Notices

Starting to question my faith

Old 06-20-2007, 12:05 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
cmc

Chiy,
God doesn't stop being Himself just because I question Him, the bible or even my own faith in Him. He's able to handle our questions. If you want to...just ask Him and see what happens. If I don't doubt or explore what I believe then I will never really know my God, my faith nor it's benefits. If I stay away from Him..He stays near to me, but I miss out on what He has for me because I refuse it. I've done that plenty of times and will surely do the same again during times of trouble or when I am not able to trust. It's ok and that's how I grow.
You got some great replies to your thread here.
Old 06-20-2007, 12:25 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

even when I think hes not listening I know eventually it will al be clear.
My theory is He is always listening. And, He always sends a reply. It's MY receiver that gets buggered up so I can't see/hear His response.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:05 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

for you chiy...

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-listened.html
Old 06-20-2007, 07:50 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Raised from the Dead

Lightbulb

great topic. i came into AA thinking all religious/spiritual people were ignorant. it took a while in the program before i began to believe i was the one who was ignorant and close-minded. i dont personally buy into organized religion. i will say this: a human did not put the stars in the sky. whatever did is a power greater than humankind. whatever power that was is what i am tapping into. the big book refers to it as higher power, God, or spirit of the universe.

i remember at 6 months sober going on a spiritual retreat. the retreat had a sweat lodge and my friend did something called fire watch. we had to keep a fire lit next to the sweat lodge from midnight-2am (its a native ritual of the Lokoda Tribe). since it was far away from the city lights we could see the thousands of the stars in the sky. i realized those stars were all galaxys and suns, and those visible were only 10% of the mass thats out there. the point is, the universe is massive beyond our wildest imaginations. we as single humanbeings on the planet earth are so trivial compared to the bigger picture.

please keep an open mind that something put this all together and it wasnt a human.