Notices

Need Help

Old 06-04-2007, 06:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Need Help

I really need help....I can't stop drinking....I mean I can't seem to stop. I tell myself not again tonight and then go crazy with the drinking. I'm using huge quantities and hurting myself....severe vomiting....stomach pains...shakes....hallucinations....pain. Im at work now, last drink at 4:30 AM and am experiencing terrible withdrawal symptoms....but in my head I'm already contemplating a couple shots at lunch....I'm lying to everyone...driving drunk(already got 2 DWI's)......I will go to jail on the next one...I will lose my job if I drink at work....yet I can't seem to stop
Old 06-04-2007, 06:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Hi Rob..Glad you are here.
I think you may want to seek some medical attention if your having withdrawls like that.
And maybe talk to someone about treatment or something along those lines.
Drinkin more may make it go away for now...but then youll be right back where you are now.
I hope you find the help you need.
Someone will be along that can help you more as I am not familiar with alcohol withdrawls.
Old 06-04-2007, 07:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

(((Robzoloft)))
I understand the pain you are in.
I don't have much to offer as I am in the very early stages of recovery.
I can tell you though that there are many people here who have managed to
move beyond alcohol for months and even years ... when I listen to them I
can believe it doesn't have to be this way if I am willing. I am sure one of
them will be around
shortly. Stick around and keep posting.
-P
Old 06-04-2007, 07:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Rob,

I'm glad you posted. Please call your doctor. If you are serious about quitting drinking (and I hope you are), you need medical attention to help you with detox. I understand what it's like to have your body screaming for more, but you know what the consequences of that are by now. Make a different choice. Hang in there, you can do this.

Rowan
Old 06-04-2007, 07:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
came-came to-came to believe

~sending prayers your way Rob-there is a way out
Old 06-04-2007, 08:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome to SR....

I do suggest an honest talk with your doctor.
It's wise to have a medically s supervised de tox.

Here is a link full of information
excerpts from the book that convinced me to quit drinking

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...influence.html

I stay quit with God and AA.

hope you find your answers to a healthier life of joy

Blessings
Old 06-04-2007, 08:45 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

If your withdrawals are that severe go to see a Dr immediately. You can die from alcoholic withdrawals.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:57 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Rob, and welcome.

I was exactly where you are. I was in that miserable state for over a year. I know what it is like waking up and reaching for the bottle, sneaking shots at work, at lunch, whenever, just to keep from going thorugh withdraw. I started going through withdraw once at a JC Penney supplier conference. I had to walk around in downtown Long Beach to find an open bar to get a couple of shots in me.

You should tell your employeer before they find out or fire you.(I was fired for drinking on the job after 5 years). Explain that you need time off and why. After that, get to a de-tox facility. After that is when the work begins. You have to find a recovery program, and put recovery first and foremost in your life. I, like many others, use AA.

Today I have about 7 months sober. I am again gainfully employed, and life has never been better. I don't hate life anymore.

Good luck and God Bless
Old 06-04-2007, 09:20 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks for the link to quotes from "under the influence", Carol. Sounds like the entire book is worth the read and investment. Finding the SR forums and reading them daily has truly been a help and support for me.

Welcome, Rob! I was right where you are and know how desperate you must be feeling. Getting into detox is something I would highly recommend. I was in tears when I went in, but even after 5 days I felt unbelievably better. I never knew I could go a day without drinking. God Bless. We are here for you!
Old 06-04-2007, 09:25 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome!

There is lots of information and support here.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:26 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks for the support

Thanks for the timely responses.....its been 8 hours since last drink and I feel slightly better....bad muscle aches....gastrointestinal distress...headache...sweats...no appetite.....really sad and anxious. Yet, the voice in my head is still saying I can drink at 4...just hold on till 4...I must be crazy.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:30 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Welcome Aboard Rob,

Your story brings back some very ugly withdrawls I went through cold turkey....I finally figured out that I keep drinking because I was afraid of the withdrawls.....In the end I was drinking a pint of vodka just from bedtime to morning.....Then I would be at the 7-11 at 6:00 when they would start selling beer, buying a 6-pack to get me to 10:00 when the liquor stores opened. Then I would buy a liter to get me to my pint for sleep again. Repeated this for a while, I was stuck in a vicious cycle, felt like I was juggling 100 basketballs , what with job, kids, wife, looking out for johnny law and this cycle. I finally called it quits, I WAS SICK AND TIRED OF BEING SICK AND TIRED..............

I went to rehab, the only thing I had not tried, it worked for me and I am so happy I did..................It has been alittle over a year now and I never thought I be where I am now.......

Take everyones advice from above and get your doctor involved, he will help you from the suffering your going through now. Then when you feel better you can start your recovery. And keep posting to let us all know how your doing OK....

NED
Old 06-06-2007, 05:21 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

30 hours and counting

No alcohol for 30 hours....still experiencing a lot of withdrawal symptoms, though less intensely. No sleep or food for the last two days...I am really tired but just can't get to sleep. No appetite whatsoever...lot of muscle aches, stomach upset....emotionally drained....Anyone know how long this lasts generally? Anything I can do or take to make it more tolerable? Thanks
Old 06-06-2007, 05:37 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

hi Rob,
sorry I haven't gotten to this thread before...man, everyone's different, OK, but I used to feel better after 4 days or so...I never went to a Doc tho, so I never had any medicinal help...maybe if you went to one they could prescribe somthing ?

hang in there mate..it's really tough I know, but if you get through it, and get some kinda recovery programme going, you can let this kind of BS be a thing of the past...

D
Old 06-06-2007, 07:41 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hi Rob, I am glad I didn't get to the point you are at before realizing I needed to stop.

I can relate about having the shakes at work, feeling hungover, etc. It all does improve with time away from alcohol.

You can do this, just quit. Get help, go to AA, go to a counsellor, what ever it takes, but get off the booze

Levi
Old 06-06-2007, 08:10 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Day 3 was my turning point and also most dangerous.
I hallucinated and had a convulsion. plus nose bleeds
...along with all the other symptoms mentioned by Rob.

Sooo Rob...Do not hesitate to go to an ER
Take aspirin for aches...Hard candy for shakes
Eat a soft diet...Gateraid is g good
Drink gallons of water.
Old 06-06-2007, 08:45 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
let it grow!

nice to meet you, rob. keep posting, k
Old 06-06-2007, 09:45 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

33 hours now....

Thanks everybody.....the worst is the chest pain that feels like a heart attack ( I actually had a drug induced one of those at age 38) thats actually dyspepsia and really nasty indigestion...hot/cold flashes.....the kicker is there's a part of my head already planning the next drink...I cannot allow that happen.....I guess it comes down to what I'm willing today to stay sober