Notices

My sister is a drama queen

Old 06-01-2007, 11:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My sister is a drama queen

I don't know how to deal with my sis, I love her since she is my sister and my parents love her and worry about her all the time.

Her majesty is 38 years old and blame all of her failures on me or our parents. Nothing is her fault and every idiotic decision she has made is either my fault or our parent's since her "therapist" told her she did not get enough love and support from us.

I have supported her financially, morally and otherwise. I have paid for her education and everything else, I offered to pay for any major she chooses and her college expenses. She has been looking for a husband to come and save her so that she could become a housewife and that has been her ultimate goal in life.

Still I am supposed to stay silent since if I say anything may upset her highness, anything I say is considered an attack on her and our parents suffer as a result. I have decided to stay silent and accomodate her "feelings" to protect my parents. thouugh I am very resentful and hurt.

She almost married some idiot after knowing him for 3 weeks, now I am to be blamed since if I and my parents did not support her and showed enough love and attention. She went and lived with another idiot for a couple of months, she bought the moron a car and we had to endure the expense of saving her from her decisions.

I don't know how to treat her and how to deal with her......She neither drinks nor smokes but she is more drunk than any drunk I know. She is one of those character that would drive anyone to drinking to get numb. I am not going to blame her for my binges but it is very hard not to place at least some blame on her behavior and the stress that she is causing me.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hugs and Prayers for all involved.

For me....I find peace of mind easier
when I stay away from toxic people and situations.

Blessings
Old 06-01-2007, 11:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

sorry rumi...i have family members like this myself, and I've blamed them for years for all kinds of stuff, including drinking, but recovery has shown me that no-one else has any part in making me drink....

it's how I handle things that makes me drink...or not.

D
Old 06-02-2007, 01:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I can empathize, please don't own it, people who often feel unsure about themselves often pick on people they know will accept it. Please know you are not he only one and you know the truth.

hugs indigo
Old 06-02-2007, 03:37 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

ah, the blame game, the old quiz show!

rumi
I don't know how to treat her and how to deal with her.
stop enableing her...

rumi
but it is very hard not to place at least some blame on her behavior and the stress that she is causing me.
she doesnt drink... maybe you might try nonalanon...

time to dissassociate...

good wishes rumi

xxoo, rz
Old 06-02-2007, 06:55 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I can relate, my husband is like that in some ways, he is bi-polar and keeps talking about going to a psychiatrist, but never does, and he wont listen to me , he went to a phsychiatrist a few years ago, but only cause his mother drove him there and made him go and every medication he has been on he would stop taking after a few days and he would say he didnt like the side effects, but he doesnt understand it can take weeks for those meds to get into oyur system and also he is not very supportive about my alcohol problem, he doesnt think I have one or that I can drink in moderation , but I cant.