SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   I need your company (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/126794-i-need-your-company.html)

Pilgrim 06-22-2007 02:12 PM

I need your company

I am starting to have that dreadful completely alone feeling.

It's a huge trigger for me.

What happens is that I can't see the future at all and my mind goes into survival mode like a baby and I panic that no one is here.

I have had my children with me for a whole month and they are leaving today and I just severed my last ties with my xab/f at work.

I have had a huge week that was really badly stressful.

I feel like I have no one in the world.

I am not doing well at all today and I don't want to drink. Please stay close.

Anna 06-22-2007 02:15 PM

Hi Pilgrim,

You are definitely not alone.

It sounds like you're going through a tough time right now, so stick around. We're all here to support you.

Aducksdelight 06-22-2007 02:16 PM

Hi Pilgrim,
I am glad you came on and posted about your feelings and that you are open and honest. We are here for you!

BaldHeadedJohn 06-22-2007 02:37 PM

I sometimes get that way too. I'm divorced, but have a good relationship with my kids and ex. I live by myself, with no real friends outside of work. I only have 2 days sober now, no expert by any means, but I mkaing a commitment to myself to start getting back into some old hobbies I've given up, and to start using those phone numbers I get at meetings.

If you can, just get out of the house and take a walk or something. If you get outside of your own thinking, it may help. I know I'm my own worst enemy at times.

Take care

BHJ

Alive 06-22-2007 02:45 PM

stay strong..what you have won is so much more powerful than you might be able to see on a hard day..but as soon as the dust fades you will be proud of being strong...
you're worth every second sober..

stay strong Steph

PurpleReign 06-22-2007 02:53 PM

At your service Pilgrim...

PR

Pilgrim 06-22-2007 03:01 PM

Thanks so much. I am not after advice or anything on this thread. Just companionship. And I would like to think that there might be others here who wouldn't mind grabbing a cup of tea and having a chat too.

Maybe we could talk about the weather today where we are living? Today is lovely here in Wellington NZ. We were supposed to have blizzards but it is calm and sunny and warmer. Yesterday we had a wind chill factor of minus 5!!!!

Anna 06-22-2007 03:23 PM

Hi Pilgrim,

You are getting into winter weather, aren't you! During our winters, it gets really cold here too. We usually get windchills as high as -37deg C! But, it's beautiful and warm here now.

Alive 06-22-2007 03:26 PM

it's 11.24, i think stone is at the same clock time....so Steph what time is it there...?
what are you guys gonna do for the weekend?..

nogard 06-22-2007 03:28 PM

Hey Steph,

How can you be alone I am next door ((((((((((Steph)))))))) hang in there "this too shall pass"

Kevin

Aysha 06-22-2007 03:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Pilgrim..I couldnt wait till my cousin came and got his kids today. LOL..
But I can imagine how you are feeling.
But you know we are only a click away.
Maybe not the same..but we are always here for you. SO you are never alone.

Dee74 06-22-2007 03:35 PM

hi steph !
:wave:

D

nogard 06-22-2007 03:41 PM

hey steph, come and pick up all this love and company :)

Jules62 06-22-2007 04:12 PM

Hey Steph!

I'm in and out today-but I'll keep checking back here to see how you're doing.Just know that I'm thinking of you and praying that you'll find some comfort amongst the lonliness you've been feeling.We are all here for you and care very much.

*big hugs* sweetie.You'll get through this,

Love,

Rose xox

CarolD 06-22-2007 05:05 PM

Hugs Steph

:funjump:

PurpleReign 06-22-2007 05:10 PM

Pilgrim,
Get your rear-end back here and talk to us please...

PR

IO Storm 06-22-2007 05:40 PM

Steph...

Here is something Chance taught me the other day...I was

depressed.

It's OK to feel depressed..lonely...you can insert any feeling

I suppose...

Accept I am depressed..(feeling lonely)

It's OK..it's how you feel.

We can "feel" emotions today.

Then just let it go.

That helped me a whole lot.

It took the pressure off of trying to feel diferent..and when I

realized that..I felt better.

And I thought I knew it all..

:andy:

Love,

IO

PurpleReign 06-22-2007 06:20 PM

Pilgrim,
You know better, now get your a$$ back here...please.

PR

Pilgrim 06-22-2007 07:53 PM

I'm here. I went to sleep for a while. Sometimes all these feelings make me feel so tired. I was a bit sick as well.

Thanks so much for all that love and kindness. Kev - when you gonna pop over for a weekend in Wellington. We can do the meeting rounds and eat lots.

Anna - brrrr. That's the sort of weather when your nose falls off isn't it?? We had the shortest day yesterday. Thunder, lightning etc. Today is lovely and calm but cold. It doesn't matter tho cos I am not getting out of bed today. It's all too hard. I keep crying and then sleeping.

Surlyredhead 06-22-2007 07:58 PM

((((((Pilgrim))))

It will get better, I promise, just don't give into those demons.

Cathy