Notices

I'm sorry. I need to get this out.

Old 05-26-2007, 05:21 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi,

I'm sorry you feel so down. But, you can change things in your life. Sometimes, it seems frustratingly slow and pointless, but try changing one thing. There is a ripple effect into different areas of your life. It sounds like you've been used and abused by people. I was like that too for a long time. I didn't realize what it was about until after I was sober. But, I felt bad about myself and that is the message that people got from me. No matter what I looked like on the outside, people knew that I didn't care for myself. And, so I attracted people to me who also didn't like themselves and it spirals downward. Once I stopped drinking, I cut out a few toxic relationships in my life. I was amazed that some new and wonderful people came into my life, as if by accident. But, of course it was no accident. It was me who had changed.
Old 05-26-2007, 05:30 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
believer

Originally Posted by 51anna View Post
Hi,

I'm sorry you feel so down. But, you can change things in your life. Sometimes, it seems frustratingly slow and pointless, but try changing one thing. There is a ripple effect into different areas of your life. It sounds like you've been used and abused by people. I was like that too for a long time. I didn't realize what it was about until after I was sober. But, I felt bad about myself and that is the message that people got from me. No matter what I looked like on the outside, people knew that I didn't care for myself. And, so I attracted people to me who also didn't like themselves and it spirals downward. Once I stopped drinking, I cut out a few toxic relationships in my life. I was amazed that some new and wonderful people came into my life, as if by accident. But, of course it was no accident. It was me who had changed.

So true Anna.People smell insecurities and lack of self love.And they use you knowing that...

tale care B2B.keep digging!
Old 05-26-2007, 06:40 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

B2B,

I also have no friends. despite the fact they all told me I needed to quit drinking, how concerned they were, it still remains I have been completely abandoned--when I sobered up.

I learned hard and fast, these friends didn't like me when i was sober. I just wasn't fun anymore, I suppose.

You are still relatively young.

I am going to share a piece of wisdom I have come by the hard way.

Choose your friends.

The abusive people were a mistake. Your friends are a reflection of you.

You are lucky to break out of this cycle at your age. It is their loss.
Old 05-26-2007, 07:07 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
believer

Talking

Originally Posted by karimpatim View Post
So true Anna.People smell insecurities and lack of self love.And they use you knowing that...

tale care B2B.keep digging!
tale care blatobla lol. i am going chinese here....

i meant take care.... hope your new job goes well..
Old 05-26-2007, 07:26 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

b2b, you're being to hard on yourself!! You are beautiful! you have a long life ahead of you just waiting! Don't give up before the miracle happens babe!!!!
Old 05-26-2007, 07:40 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

let the past go, you can't change it. embrace the future.