Notices

Bottoms

Old 06-05-2007, 09:40 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
'55 Classic

Stone,

Wow! I've been away for awhile so I just now found your thread. I cannot tell you how much your posts take me back to when I was a newbie. And you have no idea how much I needed that right now. I'm suppose to speak in Nacogdoches (it's in East Texas) in July and this has reminded me of what I need to impart to others. I need to remember share where I came from and especially how I felt in the beginning. I remember those sleepless nights you talk about. I remember the fear and paranoia. I remember the relief when I got to the safety of the meetings. Yes, I want to tell people about my journey, but I need to tell them about the early days of recovery as much as what it's like today.

You keep up the good work and keep posting. You have no idea how much you are helping others right now. You sure helped me!
Old 06-06-2007, 07:08 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Thanks Kasha and GP, the insomnia usually sorts itself out soon so not too worried, no bed-time itchies GP-I don't fancy getting that either!

Hi Kelldogg and thanks.

Hi Sheryl, thanks for the kind words and I am glad my thread helped you remember stuff about the early days, I actually did the first post of this thread as a reminder to myself of what it was like. The withdrawals are up there with the worst physical, mental and spiritual pain I have ever experienced-I need to remember that.

Anyhoo, I set my alarm clock so I just got about 5 hours sleep in an attempt at curbing the insomnia and getting to sleep earlier when I do sleep. Feel exhausted today but still slowly improving, I found myself smiling for no reason today for the first time in weeks.
Another meeting tonite, then I will take a night off and on friday I am getting a lift off a guy who sets up the friday night meeting so I will help him with that.
Old 06-06-2007, 08:03 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

((((((((((((((stone)))))))))))))))))) mega hugs!
Old 06-06-2007, 12:41 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
not a greeter

AA... smiling for no reason? Man, not drinking agrees with you .
Old 06-06-2007, 01:50 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Thanks Rowan

Hi gypsy, yes it does!!! Just back from a meeting and going out for chinese food, another sober day.
Old 06-06-2007, 02:04 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

'Smiling for no reason?'

What the heck is right with you?!!!!

Seriously, it's so great to read your posts, Stone.You are just inspiring to me!

Rosexox
Old 06-06-2007, 07:30 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

stoney
The withdrawals are up there with the worst physical, mental and spiritual pain I have ever experienced-I need to remember that.
stoney, hold on to this thread, its save'n your butt...

over four years ago, my first spons said, get on your knees, morn, and night...thats what he meant... i did, and til this day... i stil do... my daily reminder...

"if it works, dont fix it"

your on the move, you've got the groove, the recovey groove stone'y!

xxoo ya
Old 06-06-2007, 09:08 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Thanks Rose and Rusty. It's 5am and no sleep here and reading your posts cheered me up.

RZ, I agree about this thread!
Old 06-06-2007, 10:46 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

****{stone}}}

I love it - when you said 'All I do is talk about AA"

wooHOO!!!!!

It works when we work it!
Old 06-07-2007, 06:43 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
let it grow!

morning, stone. stay sober today! k
Old 06-07-2007, 07:14 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Hi barb and k

Feeling even more tired today, have to remember it is early days but I am a bit sick of the constant tiredness and mood swings.

Dee wrote somewhere about not thinking too much, today I am trying to do that. Just not drinking is enough for today, I can't deal with anything else-poor me!

Oh well, ho hum.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:04 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
let it grow!

yep, no "over thinking" is a great plan for today...k
Old 06-07-2007, 06:50 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

stone, love your new hat! lol

stoney
Dee wrote somewhere about not thinking too much,

my thinking got me in this mess in the first place...

you can do it stone'y! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez does it, just do it!

xxoo, rz
Old 06-07-2007, 08:57 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Thanks k and Rusty

I was exhausted at midnight but couldn't sleep and got up at 2am, it's now 5am. I might try to stay up and then have a quick nap before my meeting tonite, dunno tho.

I could have done with that hat when I was first withdrawing RZ and the tinfoil too! I had the old racing thoughts turning to paranoia going on
Old 06-08-2007, 06:01 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  
let it grow!

hang in there, stone. thinking about you over here, k
Old 06-08-2007, 07:34 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Thanks k, well I slept from 10am till 2pm lol, I am a zombie!

Going to a meeting tonite and today I told my sponsor about my 2 week problem (it will be the 14th day on sat) and he is taking me to a meeting on saturday and we're gonna have a chat about steps prolly too. I am so lucky to have found this guy, he is a really nice person and I have a lot of respect for him already.

Looking forward to my meeting tonite, it is a bind in one way but I know I will feel better for going-I am such a lazy ******* tho!
Old 06-08-2007, 07:39 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
let it grow!

i have always been a sound sleeper. but when stress keeps me up, i am really screwed the next day. so i understand. just get as much rest as you can, when you can.

and keep going to those meetings! no turning back.

counting on you to do the next right thing, k
Old 06-08-2007, 07:39 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Ur not lazy - ur recovering. Give your sleep cycles time to even out.
If at all possible, though, go to bed same time every night and get up at the same time (NOT 2 pm mind you lol) - avoid the catnaps - things will even out.
Glad ur planning ahead re the 14 day mark - smart to share it with your sponsor and to have a plan. It's just another day, though, don't tell urself different.

hugs
Old 06-08-2007, 08:35 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Hi k, I read your thread and am sending my warmest wishes to you and your daughter.

Hi Rowan, I deliberately stayed up till 10am, I could have slept at 6am but I decided a 4 hour sleep might help me get back on track faster than having a full 8hrs-who knows, it might work.
Yes, I am trying not to make a big deal mentally of the 2 week thing, I only mentioned it in passing to my sponsor really but having him to go to a meeting with will be a big help I think.
I hate cliches but AA has so many good ones! - One day at a time!
Old 06-08-2007, 03:00 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Yessssssss! 13 days today stone! Ok, now, I will be on my computer as much as I can to be here for ya this weekend. We can play pool on ***** or cards, anything. But listen, fill your tummy FULL of food the whole weekend. And drink tons of water, that will help you out bigtime. If your belly isnt screaming at you for something, the idea of 'you know what' might not even pop into your head. Stay busy, eat, drink, and buzz me on ***** if your feeling weak, Also first and foremost, keep your AA friend's phone #'s handy, you will want those.
I just have a really good feeling that you will be strong enough to make it this time through that 2 week mark. Even if it hurts right???? Cuz YOU are the one who matters, nobody else! I'm so proud of you for how far you've made it and all of the meetings that you've attended, you rock dude!!!!!!!!!!