SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   feeling good for the first time in weeks (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/125645-feeling-good-first-time-weeks.html)

Change4life 06-09-2007 10:40 AM

feeling good for the first time in weeks

Today is the first day in weeks I didnt find myself with my head in the bowl in the morning. ive been pumping myself with vitamins for days and drinking a lot of v-8.
Yesterday I went to the store and spent every dime I had on fruit and veggies. Left myself with no cash so no $=no booze.
I found this amazing blueberry juice that is loaded with b vitamins so this morning instead of having a frozen daquiri loaded with rum I use the blender and blended the juice with some cut up strawberries and bananas with a small amount of the daquiri mix to sweeten it up a little.

Yesterday between the vitamins and the juice I was bouncing off the walls. I was way higher from that than any crack or coke could get me.
My new found juice i have named woohoo juice.

I actually went out last night for a few hours and met up with some friends at the track. Granted gambling is another slight addiction of mine and probably should be avoide, but atleast it isnt body invasive.

I am slowing down and trying not to worry.

Taking glassprisoners advice and keeping tclean. Hope fully things will start falling into place as I start to feel things will fall into place.

I just want to thank everyone that has been trying to help me SO Much!!!!!!!

Your support and advice has been really key in my not giving up.

I hope everyone is doing OK today.

Love and hugs to you all.

Beth

Anna 06-09-2007 10:46 AM

Beth, this is really good to hear. The thing is there are no short-cuts or secret answers. It just takes work and patience. Eating right, exercise, socializing, all those things help in keeping you moving forward.

I am so glad you're having a good day!

stone 06-09-2007 10:53 AM

Glad to hear it Beth!
:D

GlassPrisoner 06-09-2007 11:25 AM

Today is the first day in weeks I didnt find myself with my head in the bowl in the morning.
Thanks for reminding me what it was like. Yeah, I'd retch until I got that first drink in me. Usually, the first drink would come back up on me and I'd say to myself "well, got THAT over with.....now I can drink".

Glad your feeling better. You just got a small taste. Wait until you've got some time, it gets really better.

Aysha 06-09-2007 11:35 AM

Glad you are feeling better and thinking more positive.

Alive 06-09-2007 11:55 AM

yeah...that's wonderful...eating right is a big step on recovery...it means you are doing a life style change and that is truly an epiphany!

glad to see you so happy!
stay strong!

Grateful Heart 06-09-2007 11:58 AM

Hi Beth

Glad to hear you're feeling better. That juice mixture sounds good...I need to try it.

livefree 06-09-2007 12:51 PM

What a happy post! Glad to hear you're doing well. Keep treating your body with love and respect.

angie9 06-09-2007 01:00 PM

Hey thats great Beth. I remember what a buzz it was when I woke up with a clear head and no foggy brain!! I wish you all the best :0)
Ang

2stop 06-09-2007 02:21 PM

Beth~ Borrow my vision and eyesight a minute k?
Now then....................

Do you see that awesome, strong, talented, intelligent and one cool girl?
yep....YOU!

I think you rock......hang in there...............******{HUGS}}}}

2stop 06-09-2007 02:22 PM

You could start a business.......
Beth's WooHoo Juice..............sounds pretty good to me..............

Dee74 06-09-2007 03:18 PM

LOL. Beth a day not begun in the bowl is indeed a good one !
I'm so glad you're feeling better ! it's made my day ! (AM here)
:hug:

D

nolongerdrunk 06-09-2007 03:57 PM

Doesn't it feel good to be nice to your body? You're making me want to eat some fruits and veggies right now!

IO Storm 06-09-2007 07:48 PM

I am glad you are better B Free...

How about calling it a Sober Slush?

Love,

(ex-lush!)

IO

crayola 06-09-2007 10:53 PM

Love your post!

So nice to hear of your wonderful success (and yum, that slushie do sound good!).

cyberwolf 06-10-2007 01:33 AM

Beth thats is great. I am soooooooooooo Happy for you.

Juice sounds like a great idea , got any more recipies (I don't like blueberries!!!)

Big hugs

X

Rusty Zipper 06-10-2007 02:42 AM

yep beth... praying to the porcelain god aint get'n any of us anyware fast... http://www.myspacedev.com/img/smilies/sick/sick0022.gif

happy to hear things are a bit better...

remember... your worth it!

good wishes...

xxoo, rz

parentrecovers 06-10-2007 06:04 AM

proud of you, k

SaTiT 06-10-2007 06:31 AM

hi Beth.
I'm glade you're feeling better

Change4life 06-13-2007 08:05 PM

Woohoo juice or sober slush? I would like to take a vote.

Hey cyber if you dont like blueberries I tied something new today.

V-8 splash Strawberry kiwi flavor, a banana, sliced up strawberries. Throw it all in the blender with some ice and vroom let it spin. Its really good.

Anyone else have any recipes they want to share? I seem to be stuck on bananas and strawberries, but a change would be good.