Notices

Still sober!

Old 06-17-2007, 12:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Still sober!

Hey all you great soberRecovery people!

I'm still sober and thought I would share some passages from my diary last week:

"The morning I quit, my body mutinied! My liver said: "Hey, I need some booze! You need some energy, but, I've been metabolizing alcohol for energy for so long, I don't know what the heck to do with food!"
My stomach was in on the mutiny. My stomach said: "Yeah, that's what I told liver, don't give me any food, please. I can't process it anymore. It's all burned out from the alcohol. The last time I saw a friendly bacteria was back in the 90's. Just give me a soda water, and, I'll try not to throw up..."

My hands joined in and said: "We'll stop shaking if you just give us a little drink."

Then my brain showed up. "Look, I REALLY need that stuff! I can make dopamines anymore. Alcohol does that job. I can't remember how to make endomorphs either. And your control center hasn't worked for years. It's hopeless. You may as well have that drink so we can all get on. And, I think I feel an ache coming on."

Well, I was outnumbered! Then, it got worse.

My subconscious mind showed up and joined in the mutiny. Except, I couldn't tell if she was really there or not. A sneaky lady, that one.

"Come on...you can handle it moderately today, right? Just buy a couple of beers. Maybe three. Four wouldn't be all that bad. That's nothing! Then, you'll be done with it!"

Well, I said: Everybody get back to work. I am going to think about this for a while and take a walk. A few hours later, they mutinied again! This time I said: I am going to think about this for a little while longer....and visit SoberRecovery. A few hours later, another mutiny. But this time I said: "too late ladies. The liquor store is closed. No booze for you today."
"WHAAAAAAAT! What about tomorrow?!" they all said.
I said: "I think I'm learning about ONE DAY AT A TIME. So, I'll have to decide that when tomorrow comes!"
Old 06-17-2007, 12:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That was good.

Where are you in Sweden? I used to work for a Swedish company over here in the states (Electrolux).
Old 06-17-2007, 12:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

loved your post and you described it so well as thats how I feel when my body bands together and trys to fool me. Its a crafty thing the old brain! will try and fool you when you least expect it!!
Ang
Old 06-17-2007, 01:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Carpe Diem

I loved your post! It is exactly how I felt during my detox from drugs, except I got the mutiny every few minutes. Thank you for posting this!

Jenny
Old 06-17-2007, 01:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yup, then the brain kicks in and says "Dude......something bad is gonna happen. Something Realllly baaadddd. I don't know exactly what it is, but it's gonna suck..."
Old 06-17-2007, 02:20 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

great post littlefish !
thanks !

D
Old 06-18-2007, 06:18 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
let it grow!

thanks for sharing, littlefish! k