clients and gain an HTML editor and more, check out Seamonkey). I'm never going to shell out another dime to the Gates of peril regarding shoddy technology.

Oh well. That's my technology rant. I'm just so lucky for my HP that I was able to find a factory new desktop system for myself that didn't have Vista installed for not just myself but also for my mother who's doing the Pampered Chef thing. And both the systems are running great beyond all expectations. And I have mine dual-booting with Ubuntu Linux as well should I feel the need to migrate further.

Anyhow, I'm calling it a night. I'll knock my knees for you all before I hit the sack.

Yours in Recovery, Mark B.
Old 06-28-2007, 07:15 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

right on rant man...
Old 06-28-2007, 08:23 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
IO Storm

That share was good, Mark.

Try different approaches...
Attached Images
File Type: gif
Pink_Panther_3.gif (25.1 KB, 4 views)