Notices

My First Admittance

Old 06-13-2007, 06:00 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Well done for posting Bronco. Unfortunaterly it is neither strength nor my children that could keep me sober. I had to come to terms with the underlying reasons for my illness. I tried will poweer several times, cutting back, etc, but it was only when I found the rooms of NA and AA that I was able to stop.

I hope you find your path
Old 06-13-2007, 06:29 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
~ 5 ~

It's amazing how strong some people are. I don't feel I'm strong enough to beat this
I always thought i was a weak person, i never thought I could find that kind of strength either.
I wrote June 16, 2006 on a piece of paper...........that was almost a year ago, i found strength, i found it here i found it inside myself, i found it in the eyes of my children who are my biggest supporters, i found it in my husband, my family and my friends, it was there all along i just choose to keep thinkin i wasnt strong enough so i could keep drinking.
I went to AA and it wasnt for me however i bought the big book and i have been working the steps and almost a year later im on step 5, step 3 and 4 was life altering for me, things have only gotten better since then and now i choose life instead of alcohol.

And also Like you i am a bronco fan (which sometimes was a great excuse to drink...lol) and if I can get through a season of football without drinking anyone can.

I just want to add I have 2 older kids(16 & 10) that have alot of Mom being stupid drunk memories and i also have a 4yr old who wont ever have those memories and who wont ever remember Mom being a drunk, In fact she had her first t-ball softball game last night and it was so awesome and I wish sometimes i could go back and change the past but it is there and it helps me go forward everyday.
Good Luck and you will find your strength in you and all around you, it is there you just cant see it yet.
Old 06-13-2007, 06:29 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Welcome Bronco. SR is a great place for understaning, help and resources. Stay, read, learn and participate. SR has helped me greatly and attending both AA and NA meetings have been a Godsend. Maybe in time you will consider the meetings, in the meantime, stay here and seek the answers you need. Good Luck and God Bless.
Old 06-13-2007, 06:43 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Bronco,

I tried everything except AA. I'm also going to SOS meetings once a week. It's a bit awkward, never thought it was for me. But I'll do anything to remain sober. On day 16 here. As my moniker implies, I have been at this for some time.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Keep it up.
Old 06-13-2007, 07:50 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Wow, I never expected such great support on one post. You guys have already made my day, and it's not even noon yet!! Well, it's day 2 for me, and when I got up this morning, I gave my son a kiss on his forehead and told him that Daddy wasn't going to drink today. I know he's only 3 months old and has no idea what that means, but it felt great to let him know. I think I'll make that another one of my daily traditions. I have to say, I had a peace of mind this morning I haven't had in a long time. This place is going to be great for me. Thanks everyone for the support. I'll try and participate as much as I can.
Old 06-13-2007, 07:55 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Thanks for the story Krys. It was inspiring. Congrats on the T-ball game.
Old 06-13-2007, 08:15 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
No more merlot, more mamma

Me too

Hi!

Karen
Old 06-13-2007, 12:57 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Determined

Well done BF.

The first day is behind you and the 2nd is nearly over...way to go.....

What a great idea telling your son this morning if he could talk he'd tell ya he was really proud.

Keep up the good work and keep posting

hugs

CW
Old 06-14-2007, 10:37 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Alright everyone, I'm on day 3 and I'm feeling good. I gave my son a kiss, told him I wasn't going to drink today, and went to work. I'm home now and feeling well. I've been having some anxiety issues, but that's OK. I figure if I'm not drinking, they'll subside with time. As others know, I drank because I was anxious and the snowball started. I think this thread may need to be moved to the alcoholism section. Anyway, just wanted to let everyone know I'm making it another day. I feel good. I want to become more involved with this site. It's been great!
Old 06-14-2007, 10:42 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

HI BF - welcome to Day 3 - well done!
You're fine here in Newcomers if you like.
Please keep reading and posting.
Old 06-14-2007, 11:39 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Location: Fedup With This Vicious Cycle and Am Doing Something About It
Hi Bronc! So glad to hear that you are on your 3rd day and going strong! It keeps on getting better, I promise. Everyday I wake up from a night of NOT drinking, I have felt like a million bucks and I actually look forward to the day. Even though this is only my 10th day, it has made a huge impact on my life.... I am really excited for you to experience what I have been through in this short time.
Old 06-16-2007, 08:34 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Well, the internet was down yesterday, so I couldn't post. However, I am still holding strong. Today is my 5th day, and I'm feeling good. A bit grumpy, but I'm gonna keep with this sober thing. The inspiration I get from everyone makes me realize the grumpiness, anxiety and all that will subside without drinking. I like being constructive and not spending my whole day trying to get the booze out of my system, only to start it over again. I'm already feeling closer to my son and wife. Life is feeling a lot better. To anyone out there who thinks life is harder sober, I'm hear to tell you, life is much easier sober. It's just the staying sober part that is hard.
Old 06-16-2007, 08:48 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

hey broncosfan,
congrats on day 5.
i'm only a few days ahead of you.
you can do it. most important, make it a very high priority.
don't rationalize. don't figure out ways why it's ok.
don't even think about it. Just don't put the glass to your lips.
yep, you'll be grumpy. your body is purging.
it won't solve your life problems. but it will stop you from creating
new problems.
i got a dui when my son was 3 years old. dam!
your life is different now with a son. you can't go back to being
childless. just accept it.
and don't bother caring how it makes you look to others.
their misery loves your company.

best of luck!
Old 06-16-2007, 04:58 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Thanks Change and everyone else for their support. I just got done painting the garage (looking for things to keep my mind straight for a Saturday night) and came inside, and my wife is rocking my son to sleep in his room. It's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. I think being sober is turning me into a mush! I feel so great right now. I've almost made it through a weekend, which is my toughest time not to drink. It's gonna be great to not be hung over for my first Father's Day. I wish I could type on this site all night long, just to try and help everyone like everyone is supporting me. Well, tomorrow is gonna be Day 6. I can't wait!
Old 06-16-2007, 06:17 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

BF
came inside, and my wife is rocking my son to sleep in his room. It's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.
keep on the straight up, and there will be more beautilful and wonderful life things to behold...

all good wishes... xxoo, rz
Old 06-18-2007, 08:25 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
~ 5 ~

Just hoping you made it through the weekend....i know the first few can be hard.
Old 06-18-2007, 09:34 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

If you're reaching out, it means you have strength. Hope you casn find the help/support you need here. I know I have had some good people supporting me here for the past little while. It makes a difference.
Just keep searching out the support... and do your best to remember thie way you feel right now. Because it can motivate you to not want to go back there.