Notices

counsellor

Old 05-24-2007, 02:45 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
tangled up in blue

Lost, I'm so happy to see that you're back at the boards. I know it's hard to really open up to people, but your counselor knows that and won't leave your side. Just think; you have people on your side pulling for ya. How are things going today, lost?
Old 05-24-2007, 03:06 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

lost--

I am sorry you are dealing with this pain...my family and I have a very volatile past..I feel your pain.

I too was lucky to find a counselor that made me mad cause she cared...keep posting and keep seeing your counselor...

(((((LOST))))))

much love,
beezy
Old 05-24-2007, 03:48 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

LC..

Trust your conselor
It's okay to cry..let it all out
It's okay to be angery too...
A lot of childhood stuff I tried to barried, I thought that i would just forget.
Well it didn't came out the way i thought or planed.
It came up and bit me in the ass and bit me hard...
I'm not a psychologist or a conselor..but I've been there.

I couldn't drink or use, I'll never get well if I do.
Old 05-24-2007, 04:08 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
IO Storm

LC....

Count the number of times in your posts that you have said.."I'm sorry"...

Now, try just once..saying "I'm sorry" to you.

Don't give up.

Love,

IO
Old 05-25-2007, 07:50 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

My counsellor is good I'm seeing her twice a week at the moment..I'm in a real dangerous place at the minute and to be honest with everything going wrong at the minute I don't want to be alive anymore. All I do is think of death, life being the ultimate punishment. I never asked for anything to happen, and yet it feels I'm being punished for it..I'm now on statutory sick pay so won't be able to pay my rent, i'm not meant to be living where I am as it is, but whilst the rent was being paid no one questioned anything, now there's a chance I will lose my house, I will also lose my job if the works counsellor thingy deems me unfit to return, which is very likly to happen from wot someone at work said. so i'm now financially broke, near on homeless, stuck with depression, anxiety...I'm fed up feeling like this and feel I need to silence myself for my remaining days on earth.
Old 05-25-2007, 02:48 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Administrator

silencing yourself is last thing you need to do, LC...

you need to keep talking...you need to keep talking to us, to your counsellor and, most of all I think, to yourself...

you know these kind of thoughts do nothing...they're empty thoughts - no nourishment...they're just cyclical bullsh*t that go around and around, getting nowhere...you've done nothing to be punished for, so why on earth should anything that's happening to you be a punishment ?

....and if things do turn out like you fear in your post (and that's all they basically are right now, right ? fears) you need to tell people - YELL at them if you have to - about your financial situation, your living arrangements and, again, the way you're feeling...

stuff not burdening anybody...it's time for others to share your burden, I think.

D
Old 05-25-2007, 03:28 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Determined

Lost,

I totally agree withh Dee.

I know it is hard to believe, but I work with people every day who have lost jobs, families, homes, their health but do you know what gets me every time when they tell me "what's the point!" And you know what?, there is always a point. Here in the uk you won't go without a roof over your head (don't get me wrong it may not be in the best area, it may not be where you would choose etc etc, but it will be warm and dry).

Now, with my "work head" on if you do lose your job- you and your counsellor sit down and apply for incapacity benefit (phone the Jobcentre and ask for an appointment with a disability employment advisor) - trust me I know what I am talking about - this is my job,

It may also be worthwhile talking to an organisation called the Shaw trust - www.shaw-trust.org.uk they can only work with you when your benefit includes some form of incapacity benefit eg, income support with a disability premium, or Incapacity benefit or Disability Living Allowance, but a quick phonecall to them and they would be able to give you advice.

Now on the last note there, Disability Living allowance, if your counsellor is really clever with words, or knows someone who is, and you struggle with dya to day tasks, like working, coping, paranoia, severe depression etc etc get a claim filled in for disability living allowance (the form is huge and most questions are about physical disabilities but you DEFINITELY CAN get it for mental health issues)

The 1st time you apply it will probably be rejected but get someone from Welfare rights to help with you with an appeal (phone your local Social security or welfare rights office)

In addition if your pay is reduced to SSP (Statutory sick pay) you may be entitled to make a claim for housing/council tax benefits. Contact your local council.

If you feel unable to cope with all the phonecalls etc your councellor can do it on your behalf, you just have to be there to give your permission over the phone and then she can do all the talking and asking for forms etc.

As I said this is the kind of situation I have real experience in dealing with pm me if you want any further info. I would add that this is as it stands in Scotland, but I can easily find out any differences in England with 2 quick phonecalls.

I know it sounds and seems bad just now, but it is not as bad as it maybe seems.

C'mon lost do that BIG cyber hug for me Left arm over right shoulder..............

HUGS
Old 05-26-2007, 06:15 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

a ear to listen LC...

xxoo, bless
Old 05-26-2007, 06:46 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
IO Storm

LC...

Cyber gave some excellent advice...

It took me 7 months with no income before I overcame my fears to get out and apply.

Do you have a strong friend or family member that will help
you get out and apply for these things?

Love,

IO
Old 05-26-2007, 07:18 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
believer

How are you today L.C?

Have a nice sunday!