Notices

I Feel Bad

Old 06-01-2007, 02:33 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

"we need to accept the fact that we can not live on justifications."

thanks foe sharing that. its really a big step in our recovery to embrace this concept
Old 06-01-2007, 06:27 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Thumbs up The 6th Concept

Tonight I saw another miracle in recovery at work during the business meeting. It was truly a wonderful, clean, moment in my life as well as the others. Even though we were at a new building we had 6 members of NA show up, 3 home group members and it was totally awesome.

As GSR I try to remember to read the 6th Concept before we start the meeting which is asking a loving God to express himself in our decision making. Then I went ahead and stated what I have told you. That I feel as a group we showed the wrong behavior and that our actions alone as a group could effect other groups from maybe renting space there and we as a group don't need to have anyone feeling bad towards recovery groups by our actions. I told them that I feel that we should make things right. Which they feed back and of course one of them said they didn't feel that we should do anything. I went on to explain that we as a group could be in violation of the 10th Tradition because this could be brought up to other people that are not in the program and not only that but it could be a violation of the 4th Tradition if in fact it hurts any other group from having the freedom to rent space there because of our actions.

When we got done discussing this in a very calm manner we as a group came up with a decision that the secretary of the group will either go in tomorrow or Monday if they are not open tomorrow, and give them the keys and tell them that "As a group we were wrong in our behavior for not giving proper notice, what can we do as a group to make it right with you?" We decided that this would be the proper way to handle this situation and no matter what they say (the owners) that we as a group will do whatever they want done. We will also say that we don't want any bitter feeling after this, so let's come to some sort of a agreement.

Personally I think that this was in fact God (Higher Power) working in the lives of all. I got different feed backs from everyone but now we know that the group itself feels that this wasn't right and that we don't want to have NA or any other 12 step program to be effected by our actions. So now it is solved. We will wait on the decision of the owners, but all we as a group are doing is admitting that our behavior wasn't right and now we are letting the owners decide how we can make things right to not have any hate or discontent.

I am satisfied with this solution so I will not be paying them any money like previously stated, the group owned the action and now the group is in a solution I will be able to rest knowing that it is in Gods hands.

Thanks for allowing me to bring this subject here to the forums.

With Love and Respect

Vic
Old 06-01-2007, 06:30 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Fantastic Vic
Old 06-01-2007, 07:35 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Thanks Kevin I truly believe that if we get out of ourselves and allow HP to guide us then all will be well. Just took my shot so I am going to bed...have a great night to all and to all a good night.
Old 06-01-2007, 08:01 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Sleep well Vic.

I love it that we reover together, learn together, fight togther, cry togther, forgive togther.

(((((Vic)))))

Kevin
Old 06-01-2007, 08:20 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Wow, Chance, that's kewl!
Old 06-02-2007, 02:12 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Great news Chance.
Attached Images
File Type: gif
7.gif (15.8 KB, 11 views)