Notices

my first thread.

Old 05-25-2007, 10:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Exclamation my first thread.

This may sound weird but I never wanted to join anything like this and never thought I had a problem. I can always quit drinking but lately Ive found myself locking myself in my room away from the world and guzzling 30 beers or so. I can always get up for work the next day but lately Ive been having horrible pains in my lower rigth side and I need to quit this behavior at once. Im in excellent shape and I could be on the cover of a magazine. You would never look at me and think that i sit alone drinking like this. I have no friends and no love life and I think I have found this way of life to give me pleasure in my somewhat misserable life. I would be honored to hear anyones thoughts on this.
Old 05-25-2007, 11:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome aboard, Immichaelski. We're glad you're here. When the drinking overwhelms your daily living, it no longer has a valid role. That's especially true if you're experiencing pain. That's not good. Sobriety is the looking glass that bears the truth and uncovers the illusion.

You might want to talk to a medical professional about that pain in your lower torso.
Old 05-25-2007, 11:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Smile

Yes and thanks. i had gone from august of 2006 to april without a drink and I had started back. Its been every weekend for the last few weeks. I really probally dont drink near as much as most people just on the weekends but once I get that one there is no stopping me. I have had a few duis and have gotton thrown out of college so sometimes I figure why not just finish my life off with a bottle in my hand. I also tried to overdose on alchol and xanax landing myself in the hospital just in more trouble. I am giving this a try this time and want to see if I can stop this for a long time.
Old 05-25-2007, 11:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

That was me so many times before with drugs.
And still to this day. people where I have worked would probably go into shock if they ever knew my secret double crack life.
I dont even come off as someone who use to be hardcore in the street. Its kinda funny but not.
But thats what us addicts get good at. Hiding and masking.
But you know eventually that mask will fade. If ur health is suffering that should be your top priority.
Alcohol..drugs..whatever uthe addiction. It all ends the same. And functional will always be nonexistant sooner or later.
Anyway. Welcome..Glad you are here. Keep posting. This board is so full of understanding..support and info.
Read my post not doing so good. It is never so bad that ur life is not worth it. I found out the hard way last week.
I am learning everyday and so are the oldtimers here.
Attached Images
File Type: gif
11.gif (37.6 KB, 41 views)
Old 05-25-2007, 11:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Miki

Welcome to SR. Finding ourselves needing to quit always comes as a bit of a shock. You will find lots of people here who understand and know how you feel. I do.
Old 05-25-2007, 11:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Wink

Thanks, I like this already. Its inspiring and already giving me excitement in keeping up with my progress. I am using working out as my anti alcohol. Its my favorite thing in the world to do, and the other day I was too sick to even do that i said its time to stop. Im glad I found this place.
Old 05-25-2007, 11:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

Have you got a plan of action for a recovery program of some type; not a good thing to go it alone. Sounds like you have admitted that you are powerless over this and are ready for some help. have you reacher out to your family? Keep movin' in the right direction and things will get better
Old 05-26-2007, 01:13 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

First off welcome I'm glad you found us. Addiction steals our lives and stops us being able to function normally, it often comes back to bite you in the ar*e. We have to ignore that little demon that say's "go on one won't hurt" because addiction is also a liar. I hope you find peace and keep posting. Sobriety really does rock.

indigo
Attached Images
File Type: gif
61.gif (23.9 KB, 37 views)
Old 05-26-2007, 01:48 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Immichaelski !

You're right - this is a great place - lots of nice folks and really good advice, help and support

hope to see you round
D
Old 05-26-2007, 04:06 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
believer

Want to personally welcome you. stay strong
Old 05-26-2007, 04:48 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

miki, a big welcome from me also...

stick around...

all good wishes to you miki...

xxoo, rz
Old 05-26-2007, 05:16 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
let it grow!

nice to meet you! keep posting! blessings, k
Old 05-26-2007, 06:21 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Welcome to Sober Recovery!
Old 05-26-2007, 07:04 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

We're all here for you.
Old 05-26-2007, 07:42 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hi and Welcome!

I was astounded when I found I could not stay stopped
even when I really wanted to quit drinking.

That is why AA is vital to my healthy sober life.

Glad you are here...