Notices

I need your company

Old 06-23-2007, 02:19 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Administrator

glittery. Yeah I like that too.
looks like you have company tonight after all, Steph - glad for ya.

take care
D
Old 06-23-2007, 02:23 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Good morning Dee!!!

When I was drinking, and living my my a b/f we never had guests. My children just stopped bringing freinds over to stay. I always wanted a home full of children coming and going, looking in the fridge and shouting "Hi Mrs G". A b/f wasn't keen on my children.

Mine leave today definitely so company will still be nice today. I am planning on going to two meetings today - one at the hospital detox.

The weather here is cold but lovely again.

What are your plans today guys?
Old 06-23-2007, 03:00 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey Steph
not much for me..been working hard all week so a day catching up on all the TV programmes I've missed, mixed in with a bit of guitar, and a walk down the shops....

take care Mrs G.

D
Old 06-23-2007, 03:06 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Determined

hey Pilgrim,

I LOVE lasagne too especially homemade lasagne with chips and salad....
mmmm I'm hungry!!!!

But its 23.05 here and I'm typing instead of drinking (that has to be good eh?)

Hope you all enjoy what is left of weekend
Big Hugs

CW
Old 06-23-2007, 03:08 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Life is Grand

Hello Pilgrim, the weather in Detroit is as close to perfect as it gets, Sunny, 80 degrees and low humidity. I planted my flowers a few weeks ago, they are just starting to fill in, so today I worked in the yard, weeding, watering, a little painting. Here is a picture, in a month or two the flowers will be so big you would swear they were bushes!!! I will post another picture in July when my Day Lillis are blooming, hundreds of bright orange flowers!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image0003.jpg (88.0 KB, 35 views)
Old 06-23-2007, 03:50 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

^Ohhhhh-your place is so pretty! I especially love all the hanging flowers-just beautiful!

Hey Steph! I don't have a lot planned today either.I'll take my dog to the park though(might have to do that soon-looks like it might rain later) and I need to vacuum the house(my vacuum cleaner blew up on me recently-had to buy another one).My dog sheds fur like it's going out of style-I swept up enough fur the other day to make another dog-LOL.

Seeing surlyredhead's photo makes me want to go get some more flowers for my pots on the deck so I might take off to the garden center later too.

I hope your day goes well!

Rose xox
Old 06-23-2007, 05:13 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Administrator

I love your place too Surley !

D
Old 06-23-2007, 05:20 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Hi steph !

The weather here in NJ is summer . Nice and sunny.. perfect for going to the pool or beach. Or just waslking around town. Not humid today as the past few. Lovely.

Sorry to hear your children are leaving... must be hard. Mine never leave so so though I may dream they'd go away for a bit... I know I'd never handle it well.

Steph I know you said no advice so I won't give any. I will say that I've had a bad week as well and I'm so drained. Not going to drink bad...but very emotionally bad for me. My week sucked big time. I'm thanking God the week is over and maybe tomorrow will be better for you and me.
Old 06-23-2007, 09:47 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Hi again

Thanks for the picture Surley. How lovely to see sunshine and flowers. Today was nice again. Less cold and a beautiful blue sky. I didn't get outsede much tho. Still a nasty cold wind. I have some fresias to plant in my pots but that can wait until August.

((((((Gypsy)))))). Sorry you are having a rough patch.

My children left this afternoon. About two hours ago. I had the big house empty and quiet downs. I put on some music and felt worse. I wanted sooooo badly to go and get a bottle of wine and blot out the rest of the day. After all, no one would know and I didn't have to be "good" for the sake of the children.

I rang my sponsor!!!! First time. I texted her and said I was in a bit of trouble. She sent me her home phone number and asked me to ring her. I thought I might not but then I just did. I don't even know myself anymore. Steph would never have done that!!!! I have a meeting at 7. BB study. My favourite. I think I might get another day under my belt. To get through that is a complete wonder. I am shaking my head in wonder and feel..... ok!!! Hehe.
Old 06-23-2007, 09:59 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm not surprised at all, Steph

D
Old 06-23-2007, 10:27 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Hi Steph, we still arent talking cos of my mean, horrible drunk outburst. Sending you HUGE hugs tho. (((((steph))))).
Old 06-24-2007, 08:11 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Hi Garfield .

Weather report:warm sunny low humidity. I went for my walk this morning, took a short bike ride with one of my sons and an even shorter one with my youngest son. My daughters slept at a friends house so it was relatively quiet.
Old 06-24-2007, 08:52 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Im here. Count me in. U have lots of company now, ha. Lots of good folks here for u.

Introvrtd1
Old 06-25-2007, 01:00 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Hi guys.

Still alone and at home.

I was supposed to go out to my son's play at school but I am home in bed with a horrible cold. My throat and head hurt.

I had a weird day. I wrote about it on the F&F Forum. It was very cool and I haven't felt like a drink once all day.
Old 06-25-2007, 01:21 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

I have decided to post what happened here instead. Im not quite sure why.

My xabf was at work. Like nothing happened. I looked at him and told him that this was embarrasing and he needed to go home.

He asked about AA. I told him that he could go to 90 meetings in 90 days and to keep an open mind. No other requirement. I didn't relate it to the job but I told him that if he wasn't willing to try it, he should go straight home.

He said he would and he came to a meeting with me and sat and listened. Shaking.

Then he was asked to share and I expected him to say nothing. Instead, he cried and in the six years I have known him, I have never heard him talk like that or say anything so honest. He talked about losing his way and the danger he was in of losing everything. He asked for help to find a different way to live. Afterwards, the chaps all gathered around him and asked him to keep coming back. They gave him their phone numbers and told him he didn't have to go through this alone. These tough guys even gave him a hug.

He spent the rest of the day reading the BB and he really read it.

I went for a hot lemon drink after work in the cafe. He would usually ask for a beer. Instead, he looked really uncomforatble and said he didn't know what he wanted to do.

I had prayed so hard. I had prayed and cried and asked for a sign about what I should do. I can tell you absolutely that prayer works. This guy is staunch personfied. I was convinced there was absolutely no hope for him.

I am not a God person. I really don't know what I pray to. Everytime I am in desperation, I get an answer and, I am so embarrassed to tell anyone this...each time, a mouse comes on the scene. I don't know where they come from. I never saw one in my house until the night I tried to kill myself. Now, everytime I am in desperation, there is a mouse.

Ok. I know most of you are going to think I should just get an exterminator but it has happened four times now.

I am either going nuts or God is now in my life and communicating to me through things that are happening. I don't know why that embarasses me but it sort of does.
Old 06-25-2007, 01:21 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

I guess we are supposed to keep our little miracles to ourselves. That's ok. It is kinda personal all this.
Old 06-25-2007, 01:41 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
cmc

I'm glad you shared your little miracles....which is really an oxymoron. In my book they are all the same. I'll share one with you... I had one section of my yard that was all set to be planted with a preplanned color scheme. This was during the time my husband was severely disabled. He didn't walk or drive for over two years. I had alot of stress from all the family addiction issues, plus all the possibilities that you can imagine with having the main bread winner disabled and getting worse. I had three grown kids living with me plus one of their friends.
Okay....all this makes this miracle seem even smaller- but it's very personal like your mice. I had neglected the garden and birds or whatever other animals in my yard- seeded the whole area with violet colored flowers! They lasted in that spot for over a year! (it's like that here in FL) When I told somebody that story I said that God had planted my garden but chose a color I hadn't planned on...well... the person I was talking with reminded me that purple is the color of passion. I lost it right there...just crying over a bunch of bushes. They are still in my yard and I never forget how they got there in the first place.
Old 06-25-2007, 01:43 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Hey Steph,

I logged off early last night and completely missed this.I'm so glad you shared it.What a powerful experience for you and it brings home to me that there really IS hope-for anyone. I do believe in God-but I have no idea who he really is-other than a loving presence and that's enough for me.I do think that we are sometimes given signs though-like the mouse in your story here-or the feather someone posted about recently that appeared when they wanted to know if an angel was looking out for them.

It could all be coincidence-but I choose to believe it isn't.I don't think you're nuts at all.Anyway-I'm really glad you shared this with us.It touched me and was something I needed to hear this morning.Thank you.

Love,

Rose xox
Old 06-25-2007, 02:12 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don't think you're nuts at all Steph - I was battling the Technology Fairy last night

D
Old 06-25-2007, 03:33 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
believer

i think i have posted this before...but i too made a little miracle out of an event..i once met a guy who slept on the street in Christmas week..he was walking fast.all clothes torn apart, his shoes were opened..he had these amazing blue, deep eyes..like an angel..he stopped and started to pet my dog, with such a tenderness...he looked up and i was smiling to him and he opened his mouth and his mouth smiled with his eyes..you know..he walked away...i looked to my dog and when i lift my head i didn't see him...i always call him the angel of christmas...it sounds weird..but from all the people in the street he stopped and pet my dog and looked at me..i'll never forget that...everybody else didn't want to be around him...i looked at him and he smiled...
i've had other amazing signs...one night i dreamt with some friends i hadn't seen in years..i dreamt that i found them on the street and that they would tell me how well they are doing in life and i'd realize how little i had accomplish...i sware to God...i mean...what are the odds?..5 years without seeing them anywhere...and in the morning of the dream i go to a mall...and i am walking and a guy is looking at me...and it's one of them...i didn't recognize him right away..it was when i looked back i saw he was looking back and i saw it was the guy on the dream...5 years without thinking about them..wow...talk about deja vu!

i've had so many little stories...wow..i can't remember most of them...i had more events like that when i prayed a lot...when i asked there was always a great form that God had to enlighten me...

the biggest miracle, tough, is with my bro..every doctor said it was impossible, we prayed our best...it's all ok now...he is graduating soon at 24 and that aint late at all.he has an amazing life...i've also found out the only reason for all my troubles and my bro's troubles is the crazy environment in my household..that's why i want to leave soon..

take care y'all!

ps: wait i forgot about me, sorry steph, when i was born the doctor said i was a miracle...because i was born with a knot on my umbilical cord...i hadn't eaten for one or two months..it's funny the doctor said my name should be messiah...lollol..i guess i was a little miracle..after all i was supposed to be here, that's why i can't give up now, if a baby had the need to live, then there's a life for me in this land....