Notices

Day 3-sober!

Old 05-28-2007, 01:50 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Alcoholic

People here DO understand, and that makes such a difference. I'm at 18 days, and at 3 days I was still having a lot of crying outbursts out of nowhere. Do a lot of reading here, and write or email yourself with your thoughts and self-analysis to start getting things down. It will really help you stay focused and reflect on what has happened and where you want to be, and takes your mind off drinking. Rely on anyone you can, but stay away from any drinking triggers. I can't even see a commercial w/o wanting to drink, but everyone's not like that. You just have to figure out what works best for you. You will. And it's good you're focusing on the positive--no hangover, sleeping and eating better. Kudos. Be well-- K.
Old 05-28-2007, 01:55 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thanks so much everyone.You are all so wonderful and encouraging.It's amazing how I'm noticing how much alcohol is part of our day to day lives.Ads on tv, people drinking in shows I watch, friends of mine(who don't know about this) who say things like 'Well-have a drink-you'll feel better' or 'I'll bring round some wine and we can have a fun time chatting'. Ah-no-you won't.....not anymore.

Anyway-I'm doing well so far.I'm counting every day as a step forward.The thing is I just FEEL better in myself.Happier and not in so much of a fog anymore.No headaches in the morning-I wake up feeling clear-not crappy and depressed and needing to run to the bathroom to throw up(sorry-that's probably too much info-but that's been my life these past 6 months-just horrible)

The mornings are good-it's the afternoon/evening that gets tough-but I'm staying away from the things I know trigger me-and am staying as busy as I can.It all helps.

My friend goes back to Australia today-and while I'm nervous about not having her here anymore-I'm calmer about it than I was 2 days ago.I am so determined to keep going as I am right now.

Your support means everything to me too-I'll be here much more now.Thank you all so much,

Rosexox