Notices

So sick of this routine

Old 05-26-2007, 05:30 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
61'st day sober as of:12/18/07

Day 3#. I feel like I'm "drying out" but still have the mild but annoying right-sided headache, allergy-feeling, dull, unmotivated and foggy headed. I just feel blaah and not sure if this is due to alcohol withdrawal or something else.

Steve
Old 05-26-2007, 02:27 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

It's the alcohol. I am day six. When we stop we have one big long last hangover. I hope that past few days was my last and I hope this will be your last too. There are links up the top about what to expect when you stop. You might find them helpful to read so you understand what your body is experiencing.

Good luck.
Old 05-26-2007, 08:10 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

One thing I am trying to do (and bear in mind I have just started) is to find different ways to reward myself.
#1 - is waking up sober. Sober sleep is SOOOO much better than the alternative. Yes I know from experince I will have some sleepless nights but the pattern will become normal after a while.
#2 - I really like good food - before it seemed like an excuse to have a drink cause if I'm eating and drinking, well that's ok huh? (nope its not). So teat your self to a nice home cooked meal.
#3 - and this sounds silly, but tonight I had seltzer mixed with a really good lemonade, but something about that - it wasn't water, or coffee (which I do love) or diet coke - it was fizzy and good and - and now I'm going to bed

Hang in there and if you need help - there are so many good people around here - just start typing!!

All the best to you!!!
Old 05-30-2007, 02:33 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone. I made it through the the long holiday weekend and I can't believe it!!
This will be day 12 for me and what a huge difference I feel. I feel like I used to live in the black and white version of the Wizard of Oz and someone has slowly put the color on and is turning it up a little bit every day. It's a good thing, but kind of scary too. And hey Steve - have you tried hypnosis for that nicotine habit? It worked wonders for me. If you really want it, it truly helps.
Old 05-30-2007, 02:45 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I am on day 18 and I feel inspired to get fit! I just signed up for a running clinic for 16 weeks to do a half marathon in Oct. I find exercising for me keeps me away from alcohol. Best wishes to you! I am rooting for all of you!!!!
Old 05-30-2007, 07:19 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

steve, you can do it...
Old 05-30-2007, 08:07 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I have been making my own ginger- ale and love it. You just boil slices of ginger with sugar and water for 20 min. to make your "syrup" and when you want a ginger- ale mix some syrup with Mineral water and a squeeze of lime.