SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   I've made it 30 days..... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/124602-ive-made-30-days.html)

Laceyhearts 05-27-2007 06:43 AM

I've made it 30 days.....

I am sober 30 days today. I am excited and relieved. The first week of my sobriety I was having thoughts of when I might be able to drink or how much could I drink that hubby wouldn't notice. The 2nd week, I wrestled with boundless energy, still thought about drinking, but not near as often nor was my thinking revolving around planning the next drink. The 3rd week, still alot of energy, but able to sit and relax with no thoughts of when I might be able to drink. Week 4 and no anxiety over drinking. The only time the drinking has even crossed my mind has been to think of the hurt I have caused. Something I never want to forget, to afirm the reason I can never drink again. This last week has seen a lot of changes for me. 2 of my 3 children are now speaking to me. My 20 year old son and I had not spoken in 7 months. My 12 year old daughter had not spoken to me for 5 months. My mother now speaks with me a couple times a week and my husband is seeing a clear headed me. Our arguing has decreased considerably. We have been able to sit and talk things over. I have been able to express myself in a somewhat normal way as oppossed to a drunken rant. We have made plans to do things in the evening and actually been able to follow through with them as I haven't been drunk by the time he got home from work. I feel less panicky when I leave the house. Even able to go to a store alone and look around. Not having to know the layout of a store so I could rush in a grab what I need and get out before having a full blown panic attack has been great. I have even made plans to go visit my mother the end of June, which I haven't done in a year. And even then, there was tension.
I truely didn't believe I would make it this far. I'm glad I found this site as it has helped me a great deal in my recovery. With this site, my family and friends support, my Dr.'s and therapist, I no longer feel alone. I like the changed in my life now. I have so much to look forward to being sober and I see that now. Thank you all for being here to share this day with me.....
Laceyhearts:)

kglast 05-27-2007 06:48 AM

Congratulations!!! Best wishes for continued enlightenment and success!!!

Rowan 05-27-2007 07:14 AM

Congratulations on 30 days, Laceyhearts. Keep on keepin' on, because it gets better and better. Thank you for sharing with us.

Rowan

gypsytears 05-27-2007 07:16 AM

30 days is awesome laceyhearts and those are some pretty special improvements happening already :). Keep at it.

stone 05-27-2007 07:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
30 days is awseome!

barb dwyer 05-27-2007 10:19 PM

good going Lacy !!!!

Dee74 05-27-2007 10:26 PM

WTG Laceyhearts !! woo hoo !

D

indigo 05-28-2007 01:26 AM

Way to go!!!

KatieMay 05-28-2007 01:40 AM

Thank you. I'm 18 days sober now, and it's good to hear some details from someone a bit farther along than I am. Congratulations. I am hopeful it all gets easier and I get stronger and less jumpy, as I've always been a very strong person, until I let this really break me down. But going in the right direction now, and I know it's a process, and trying not to beat myself up for what I've done. I can't change that. Thanks again for what you wrote. It helped me a lot-- K.

Spiritual Seeker 05-28-2007 02:55 AM

It is truly awesome how fast your life turned around in 30 days without the bottle, just imagine 30 more and you will need sunglasses because it will be so bright.Fantastic that you're rebuilding those important relationships. It works if ya work it as we can see from you.

Pilgrim 05-28-2007 02:59 AM

30 is so great Lacy. Congratulations!!

:cheer

Aysha 05-28-2007 05:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
30 days is wonderful. Very nice. You should be very proud.
Keep it up because the rewards only get better.

hope3 05-28-2007 05:34 AM

(((((((((((((((Laceyhearts)))))))))))))))

I am so happy for you LH, you are worth all

the good things that come your way....You are

earning them....Hope3

Rusty Zipper 05-28-2007 06:51 AM

LH

I truely didn't believe I would make it this far.
ya did, and it was doable... keep doing whats work'n LH...

xxoo, rz

Bliss71 05-28-2007 06:57 AM

COngratulations! I am at day 16 and going strong

Change4life 05-28-2007 07:15 AM

Congrats on your 30 days. Thats awesome!

Toomutch 05-28-2007 07:22 AM

Wow! Congratulations on 30 days and the great strides you have made in mending relationships and living with a clearer head. :) :)

~~~~~~~~~~

Asmile is a curve that sets everything straight.

Laceyhearts 05-28-2007 08:46 AM

Thank you everyone. The kind words and encouragments mean a lot to me. It makes my staying sober all the more worth while.....
Laceyhearts.....:)

teej 05-28-2007 08:53 AM

(((((((Laceyhearts))))))) You should be very proud of yourself. You shine up just like a new penny :) Way to go on 30 days!!

Taztastic 05-28-2007 09:00 AM

Congratulations!! It's inspirational to learn how much better it gets as time goes on. Well done you!